CAMP REPORT bubba's 5 Aug TC Report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I said on another thread… when I think about what this defense will be, I really don’t factor in Terrel Lewis. I just wouldn’t count on him.

That being said… he would be a big factor if he stays on the field.

Not happy about Brown being gassed. Happy to hear he’s that strong.
Like I posted. He was working through some injuries. You also have to know for So Cal. It has been hot. Thousand Oaks is probably 5 degrees hot so The Rams train in hotter wheather though.

He is out there busting his butt.He made that 5 yard loss play & these guys are coming in & out during a high energy practice. What Bubba has seen I can’t speak for that. He gets out there more often than I do so I actually really enjoy his right ups. It lets me know what he is seeing & maybe I am missing.

You can’t forget Buuba saying he was unmovable as well. It’s not like he is not playing hard down to down. He imo is pushing through the PAIN of TRAINING CAMP which is only going to make him stronger. He still has to play hurt,but not get injured.

I heard what Floyd said about a month in a half ago about his injury he played with all season.

We can all judge the book by its cover. Just don’t be fulled by Fake News.Life is Life & we all live within.

I was watching the D’Line today.So I enjoyed how hard these guys work.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Once we decided to not bring in a vet Edge, I've been speculating that in known passing situations we would probably use Wagz or Ernest as a rusher...and it seems like the answer is Wagz. I bet we see more 2 ILB formations this year with Wagz blitzing a lot which he's terrific at. Great to hear about T Lewis, if he has a big year our defense will be ridiculous.

I'm happy for the dude and hope he keeps it up. Van being out for the next few weeks is perfect for Tutu to continue to learn and take another step. He's got good hands and his speed is undeniable. I hope he keeps working to learn the offense and makes a number of splash plays for us this year.

Well last season The Rams had DJ1. In years past The Rams have had Austin & Cooks. We can also go back to Sammy as well.

Mcvay likes his speed guys. The offense has changed over the years as well. He keeps things fresh.

I will always question some of his (Mcvay’s) play calling.Just because I will see something different at times.
That quote is more of just being jacked up & there are times.It’s easy to question.

Mcvay’s first season the Genius thing was a little over the top with reporters pounding it in.

Mcvay is The Best ever though.He just runs a GREAT program & his coaching
is what I will never question.He does things the Right way.

My point being is Mcvay & Raheem we’re going at it. Training Camp & OC’s vs. DC’s are awesome fun.

I go back as a SC fan & seeing spring ball with Pete & Coach O. Those guys practice hard against each other.

Wade was great to see also.I can’t recall Fisher as much. I was trying to think back,but staying positive & forward bound.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That would be a luxury problem.

1,000 % agree

Also the above reply about Wags & EJ.
Will see what happens there.

DC Morris is AWESOME IMO.

I Love that Man !! To all The Haters Hate. He has such great players & a coaching staff. The Rams are so BLESSED to have him as a coach.

Raheem Morris will be a HC & if Mcvay were to go into the announcers booth then so be it ? Stan & Demoff would sign him as a HC right NOW!!

He will bring COMP PICKS to Zthe Rams if he isn’t a college HC? I’m just saying enjoy him as long as you can & it’s easier the LOVE than HATE.

Funny(SAD) Vin Schully just died & 710 was playing some of his
Voice? It was sort of weird because he takes about a guy during in a hotel room from a heart attack.

Anyways he was a great.To see Mcvay interviewed made it interesting in my weird way & here them asking about how Mcvay (he) could turn down that money.
Then watching Morris with his walki talki. Vs. Mcvay thinking how cool these coaches play Real Life Madden every day against each other.

Add to Morris & Wags together is going to be awesome.

Last edited:

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
DC Morris is AWESOME IMO.

Agreed. Morris has reached another level. The confidence he's showing in press conferences right now is amazing. He's definitely grown from when he first came on board and was tasked with living up to huge expectations. He seems to have settled in and is in total control of the defense now.

