CAMP REPORT Bubba's 1 Aug TC Report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Just dawned on me...in another 15-20 yrs this board will literally be dead. Including me most likely....Lol!!

Yeah, that's a sobering thought. Hopefully our children will join this board, discuss things with us.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
#19 Powell fielding punts from the juggs machine also Akers #84

Nice to hear Landen Akers name again after his excellent pre-season play last year, he's likely the better WR of the two with Powell being the better Returner. jmo.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The silver lining might be they really focus on improving the run game so they are not relying so much on the passing game. Maybe by yrs end that makes them a much better team.
Maybe. But I see them going even more pass-centric this season.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I think they like Snyder and keep in mind that if Shelton starts at RG, he could still be the back up center. Much like the Viking game, where Shelton started at LG with Edwards at LT, then when Allen went down, Shelton moved to Center, Edwards back to LG and Jackson came off he bench to play LT. I also want @BonifayRam to review that too.
If Shelton does win the left guard position, (though I think Bruss and Anchrum have as good a chance) it wouldn't hurt him one bit to slide over to Center because he'll certainly have the snap count down through pure repetition.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I'll try to put something together when I get back to my room. But I have to say, this D is going to be fun to watch! Would not surprise me if AD and BWags have to take some plays off in camp just so the O can get some good rhythm and positive reps. And Ramsey isn't even out there yet.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
The silver lining might be they really focus on improving the run game so they are not relying so much on the passing game. Maybe by yrs end that makes them a much better team.
I feel like our run blocking is our biggest need to shore up, so we're not putting it all on Staff all year. Hopefully Bruss is a piece of that puzzle.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah Tutu's size brings limits. And I doubt Tutu is the kind of guy who will mix it up blocking though gonna wait and see on that front. Harris is like a bird or something. Guys kind of toss him around, or they did last year. So gonna wait and see on him too. And your point re: defenses getting a tell based on who's in is true if neither of those guys make strides on the blocking side.

But with Skow there's no tell. He can be in the pattern or even used as a lead blocker. He might be that fullback some here have wanted for so long, just a guy who is sourced from the wideout group vice the backs.

I like Skow a lot.
My thing with him is they don’t have the speed on field to open stuff up.

My comp for blocking for Harris is Jefferson, not Skow. Now, I just have no idea how much of a functional route tree Harris has at this point.

I have zero problems with Skow, overall.. and actually like him to be the guy rotating in when Rob & Kupp go out. He’s physical as hell.

I concur with Skowronek being physical, he's almost like an extra TE, however, besides the speed issue with Big Ben, his hands did him a disservice last year along with his route trees that seem to come up short from time to time.

Atwell has the speed to take the top off the defense & Harris might offer the best of both worlds so that's how I see it playing out creating Jefferson in the aggregate with the triumvirate of Skowronek, Atwell & Harris.

I’d like to see Skow add 20lbs and move to TE as the Ram’s version of Mark Bavaro.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If you're in coverage vs AR and don't get that head around you have damn near zero chance.

Tano

Legend
ARob reminds me, of me! ~ Brian Quick
1659392431578.png

Kenny Britt and Brian Quick at Ram Camp 2016

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If you're in coverage vs AR and don't get that head around you have damn near zero chance.
He could be a real pitch and catch player, particularly against smaller CB’s.