Backup QB Options the Rams Have To Consider after Sean Mannion's Preseason Debacle

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which QB would you grab?

• Colt McCoy

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Kyle Sloter

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Robert Griffin III

Votes: 40 52.6%
  • Other (comment below)

Votes: 17 22.4%

• Total voters
Name
Hollywood Ram
His contract is too expensive.

Do whatever you have to do to go get Kyle Sloter? You can groom him if Goff ever becomes a contractual problem or does not pan out/or injured. Worst case you ship him out ala Jimmy G after he holds a clip board for a few years.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do whatever you have to do to go get Kyle Sloter? You can groom him if Goff ever becomes a contractual problem or does not pan out/or injured. Worst case you ship him out ala Jimmy G after he holds a clip board for a few years.

He's an option too, but we'll see if the Vikings let him go.

dang

Legend
Mannion has no rhythm or intensity. After the first 2 series his confidence seemed a little better but he just doesn't have what it takes to lead an NFL offense. I am not sure what the Rams can do this season but I would think they are considering options and will prioritize an improved option for next year.

Allen hasn't shown a whole lot this preseason either but his level of intensity and ability to scramble shows a little bit better than what Mannion has to offer.

fearsomefour

Legend
Mannion has no rhythm or intensity. After the first 2 series his confidence seemed a little better but he just doesn't have what it takes to lead an NFL offense. I am not sure what the Rams can do this season but I would think they are considering options and will prioritize an improved option for next year.

Allen hasn't shown a whole lot this preseason either but his level of intensity and ability to scramble shows a little bit better than what Mannion has to offer.
I don't know what intensity is supposed to mean.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This preseason, Mannion is 24/46 for 168 yards, 2 INT, 1 TD. That’s a disgraceful 3.65 YPA and QB rating of 49.9
To make matters worse, despite that terrible display, Allen didn’t outplay him to take over the backup job