Are the 49ers going to be our biggest threat in the coming years ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If the Rams biggest threat in the next few years is going to be the 49ers, we are in for some Patriots like dominance and stranglehold on 1st place

I think there's going to come a time when the 49ers are going to challenge the Rams for the division. But I doubt next year will be that time. I think Shanahan's a good coach with a very good offensive mind. But they need weapons and defense. Might take them a longer than it did the Rams. The Rams already had talent in place. They just needed a good coach to put it all together. The 49ers basically started from scratch.

The Rams didn’t cover 2 1/2 points. John Lynch gets it. Will The Rams get past the Niners who are 4 of 5 ? This game is not a given.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams didn’t cover 2 1/2 points. John Lynch gets it. Will The Rams get past the Niners who are 4 of 5 ? This game is not a given.
Didnt cover 2.5 points when? 49ers 4 of 5 run is against nobodies...

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
Before you anoint Garoppolo as the franchise savior in San Francisco, keep in mind that he is just now getting to the point that there is enough tape on him for DCs to start dissecting his game. A lot of QBs look good their first few games, then the NFL caliber DCs begin to figure them out. Let's see how he looks next season.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
.Lynch is unproven as a GM and hasn't looked all that great..........Shanahan falls into the same category, unproven and hasn't looked all that good.
What's Lynch done that you don't like Les? I liked his draft...it was slick.
Those guys make very, very few personnel blunders.
Chad Johnson....and, oh yeah, you know they got Kenny Britt too...LOLOL:rolllaugh:

Easley aint bad either...let him go to us.
Don't ask me why tho
Why Rhody?:fuelfire::cool:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What's Lynch done that you don't like Les? I liked his draft...it was slick.

I know they had a boatload of higher picks, but it's his first year and Shanahan's first year as well. So they are unproven. Shanahan has experience coaching, so maybe he gets a little leeway but Lynch has never been in an NFL office.

I always thought Lynch was a bit of a dirty player, more than a bit actually. He speared players and hit the head a lot. His signature move was a forearm to the head.

And the owner is shit.

My "Big Three" theory for winning is.......QB/GM/Owner and the 49ers have question marks or incomplete grades on all three. Now sometimes I will stretch it to Big Four because many times a gifted OC can change a team's fortunes too and in that case Shanahan checks that box.

We have Goff/Snead/Kroenke so we check 2 boxes and when we stretcvh to four and add McVay we check 3 out of 4 boxes.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
getting very close to checking that QB box Les
train

If you mean the 49ers (and you BETTER lol) I dunno. He's a FA and if he looks good the rest of they year it'll take a big contract to hold onto him. And he may want to go to a contender that is just in need of a QB to be that final piece. There are a few of those around and other than Cousins what are the options in free agency? I doubt if Brees is going anywhere, he's probably waiting for Cousins to sign a blockbuster deal which will raise his pricetag.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I gotta admit, while the whiners do have some hope, there is always that ownership. They seem to find a way to screw things up.

nighttrain

Legend
If you mean the 49ers (and you BETTER lol) I dunno. He's a FA and if he looks good the rest of they year it'll take a big contract to hold onto him. And he may want to go to a contender that is just in need of a QB to be that final piece. There are a few of those around and other than Cousins what are the options in free agency? I doubt if Brees is going anywhere, he's probably waiting for Cousins to sign a blockbuster deal which will raise his pricetag.

ehhhh you said,
We have Goff/Snead/Kroenke so we check 2 boxes and when we stretcvh to four and add McVay we check 3 out of 4 boxes.
i took that as 3 out 4 at Snead, Kroneke, and McVay, but if you meant 4 out of four, i'm all in
train

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
ehhhh you said,
i took that as 3 out 4 at Snead, Kroneke, and McVay, but if you meant 4 out of four, i'm all in
train

I'm no fan of Kroenke..........let's leave it at that. :sneaky:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
me, he doesn't appear to meddle, and he's building the best facility in the NFL
peace out
train

And that's going to be good for the fans that he doesn't meddle if the right people are in place in my Big Three/Four. Which I think we have.

Right now he and Demoff are probably wondering how to fill that new facility..........with Rams fans..........my guess is it will probably be impossible to stop brokers from snatching up a large portion of the tickets.

I get it, opposing fans have a right to see their team but I'm tiring of the stadium having empty seats and loads of opposing team fans. I guess I'm finally old enough to say I'm old school about "our house".

nighttrain

Legend
And that's going to be good for the fans that he doesn't meddle if the right people are in place in my Big Three/Four. Which I think we have.

Right now he and Demoff are probably wondering how to fill that new facility..........with Rams fans..........my guess is it will probably be impossible to stop brokers from snatching up a large portion of the tickets.

I get it, opposing fans have a right to see their team but I'm tiring of the stadium having empty seats and loads of opposing team fans. I guess I'm finally old enough to say I'm old school about "our house".
i am delighted he's not like Snyder in Wash, that guy used to freak me out , our own beloved skank, Georgia
train

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
i am delighted he's not like Snyder in Wash, that guy used to freak me out , our own beloved skank, Georgia
train

Georgia was a terrible owner and it still irks me that I didn't get to see the GSOT take the field in the old blue and whites because of her disdain for anything LA.

nighttrain

Legend
Georgia was a terrible owner and it still irks me that I didn't get to see the GSOT take the field in the old blue and whites because of her disdain for anything LA.
agreed, and i hate all things by the bay, So i am really hoping Garapolo does OK the rest of the season and the Whiners sign him for big bucks and then he flops when film catches up with him
train

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
It wouldn't surprise me. They are amassing talent and Shanahan knows a thing or two about offense. They are also a prime candidate to draft Saquon Barkley and that guy is on Zeke's level, and he has the talent to be even better. Gurley, David Johnson, and Barkley, that would be an unreal trio of backs.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Jimmy G looks calm and composed...

Until he sees Aaron Donald coming through that line.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
agreed, and i hate all things by the bay, So i am really hoping Garapolo does OK the rest of the season and the Whiners sign him for big bucks and then he flops when film catches up with him
train

Its possible they franchise him to see if he's for real. He looks pretty good right now. The coach is pretty good with offense. But like I said before, I have faith that ownership will find a way to screw things up. :LOL:

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Before you anoint Garoppolo as the franchise savior in San Francisco, keep in mind that he is just now getting to the point that there is enough tape on him for DCs to start dissecting his game. A lot of QBs look good their first few games, then the NFL caliber DCs begin to figure them out. Let's see how he looks next season.

This is true, but that's what many pundits said about Kurt Warner when the Rams were 3-0 going into the game with the whiners. The rams destroyed them 42-20.

I think Jimmy G might be the real deal but his success came against teams that didn't have Aaron Donald terrorizing the whiner backfield.