And yes, he'll make a fine HC when someone, maybe Tampa, gives him a second shot at it.

McVay isn't going anywhere as long as he has a top-flight QB.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Anyways I OFFICIALLY just Blew up Bubba Rams Thread Wednesday’s
practice.

QB
Stafford out- happy to see they are resting his arm
Wolford- getting those solid Reps. Those are priceless & to think about his bursted appendix last training camp.
Perkins - he is athletic. Bubba had that nailed.I was a defensive guy today.

RB - Mcvay talked about it afterwards.

HENDO & AKERS
Funk as the 3rd guy
—have to say Calis will get CUT!!! Williams? Saw number #24 who had a nice run. There were 2 fields going so what happened on the far field I did not see. Usually I sail solo & would have been on both sides ? Maybe ?

WR - there is a lot there. I could post that part alone.

—add last play of practice SCARDED the Heck out of me. Today was Coooer KuPP All Day All the Time. Catch after catch. Had a least 8 to 10 catches if not more.

He had like 3 of the last 4 passes at the end. It was the last play & Mcvay was gathering the players all together to close it up.
Coooer Kupp made a catch. Can’t think of who was covering him,but his right(!) leg got caught at a weird angle & went out straight.I thought he was hurt. He got up gimpy ,but practice was ending so add to a scare & the timing of it all.

2 players helped him up. A young kid saw it as well and said,yes that Kupp.I was hoping it could be Ben Sko because his jersey was tucked up & the Zero could have been a 8.

Anyways scared the heck out of me.The practice cleared & I said GF .I’m not leaving without seeing Kupp being okay.

I posted it earlier this week so I’ll just continue posting more after my Ramble. This Zac Robinson is a special coach. Mcvay really likes him & respects him. So watching what I saw once again clarifies my view in person. There is a saying about believing 90% what you see & 10% what you hear.
I’m going to give my 10% that he will have a Bigtime role this season,but he also could be Copper Kupps personal coach ?
I will say on Sundays look at Kupp & see if Robinson is talking to him?
After practice Kupp was okay.

Stafford,Mcvay,Robinson, & Kupp all met & talked together for about 2 minutes. Then Kupp & Robinson played catch. Kupp is working on his catch & go timing.

After practice on the corner of the other side off the field Olsen was working with Sko. Almost said something,but didn’t. Olsen was licking his fingers before each throw.
He was trying to work on the over the head catch looking back. He was not throwing it well enough to challenge Ben though. JJ came out & was talking in between throws. I saw at least 20 balls really quick.
Will be interesting how that relationship evolves? I know Kupp has Robinson.

I have to say anyone that follows the NBA & knows Steph Curry? I will say I am seeing that type of player coach relationship ?
I heard some stuff about Brandon so we can all believe what we want to.

Just giving out a report & my breath was taken away for a moment.Glad I over reacted,because that would have been awful. What a GREAT(Ram) Player. The season he had last year blew my mind. Where he is now compared to last training camp is unbelievable better.
Last season he cuts like no other player. Now his practice:game level is top notch.

Add Robinson & his size. Forget about it. He had a Red Zone catch that I missed but didn’t. I saw him go up,but was on the move & the crowd told the story. He get open all day.

Ben Sko took a handoff & the defense still doesn’t know where he went.Gave Raheem a little needling.

Missed parts of practice being on a different end. I came back & was watching Red Zone before that Robinson catch.

There was a guy(NE Fan) who asked me who 82 was. I didn’t know at the time & didn’t want to look him up.
It is Mccuthen. He was telling me what a body & how impressed he was watching him.I said last season it was Johnny Mundt,but I know he went to the hags.
I saw him though at the end of practice make a TD that was really nice. Saw him on S-Teams & imo he makes the team especially over Calis.

Then Boom boom Powell is looking good as a KR guy. Atwell as well.
Powell is impressive & runs with power. — call me crazy,but he looked like a poorma’n’s Debo but smaller.
Went the wrong way with this report,but it is what it is.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Agreed. Morris has reached another level. The confidence he's showing in press conferences right now is amazing. He's definitely grown from when he first came on board and was tasked with living up to huge expectations. He seems to have settled in and is in total control of the defense now.

