Binge worthy shows

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I was told that it was getting 1.5 out of 10 stars by most everybody that watched it

Maybe that info was bad

May have to try it out to see for myself
FWIW, Rotten Tomatoes has it at 87% critics, 83% fans. I’m betting a lot of the criticism comes from fans of the graphic novels who don’t like the adaptation.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
Better Call Saul... a master class in tv per usual from Vince Gilligan. Just give Rhea Seehorn all the Emmys. Will be sad to see it go next week.

View attachment 55711

Yeah, it's been brilliant.
Even though it's a spin off from the best ever TV show, it does work as a stand alone series without having to watch Breaking Bad.
Then again, why would anyone not want to watch Breaking Bad?

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
FWIW, Rotten Tomatoes has it at 87% critics, 83% fans. I’m betting a lot of the criticism comes from fans of the graphic novels who don’t like the adaptation.
An 83 audience score is actually pretty impressive

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Better Call Saul... a master class in tv per usual from Vince Gilligan. Just give Rhea Seehorn all the Emmys. Will be sad to see it go next week.

View attachment 55711
I hadn’t realized they began the 2nd part of the last season until I saw this. So I got caught up this weekend and can’t believe it will be over tonight. It’s like a final good bye to Breaking Bad

Tano

Legend
I was told that it was getting 1.5 out of 10 stars by most everybody that watched it

Maybe that info was bad

May have to try it out to see for myself
It's interesting but it is also slow. Not very fast paced that's for sure

Psycho_X

Legend
Better Call Saul man... I don't even know where to begin but I don't think I've watched a show that makes me think about it after the fact as much as it does. The finale wasn't a huge "fuck yeah!" fest like Breaking Bad's was with a blatantly satisfying ending. But to me that finale was satisfying in a different way. It was a bit slow but poignant I thought. Didn't try to jump the shark and stuck to exactly how it should have ended. Just a couple spoiler thoughts....

The main point is really sticking with me.... don't let regrets be a time machine that drags you backwards to shape your future. God damn that's something that everyone needs to live by really. Everyone has regrets whether minor or major and too many people let them shape their future while they worry about the past. I have struggled with that at times and while nothing crazy like Jimmy McGill it's enough to have affected things I've done to shape my future. It's making me take pause and really want to use that as a motivation moving forward.

Also, the only color in present day Saul world being the lit tip of the cigarette shared by Jimmy and Kim... so damn simple yet almost heart breaking. I appreciated the redemption, albeit unsatisfying in traditional happy ending sense, for Jimmy. But showing the never ending spark of life Kim and Jimmy give each other was a nice touch. Or at least how I viewed it. Maybe they can at least maintain a comforting relationship for each other going forward through prison walls.

Overall, I'm really sad to see this world end. It's been my favorite pretend world to live in since the first time I started watching BB. I'm going to miss being amazed at watching these shows.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I like these 3 all good and all different

Severance.jpg
under the banner of heaven.jpgThe Bear.jpg

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Better Call Saul man... I don't even know where to begin but I don't think I've watched a show that makes me think about it after the fact as much as it does. The finale wasn't a huge "fuck yeah!" fest like Breaking Bad's was with a blatantly satisfying ending. But to me that finale was satisfying in a different way. It was a bit slow but poignant I thought. Didn't try to jump the shark and stuck to exactly how it should have ended. Just a couple spoiler thoughts....

The main point is really sticking with me.... don't let regrets be a time machine that drags you backwards to shape your future. God damn that's something that everyone needs to live by really. Everyone has regrets whether minor or major and too many people let them shape their future while they worry about the past. I have struggled with that at times and while nothing crazy like Jimmy McGill it's enough to have affected things I've done to shape my future. It's making me take pause and really want to use that as a motivation moving forward.

Also, the only color in present day Saul world being the lit tip of the cigarette shared by Jimmy and Kim... so damn simple yet almost heart breaking. I appreciated the redemption, albeit unsatisfying in traditional happy ending sense, for Jimmy. But showing the never ending spark of life Kim and Jimmy give each other was a nice touch. Or at least how I viewed it. Maybe they can at least maintain a comforting relationship for each other going forward through prison walls.

Overall, I'm really sad to see this world end. It's been my favorite pretend world to live in since the first time I started watching BB. I'm going to miss being amazed at watching these shows.
It's funny... I completely resisted ever watching it.. despite it being, obviously, a TV classic.

I think it was just my deep, deep love for Breaking Bad made me not go back to that world without Walter White in it.. but, after re-watching Justified again, lol, I'm going to dive in.

Psycho_X

Legend
It's funny... I completely resisted ever watching it.. despite it being, obviously, a TV classic.

