Brandin Cooks to Rams for a 1st: blockbuster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
HATE! Of all the things we could do with our 1st round pick, we're doing another 1 year rental for a guy that had even less upside than Sammy? FML. Not a fan at all

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Im usually against short receivers but Desean Jackson was successful under McVay, so why not Cooks?

My homer is kicking in.... I'm warming up to this.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I like Cooks a lot. I wish the Rams hadn’t used a first to get him though.

New England traded a first and third to get him from New Orleans. This was with two years on his contract. I would think with one year left, his value would be a little lower.

Ive said this a million times. People didnt want to listen.

You and me both. Losing Sammy was a big blow to the offense and McVay doesn’t think Reynolds can replace him.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Goff and Cooks are buddies

For some reason Goff and Watkins never really ever seemed to connet

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well the offense just got better and we wont have to worry about the void Sammy left.

I guess no LVE but I hope they move up with those 4ths and get a starting LB though.

The time between the combine and draft is flying by due to all the rams action. Usually its seems like an eternity but the moves so far have kept things rolling right along.
Definitely entertaining

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
First move they've made I'm not a fan of.

Frankly getting a little sick and tired of these back end of rookie contract deals. Rams just got smoked on the Watkins front essentially giving up a second rounder for a less than stellar year and then seeing him walk. Now chasing good money after bad and doubling down for Cooks who is in the SAME position as Watkins. Meanwhile, outside of free agents, the Rams haven't shown any ability to lock up their own guys on long term deals unless it's for a player they don't want like Ogletree. They can't just franchise guys every year.

The next three off seasons Rams are looking at FAs Donald/Cooks, then Gurley/Peters, then Goff and that is with 3 free agent O-lineman next year and Joyner without a long term deal.

Draft choices matter. You have to trust your scouting department. They better find some guys in rounds 3 and 4.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Put it in perspective. For any team other than New England, getting to a Super Bowl is very difficult. The Rams are all in, doing everything they can to get there and win it. They have the coaching staff. Now they have the right players. Get one under their belts and then figure out 2019 next winter.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams new Linebacker philosophy is simple.

Score more points than they do.
Ummm ... I actually think it's more like, "you have two seconds to throw, and we have a top, if not THE top, secondary in the league. Good luck."

We can grab filler for the linebackers, and have improved everywhere else. The top scoring offense in the NFL will be better with experience (Goff, Kupp, Everett all can be expected to still improve), and we replaced a talented guy (Watkins) with another talented guy (Cooks).

We can debate the cost (wish we had a second to have given away instead), but I don't think we can debate the overall result for this year: a better team across the board than last year, with a weaker linebacking core, that can still be addressed by using fifteen fourth round picks and twelve sixth rounders.

There is a window and McSnead are going for it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seriously...I said this elsewhere. I won't mourn for what we never had. The Rams lost Watkins and gained a #1 WR with three straight 1000 yards seasons in Brandin Cooks. We are going deep into the playoffs, imo.

Name
Ronnie
Not crazy about this. What was his season like with patriots. Didnt think it was that good. Could be wrong. Must've felt he's better than any rookie they would have chosen in the first round. Maybe they were thinking wide rec. First pick instead of linebacker. They must feel they can get good linebacker rd. 3,4.they have got to have a few choices in mind that will be there later on and "pleased with LB's on the roster". Wish i felt more confortable with this but l'll trust McSnead #RAMSFANFORLIFE

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I will say one thing we better win the big one this year ... or I can see McVay and co
Getting mauled in the media
that was going to happen without this deal.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Relatively easy move for Les and I'm not surprised we've been talking to them for a bit.

As long as we resign him, it's a fantastic move. One of the best speed receivers in the game, still only 24yrs old, better than Watkins from an injury and production standpoint. Better than OBJ and the risk/reward associated. Much safer move, again AS LONG AS WE RESIGN HIM.

After losing Sammy the way we did and it costing a 2nd, my gut tells me Les doesn't make this move unless we will resign him.

Very happy because now our offense can continue the dominant ways. A little mad only because we will now be weak at edge rusher. Really wanted Landry or Key at 23 but I trust Wade.

I guess the plan is to keep our foot on the pedal offensively, get a lead and let AD and Suh wreck people's lives.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'd have felt a ton better had there been a 3rd rounder coming back rather then another 4th.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I like it, so does Mannion lol

If this doesn’t confirm the Rams are “all in” next season then I suppose I don’t know what will

They (unlike seemingly most of you) apparently feel fairly decent about their second level of defense tho I’d venture to guess they will add a player or two

I see this draft focusing on OL and ILB

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Plus, It's not effectively a prove it deal. Watkins was injury prone coming to us. I think Snead/Demoff try to sign this guy to a deal early, where they wouldn't do that with Watkins last year...
Not would they want to do that with Odell considering his questionable attitude issues.