And yes, he'll make a fine HC when someone, maybe Tampa, gives him a second shot at it.

McVay isn't going anywhere as long as he has a top-flight QB.

Yep - I leave the negativity out.I like the way he lives life.Everyday is a good day.

I gave Deroin Kendrick’s some love. Raheem made sure he let the young man know he was playing well.

I was impressed with #6 Kendrick’s.He is strong. He did just about Raped Robinson & he had 10 flags thrown on him.on the play.

He totally man’s up Tutu.He does well against Robinson one on one as well.

Psycho_X

Legend
Only thing that worries me about T Lewis is that we wont be able to afford him if he is 100%, we got him where we got him in the draft strictly due to medical. Not wishing anything but success for him but hope we can keep him at a discount if he is 100%

That would be a luxury problem.
Yeah it would be a great problem to have, we still have Lewis for two more years regardless so if we can get two years of top play out of him and he leaves and gets us a third round comp pick that's better than his knee being worthless long term. But a lot can happen in two years so no reason we might not be able to afford him if he over performs... long way to go before we have to worry about that.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams D’ Front

Chris Garrett had a very good practice
he is a solid pass rusher. He will get his share of snaps.IMO he could be The best pass rusher The Rams have ?
That statement is silly,but I’m going off the way he gets after it. He had a sack coming off the (Floyd) side.They all switch though. I really like Garrett though.

Hollins & Floyd are the starters ?

Lewis imo will never be that pass rush guy.He has always waited & react type of DE. Long arms,strong & fast. He just doesn’t get off the ball quickly.That's not a knock on him.

Hardy is a hard worker.
Whitley from Holy cross is a player. I like his body type .

This group should be fine.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
A. Robinson is taking control of the defensive line.He is just a Beast. He is mentoring the young players as well.

E. Brown is going to make the roster & be a part of it. I actually think he was the one who beat Bacid Edwards on a inside pass rush for a sack. The F’ing Ref let it go,so I made sure Edwards knew beside himself & Brown that he had a sack & was holding badly. He worked that blocking pad as well.

Greg Freaking Gaines is in such good shape as well. I like this group.

Williams has been one of my favorites ,but he was running around hurt like Bobby Brown.He might not make the team? Lucky Brown is out 4 games.

Copeland- he is just an average player.Hard call,but works hard.

1659621574314.png

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Nick Scott enough said!!!

Bonifay’d

#1 Wolford yes was nice to see. Actually was very happy I didn’t see Stafford. Perez was with the other group on split squad #14.(Red)

Durant is #14
Perkins is #16 (red)
Back up punter #16

#2 Robinson- wow
#3 Nick Scott - will add he reads the offense so well he commits to the run fast & makes plays like Weedle was at the line of scrimmage.
Rapp was playing deep. Just never seemed to be in on a play?He was out there though. From the ground level it’s hard to see the movement. Stadiums seeing the rotation puts a NFL game into a different perspective.

#5 Was like who The Heck is Tyler Hall ? He is number #21. A player when he made the INT thought was DD21 Deyontee ? That was a nice play after thinking about it.

#6 is Keep Koop healthy. Glad he is not a return guy this season as well. Thank Goodness

#9. Yeah EJ53 made contact with the receiver over the middle. He layed out straight. It hurt him more than the WR.

—add Troy Hill put a hit on Cooper & Hill felt it. Good play,but drew eyes.
RAMsey was undercover & went over to him on the sideline.

David Long was flying around and Troy Hill was also running around. Hill is more of the inside Nickle CB. Sort of like when Coleman was a Ram. Hill took over for him2 years ago. Durant is 2nd string.

I like Durant because he is always around the ball. A WR caught the ball & he has such natural
Ball skills he went for the strip.