I think it was just my deep, deep love for Breaking Bad made me not go back to that world without Walter White in it.. but, after re-watching Justified again, lol, I'm going to dive in.
It's definitely not Breaking Bad, I know some people who love BB who just couldn't get into BCS. It's different and a slower pace. Not as crazy as BB got to be where after season 2 ended it was like an unstoppable boulder rolling down a hill until the end lol. But I still love BCS, a really good character study and the writing/directing are still top notch. It has just enough cameos and connections to BB to make you feel like you're still in that world but not enough to distract you from this show's purpose.

I think the biggest issue I had watching it is that it's hard to connect the actors to a younger version in my head. Obviously, this is a prequel to BB yet by the end of the show everyone is 10-14 years older than they were the first time they were in BB but it all takes place before it (mostly). So it takes a bit of acceptance but can still be a bit distracting at times.

Also, I have an unhealthy crush on Rhea Seehorn now.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
It's definitely not Breaking Bad, I know some people who love BB who just couldn't get into BCS. It's different and a slower pace. Not as crazy as BB got to be where after season 2 ended it was like an unstoppable boulder rolling down a hill until the end lol. But I still love BCS, a really good character study and the writing/directing are still top notch. It has just enough cameos and connections to BB to make you feel like you're still in that world but not enough to distract you from this show's purpose.

I think the biggest issue I had watching it is that it's hard to connect the actors to a younger version in my head. Obviously, this is a prequel to BB yet by the end of the show everyone is 10-14 years older than they were the first time they were in BB but it all takes place before it (mostly). So it takes a bit of acceptance but can still be a bit distracting at times.

Also, I have an unhealthy crush on Rhea Seehorn now.
Holy shit. It’s slower than Breaking Bad? I'm glad I never tried to start it now.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Holy shit. It’s slower than Breaking Bad? I'm glad I never tried to start it now.
To each their own, but I cant see how any Breaking Bad fan wouldnt love this show. Of course in today's age of binging, I'm not sure if picking it up now would have anything close to resembling what it was like to watch from the beginning. For me, I thought BB was the greatest series ever, had the best finale ever and was bummed when the show was finally over, BUT the saving grace was knowing that "Better Call Saul" was in the works, so I at least had curiosity from the jump. As far as the show went, the evolution of Jimmy becoming Saul was a part of it, but you also saw the back story of Mike, Gus, Hector Salamanca/Don Eladio and the "lab". Crazy Tuco and the psycho Twin assassins make their presence known for sure.
So yeah, 7 years ago and still suffering from Breaking Bad hangover, I gave it a shot and got hooked right away, never thought it was slow other than waiting a year and a half for season 5 to come out and then 2 years for season 6

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
To each their own, but I cant see how any Breaking Bad fan wouldnt love this show. Of course in today's age of binging, I'm not sure if picking it up now would have anything close to resembling what it was like to watch from the beginning. For me, I thought BB was the greatest series ever, had the best finale ever and was bummed when the show was finally over, BUT the saving grace was knowing that "Better Call Saul" was in the works, so I at least had curiosity from the jump. As far as the show went, the evolution of Jimmy becoming Saul was a part of it, but you also saw the back story of Mike, Gus, Hector Salamanca/Don Eladio and the "lab". Crazy Tuco and the psycho Twin assassins make their presence known for sure.
So yeah, 7 years ago and still suffering from Breaking Bad hangover, I gave it a shot and got hooked right away, never thought it was slow other than waiting a year and a half for season 5 to come out and then 2 years for season 6
I like the first couple seasons of Breaking Bad, but it was so excruciatingly slow moving that I stopped enjoying it after that. I only finished it because my wife was determined to finish it. I couldn't imagine watching something slower that Breaking Bad.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Definitely not for me.

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The 3 best I've seen of the last few years are Gomorrah made In Italy, Spiral from France and Top Boy from London. All works of genius but all require subtitles and American promoters don't like releasing like that because they know they will resist them. Even top boy contains a lot of impenetrable accents and slang. All 3 are well worth sticking with because their class is up up BB And. sopranos.

Mind you, didn't they have to add subtitles to Peaky Blinders?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watched this weekend a new series Undeclared War on Peacock. Really good spy/espionage/cyber war show I enjoyed the hell out of it and a good cast.

Psycho_X

Legend

Ironic cause they didn't start the show off with any kind of opening sequence... all though they said it'll have one starting next week.

But I enjoyed the first one. They did a good job establishing the time period, characters, and what's at stake for each one mostly. Felt and looked like GoT. Only complaint so far is it is too focused... ONLY focused... on King's Landing. What made original GoT so good (for most of the seasons) was the diverse stories across the entire map converging on each other eventually. That isn't a necessity as long as the writing is good but when we've been given such a rich and vibrant world it seems a bit boring to only be in one city.

I did read the Fire and Ice books (so far) but did not read the Fire and Blood one that this show is based off of so no idea what to specifically expect for the most part so that's kind of a nice change.