Brian Allen has allowed the most sacks at the center position with 5

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And the frustrating thing is they have the pieces to do that for the most part. Maybe a bigger back would help next yr, but Howell has size and could get some touches here and there as well this yr.

I agree, plus if Kendall Blanton cannot answer the call as the 2nd TE in 12 personnel then cut him and sign someone who can. I would love to lineup with double TE set with Howell and just smash a few plays right off the get go. Also if the Ram defense can't stop the run, then somebody needs to be held accountable.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They were never going to take him to begin with.
That's the fundamental issue, isn't it? The Rams drafting strategy doesn't value blue chip rookie linemen and they are wrong to be that way. It's a blind spot that drives me nuts.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
That's the fundamental issue, isn't it? The Rams drafting strategy doesn't value blue chip rookie linemen and they are wrong to be that way. It's a blind spot that drives me nuts.
I can’t argue with that.

But the Oline problem right now sure looks like more of a scheme problem than personnel.

They developed guys for one thing.. but they’re not doing that because McVay has fallen in love with 5 out and straight drop backs.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think the OL is the problem. The last two games Stafford still has had time to make throws. So he needs to play better first off.

Secondly I suspect teams are just playing pass in their keys and shit. That's their priority. We are getting defenses who are fully geared all week vs stopping the route combo tendencies because they don't fear our run game.

It's a combo of the two IMO. McVay simply needs to run the ball a little more and create more balance/threat there. And 9 has to unfuck himself.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I don't think the OL is the problem. The last two games Stafford still has had time to make throws. So he needs to play better first off.

Secondly I suspect teams are just playing pass in their keys and shit. That's their priority. We are getting defenses who are fully geared all week vs stopping the route combo tendencies because they don't fear our run game.

It's a combo of the two IMO. McVay simply needs to run the ball a little more and create more balance/threat there. And 9 has to unfuck himself.

Mcvay needs to run A LOT more. They ran the ball 10 times against the 9ers. That's right ten times

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Not really. Teams in general don't value centers. I made a whole thread on this in the spring.

Obviously they didn't and its looking like a horrible choice. Fact is, he would have been the better choice. Good rookie center on a rookie contract sounds good to me.

Not really. If it wasn't Tutu it was gonna be another position, and not center. This horrible choice didn't exist a couple weeks ago. In fact Brian Allen was being praised.

It's obvious he's hurt, and now he's being shit on while pining for another guy.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I have a feeling that pick will go down in history as the worst Rams pick ever (even worse than Greg Robinson and the other 2nd pick because at least those were picks of need and just selected the wrong player at the position).

WR was not a need pick but a luxury pick once we had Jackson (even though that has turned out to be a waste as well).
Robinson was a #2 pick. Tutu was #54 or something. No comparison imo.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not really. Teams in general don't value centers. I made a whole thread on this in the spring.

Not really. If it wasn't Tutu it was gonna be another position, and not center. This horrible choice didn't exist a couple weeks ago. In fact Brian Allen was being praised.

It's obvious he's hurt, and now he's being shit on while pining for another guy.
Kansas City did and they are profiting from a starting NFL center in year one, defying the narrative that it takes years for a rookie lineman to be a starter...

So, really.

Angry Ram

Kansas City did and they are profiting from a starting NFL center in year one, defying the narrative that it takes years for a rookie lineman to be a starter...

So, really.

Nah, they are profiting from Patrick Mahomes getting out of his funk. Creed Humphrey is not the reason why they climbed back into first.

Makes me nervous AF how this place would be if the Rams started the year the way KC did.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

Doesn't matter what a team values. Tutu getting picked as opposed to Humphrey makes it a horrible pick.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah, they are profiting from Patrick Mahomes getting out of his funk. Creed Humphrey is not the reason why they climbed back into first.

Makes me nervous AF how this place would be if the Rams started the year the way KC did.
Yeah...I am not looking at records...Humphreys is doing a damn fine job as a rookie. My comments have nothing to do with what Mahomes is doing. My comments isolate on the center position.

Angry Ram

Doesn't matter what a team values. Tutu getting picked as opposed to Humphrey makes it a horrible pick.

It actually does otherwise they would've picked him (like so many other teams). And no it's not a horrible pick b/c there's 3 talented guys in front of him or that he got hurt. Brian Allen was doing well. No one cared about him until this past Monday, clearly hurt w/ that big ass brace.

Yeah...I am not looking at records...Humphreys is doing a damn fine job as a rookie. My comments have nothing to do with what Mahomes is doing. My comments isolate on the center position.

Sure, I can say he's doing great. Bitching about it now, after losses, and then changing the thread title to shit on Brian Allen after not a damn peep all year speaks for itself. It's the ultimate kneejerk.

They didn't pick *almost* "everyone's guy." They didn't want him, they took a pick to develop. Like w/ QBs, just b/c he's not "your guy" doesn't mean it's the wrong guy.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
It actually does otherwise they would've picked him (like so many other teams). And no it's not a horrible pick b/c there's 3 talented guys in front of him or that he got hurt. Brian Allen was doing well. No one cared about him until this past Monday, clearly hurt w/ that big ass brace.
Guess we'll agree to disagree. Anytime a team messes up a pick, every fan always goes back to other players that could have been picked that fared better. Humphrey is a home run vs a small WR that we picked up, couldn't get on the field, and when he did, he predictably got hurt because he's not built for getting hit. I'm sorry but TuTu was a dumbass pick and I'm not changing my mind there. Even worse, now we have OBJ now. Where does the Lil guy even fit in. I know he's got time, but I'll wait to see if any crow comes my way.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Yeah, they don't respect the run because they don't have to. They don't need to stop it because McVay will eventually stop it.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I have a great idea.

Let's have 300 more posts about how we should have drafted Creedy.

That won't solve shit, but boy, will it make us feel good. And smart.

But what's the fucking point?

I seem to recall a LOT of posters lamenting the fact that we "SHOULDA"" drafted Garapollo.
Funny how that kinda died down.

That said, I AM pretty much in lockstep with those of us questioning Seanny's stubborness.
Maybe he's finding out what Matty's limits are.

What scares me most is we just seem to fold up - no fight and no adjustment. And we pretty much know how the game will go 10 minutes in, my opinion.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I have a great idea.

Let's have 300 more posts about how we should have drafted Creedy.

That won't solve shit, but boy, will it make us feel good. And smart.

But what's the fucking point?

I seem to recall a LOT of posters lamenting the fact that we "SHOULDA"" drafted Garapollo.
Funny how that kinda died down.

That said, I AM pretty much in lockstep with those of us questioning Seanny's stubborness.
Maybe he's finding out what Matty's limits are.

What scares me most is we just seem to fold up - no fight and no adjustment. And we pretty much know how the game will go 10 minutes in, my opinion.
Yeah… I’m much less worried about missing on Creed when we have a more than functional guy in Allen.. than I am about the lack of development in Long JR & Burgess.

Neither one of those guys can even get on the field unless someone is hurt. That’s awful.