Brian Allen has allowed the most sacks at the center position with 5

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Listening to Rams report here in LA on 710espn. Allen is nursing an elbow injury suffered vs the Titans and will not practice today.. McVay says Coleman Sheton is next man up.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
He was pretty awful against the Titans. Wonder if the injury was the issue. Hopefully that is the case because he was a turnstyle for Simmons and Autry last week.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
He was pretty awful against the Titans. Wonder if the injury was the issue. Hopefully that is the case because he was a turnstyle for Simmons and Autry last week.

I'm thinking that's what happened.

Just saw this. How's OBJ gonna get the ball now?? We had a really rough night with pressure up the middle all night long vs. Titans. This is bad news.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not crazy about going with the backup Center against San Francisco. Hopefully, Shelton is up for the task.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Shelton is pretty good for a backup and has started a lot of games during his career.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Damn, that Creed Humphries pick really could have come in handy right now.
Exactly what I was thinking. Instead, we have Tutu Atwell...

You can never have enough depth in the trenches. Atwell, even if he turns out (and it is looking grim), was always going to be a luxury pick.

Ramer

Been a Ram fan too long to quit now
If you think about it..the way to stop the Rams passing attack with all these receivers is to to get to the QB in a hury. Hoping LA has plan B for all these blitz coming up..... Thinking Buddy's 46 defense since McVay's philosophy is NOT dink and dunk your way down field

TexasRam

Legend
Come on Shelton!

1636727698154.gif

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If you think about it..the way to stop the Rams passing attack with all these receivers is to to get to the QB in a hury. Hoping LA has plan B for all these blitz coming up..... Thinking Buddy's 46 defense since McVay's philosophy is NOT dink and dunk your way down field
Yep. The run blocking was working. It could have thwarted the constant pass rush and forced the Titans to back off. There is always an answer. I guess it is just more difficult to change up the offensive plan quickly. It doesn’t look that tough from the TV. I agree with Collinsworth that the Rams should have O’Connel up in a booth for a better perspective.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Exactly what I was thinking. Instead, we have Tutu Atwell...

You can never have enough depth in the trenches. Atwell, even if he turns out (and it is looking grim), was always going to be a luxury pick.
Yep. It’s hard to digest that one with the recent successes Snead has had. I even understood the Greg Robinson pick. It had risk but made sense from an athleticism and need standpoint. Plus Lewan screwed it up by threatening a rape victim. So the choices were limited.

I will never understand the Atwell pick after Snead experienced the Tavon mess. I hope he’s finally done with trying to project small lightweight guys to the NFL.

oldnotdead

Legend

All the OL struggled not just Allen. Havenstein was a turnstile, and even Whitworth was slow to pick up the stunts, etc. Give credit where credit is due, the Titan's DC came up with a very aggressive scheme and it worked.

It will give Carberry good coaching points this week against another very good DL of the 49ers. It will be interesting how McVay approaches this game. Do they continue to press the envelope or do they go with quicker routes.

I've heard that McVay is thinking of going with 4 WRs no TEs on some plays. This would threaten any DC who wants to blitz.

I don't understand all the angst over Tutu. Hes a rookie who struggled to acclimate to the NFL. That is very common regardless of position they play. I say hold judgement to see how he looks next year.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I don't understand all the angst over Tutu. Hes a rookie who struggled to acclimate to the NFL. That is very common regardless of position they play. I say hold judgement to see how he looks next year.

People struggle with him because they think there were better options in the draft at that time. I agree with those people.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Our offenses problems have always been mcVay not switching to plan B before.the 2nd half. He needs to adjust instead of insisting it's eventually going to work.

Shades of Martz