Backup QB Options the Rams Have To Consider after Sean Mannion's Preseason Debacle

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which QB would you grab?

• Colt McCoy

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Kyle Sloter

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Robert Griffin III

Votes: 40 52.6%
  • Other (comment below)

Votes: 17 22.4%

• Total voters

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do we really think that Mannion IS as bad as the reports state? To me it sounds like there was some serious vanilla on the playing field from the Rams, unlike Baltimore. I trust McVay's opinion here, he knows what he's got in the players (including the depth guys) - he did ok last year ;)

I'd like to see Mannion run out again, but tbh I'd also like to see Perez on the field, it could be fun ;)
I have my own eyes, with which I have been watching for anything like good QB play in preseason over the years. We always hear/see that he does ok in Camp, but never in games. This last game was finally a crystallized, WTF MOMENT. So no report told me how to think, I think according to the evidence presented.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Maybe Bradford will free up, if he gets cut.... or maybe Case... :notsure: :sick:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Matt Moore is a free agent and has worked with Zach Taylor, I believe he has a couple of years left at 34 and that will enable the Rams to draft a backup next year and let him learn...McCoy not durable the guy gets hurt getting off the bus and I would not be opposed to RG3 as that would be irony at it finest and I don't know enough about Sloter, but he has no experience.

Speaking of Oregon St. Journey men ! Is Anderson still in the league ?

Mannion & Cooks bought have Team records.

In defense of Sean Mannion. He was put in a tough situation, plus add that he is a new father at a bad time of his career. His focus has not been where it was suppose to be.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I have my own eyes, with which I have been watching for anything like good QB play in preseason over the years. We always hear/see that he does ok in Camp, but never in games. This last game was finally a crystallized, WTF MOMENT. So no report told me how to think, I think according to the evidence presented.

I wasn't questioning your opinion at all @LoyalRam or that you're just going off reports. What I was implying was that McVay must see something in him to keep him around, he's been rather ruthless in the past with Fisher selections.

After all, I've also seen Goff play stinkers... but he turned out ok ;)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Sometimes a 28 year old QB just needs a chance. Maybe Tannehill gets rolled up on in preseason and he leads the most prolific NFL offense in modern history to a Super Bowl.
It could happen.

Yes, lightning can strike twice.
giphy.gif

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I fully expect a nice bounce back game from Mannion this week and thus should put minds at ease

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'd be fine with Kaepernick tbh.

I would be too but it won't happen.

And I dislike him, though not for the kneeling.

His main downfall has been durability

And turnovers.........Griffin doesn't take care of the ball well and McVay demands security.

Would be funny to have Suh and RGIII on same team.

Then.........trade for Bradford and we can have a reunion season LOLOLOLOL.

Playing against Sam and the Cards...lol

Haha yes!!!!!

His protest probably helps the Rams there.

He's already on record that he isn't going to do it anymore.

Not that he will get back in the NFL anyway.

I trust McVay's opinion here

And I do too! Big time. He's sees these guys, he knows what they can and can't do, he's proven he is not blind to reality.

Chiefs have always been my second favorite team

You're dead to me. ;)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I think we can all relax, Mannion is unlikely to be on anyones roster other than the Rams.

He knows the system, and had a bad outing with scrubs.

He's not going anywhere.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think we can all relax, Mannion is unlikely to be on anyones roster other than the Rams.

He knows the system, and had a bad outing with scrubs.

He's not going anywhere.

Les, he hates me....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
9TOqJNR.png

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
A lot of teams are carrying three right now. Someone decent may get cut loosed at end of camp.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
And turnovers.........Griffin doesn't take care of the ball well and McVay demands security.

Yeah. I followed the Redskins during the Rams' exile, and yeah Griffin would just fearlessly stand there looking downfield until he got hit. I remember how refreshing it was when Cousins finally took over and had decisive quick-release, pocket-awareness, elusiveness in the pocket, etc.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I wonder how much having a backup QB win the superbowl has shifted everyone's perspective.
I think a backup QB on a team, starts first with a coaches philosophy. Some want proven veterans to help with young QB's. Some look at them as commodities, develop them, and then trade them. And some are looking for a guy who can eventually beat out the starter. It seems as if McVay, surrounds his QB's with talented coaches, so he doesn't have to get that from a vet.

It will be interesting to see Allen, an Mannion battle this out, because Mannion left the door open, and Allen played pretty well.

fearsomefour

Legend
Yeah. I followed the Redskins during the Rams' exile, and yeah Griffin would just fearlessly stand there looking downfield until he got hit. I remember how refreshing it was when Cousins finally took over and had decisive quick-release, pocket-awareness, elusiveness in the pocket, etc.
Actual QB skills as opposed to running ability?
What a concept.