Kendrick is impressive to me. I really like the kid. Probably the Biggest new standout to me. Can’t think of seeing RR31. Saw him on CB ball drills.

Fuller was out there & Burgees as well. He was like Nick Scott’s biggest cheer leader

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I concur with @bubbaramfan maybe a trade is in the works. A team might want to add him, who knows?
.......No sign of Bobby Evans. He wasn't at Monday's practice either. Saturday he played most reps with 2nd team at RT. Something is up with Evans but haven't heard a word from anyone why he's a no show for 2 straight practices. Trade? Injury? McVay's doghouse?

Ol looks to be getting sorted out. Noteboom LT, Edwards LG, Allen C, and it looks like Shelton, who got most of the snaps the last two practices is frontrunner at RG, and of course Havenstien at RT. Where it's not so clear is who are backups at OL. A Jackson and T Anchrum are clearly backup LT and LG, they've both taken majority of snaps there and looked very good. Kolone took most snaps a C 2nd team today, with Snyder and Brewer getting in a few. Acuri and Ealy got majority of snaps at RT with 2nd team and Brewer and Bruss at RG. Looks like the right side of 2nd team OL is far from settled.
Has there been any OT's injured thus far in the NFL?

I understand there is an RT opening in NYG after yesterday, plus the Buffalo Bills are in trouble with the RT post now.

Coach Carberry mission must be to ensure starters for 2023 departing RT Hav & LG Edwards are set & secured on the 2022 MR53.

The future 2023 RT is not clear. So trading off Evans opens up 2nd team reps for a true 2023 starting RT prospect. Evans just robes highly valuable TC & preseason reps from our future RT prospect....Evans muddies up things!

Last edited:

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To everyone that contributed to this thread, thank you! I really enjoyed the opinions and info. You are all amazing fans.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

Ben Sko took a handoff & the defense still doesn’t know where he went.Gave Raheem a little needling.

This is something I'm hoping to see. Skow is a big, physical guy... I'd like to see him get a carry or two to see what kind of damage he can do.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
15 posts of "hey look how better a fan I am" mixed in with babbling nonsense.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
My thoughts thus far one week into TC on the reports on the OL.

To all the Training Camp on-site reports from ROD members, I am so appreciative for you taking the time to share with us what you have seen!:clap::thumbsup1:

OT's

Coach Carberry still has a boat load of OT's even without Bobby Evans. Starters Havenstein/Noteboom Reserve LT Alaric Jackson are set & secure for the opening season MR53 roster. The MR53 RT reserve position remains unclear. I believe Carberry is driven (Smartly So) to heavily scrutinize Rookie AJ Arcuri reps @ RT. I would bet the Rams do not want Arcuri on the PS so other teams can plunder. Swing OT Max Pircher would be another PS candidate again due to his special status.

OG/OT

Versatile skilled OL'ers like Rookie Logan Bruss & Anchrum with Edwards are a lock IMO. Highly versatile OG Chandler Brewer appears to be a lock for 2022 PS again with rookie OT/OG/OC Jack Snyder. Thus far, the current 2nd team LG Anchrum is the leading prospect for Edward's post.

Center

I have not heard anything much on Brian Allen other than he has spent a good amount in the gym due to his size increase. 2021 #6th OL'er Shelton sure appears to have a big head start to win the starting RG post thus far. So OC/OG Kolone got an HD day @ center with 2nd team? Kolone has over 4 seasons on the Rams Practice Squad. The Rams have cut him the last 4 yrs. Snyder vs Kolone battle will be interesting as to who will be Ram's 3rd center this season.

Current 8 OL'er guesstimate lineup:

OT-Havenstein/ Noteboom/ Jackson
OG-Edwards/ Shelton/ Anchrum/Bruss
OC-Allen

In contention for MR53 remaining OL position

OT-Arcuri
OG/OT/OC-Brewer
OC/OG-Kolone
OT-Pircher
OT/OG/OC-Snyder
OT-Ealy
RT-Evans