Brian Allen has allowed the most sacks at the center position with 5

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
That's really the main reason as you pointed out. We don't have the O-line to just sit back and sling it...never have had that since McVay came on board because he was a play-action play caller and needs a nimble line. We are just sitting there declaring our intentions right off the bat when we go empty on 1st down.

I hope McVay realized that Stafford is not superman and can use some help. It would prevent Stafford from playing Hero ball and trying to do too much. It's ingrained in Stafford to play hero-ball....he played on teams that he was the guy who had to produce or they lost.
Your last point is fantastic.

McVay needs to actually coach him... not just "partner an learn from" Stafford. He needs to make Stafford better and to help him unlearn some habits.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I've seen Allen whiff on blocks. But take a look at David Edwards. A number of times he got pushed all the way back to the quarterback. It led to sacks and pressures that caused off target throws. I thought he was better than that. Is he undersized to play guard?

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I've seen Allen whiff on blocks. But take a look at David Edwards. A number of times he got pushed all the way back to the quarterback. It led to sacks and pressures that caused off target throws. I thought he was better than that. Is he undersized to play guard?
He might be to big or specifically to tall. Hard for him to win with leverage when your that tall.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Edwards and Allen both have been bad recently. To me this was the single biggest factor in the TEN loss. But again, when you expect 4th-7th rounders on the OL to compete and win against top tier talent consistently...its tough. They will win a fair amount, but consistently? No they just won't. We have to hope they play better. But our offensive problems go way beyond just the OL. Staffords turnovers have been bad and McVay's game planning has been worse. Not to mention how terrible our D has been. Throw in the worst Special Teams unit in the NFL and it's no secret why we've got stomped out two weeks straight.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Edwards and Allen both have been bad recently. To me this was the single biggest factor in the TEN loss. But again, when you expect 4th-7th rounders on the OL to compete and win against top tier talent consistently...its tough. They will win a fair amount, but consistently? No they just won't. We have to hope they play better. But our offensive problems go way beyond just the OL. Staffords turnovers have been bad and McVay's game planning has been worse. Not to mention how terrible our D has been. Throw in the worst Special Teams unit in the NFL and it's no secret why we've got stomped out two weeks straight.

Have to agree here so hopefully with the bye week Allen will get healthier and Edwards will hold up better against the bull rush. The special teams is not a mystery IMHO. The problem was when they lost Raymond Calais in preseason. He was their return guy both PR & KR so when he went down, they just did not adjust well especially looking at Atwell, who just was not comfortable in that role.

J.J. Koski who is now the return guy, also does not look natural in that role IMO, I would make a move and promote PS WR Brandon Powell and switch him out for Koski. Powell is more of a natural PR/KR doing at both the collegiate level & NFL level. If the Rams can get some success in the return game, that could energize the unit. I expect to see changes next year on the staff and look for McVay to hire a younger ST Coordinator maybe even someone from the collegiate level.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have to agree here so hopefully with the bye week Allen will get healthier and Edwards will hold up better against the bull rush. The special teams is not a mystery IMHO. The problem was when they lost Raymond Calais in preseason. He was their return guy both PR & KR so when he went down, they just did not adjust well especially looking at Atwell, who just was not comfortable in that role.

J.J. Koski who is now the return guy, also does not look natural in that role IMO, I would make a move and promote PS WR Brandon Powell and switch him out for Koski. Powell is more of a natural PR/KR doing at both the collegiate level & NFL level. If the Rams can get some success in the return game, that could energize the unit. I expect to see changes next year on the staff and look for McVay to hire a younger ST Coordinator maybe even someone from the collegiate level.
Get busy, Tutu!

View: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1463235909717925891?s=20

TexasRam

Legend

Creed is also the 2nd highest graded center in the NFL this year.

He had his lowest graded game in week 2, so has really settled in after initial rookie adjustments.

Allen has not been a top center but he has been serviceable most games.

But imagine having Creed on his rookie contract for 3-4 more years, instead of having to overpay for a serviceable Allen in the offeseason because you chose a 150 lb WR over Creed, who by almost anyone was the clear logical pick.

Tano

Legend

He had his lowest graded game in week 2, so has really settled in after initial rookie adjustments.

But imagine having Creed on his rookie contract for 3-4 more years, instead of having to overpay for a serviceable Allen in the offeseason because you chose a 150 lb WR over Creed, who by almost anyone was the clear logical pick.
Still can't believe we chose a 150 lb receiver luxury item WR over a definite maybe not need but definitely helpful position like center

Grumble grumble grumble

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Still can't believe we chose a 150 lb receiver luxury item WR over a definite maybe not need but definitely helpful position like center

Grumble grumble grumble
You're not lying

Grumble grumble grumble lol

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles

By far the dumbest draft decision in mcsneads tenure.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
By far the dumbest draft decision in mcsneads tenure.
All I can think is that the Rams did not have a high grade on him. I know hindsight is 20-20 but nobody could see this kid's potential? And they needed a center! I just didn't get it.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
All I can think is that the Rams did not have a high grade on him. I know hindsight is 20-20 but nobody could see this kid's potential? And they needed a center! I just didn't get it.
Just goes to show mcsnead don't value oline over the skill positions

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
The Rams appeared to have whiffed on drafting Tutu like many believed the second he was drafted.

Center Creed Humphrey was a fan favorite by many if he somehow was available when the Rams had their first choice.

Humphrey was there for the taking and the Rams went against logic.

I'm sure Snead and his staff along with McVay learned a hard lesson about getting cute selecting Tutu over Humphrey.

They will have egg on their face for a long time unless Tutu has an impact next season.

R.2547fc56e5415e343ae0e9292f723db1

FarNorth

Hall of Fame

Maybe KC would take Tutu and a couple of first round picks for Humphrey??

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I understand the Tutu angst. He’s hurt, he didn’t play much prior to injury, and he’s small. I don’t like that list either.

At the same time he was drafted as a WR and we’ve not seen him there yet. Desean Jackson was hardly getting snaps, so why would rookie Tutu?

I think we need to see 2022.

I am not going to declare him anything. Dude might very well surprise some people year 2.

Tano

Legend
I understand the Tutu angst. He’s hurt, he didn’t play much prior to injury, and he’s small. I don’t like that list either.

At the same time he was drafted as a WR and we’ve not seen him there yet. Desean Jackson was hardly getting snaps, so why would rookie Tutu?

I think we need to see 2022.

I am not going to declare him anything. Dude might very well surprise some people year 2.
We can hope but I sincerely doubt it

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
We can hope but I sincerely doubt it
Tutu idea & DJ1 in theory we’re good ideas. Can The Rams please get a return guy ?
Next year’s offensive line will be interesting? Who is back ? I’m a bug Joesph Noteboom fan so I’m glad Whitworth is healthy.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well Whit getting torched in 1.3 seconds was the cause of one of our early turnovers. So for all the flak Allen has gotten (which was deserved btw) he's not the only guy who has shown cracks thus far in protections.

I don't have the stomach to review this game let alone endure the NFL's shitty gamepass video but I suspect it might be time to install Noteboom at LT and see what he has so they can make a good call on whether to retain him.