Aqib Talib Now a Ram

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
And only reason Austin not cut is Snead still hopes to put together a trade, only reason
train
Hope Snead can get something for him , anything , even a 7th round pick in 2024 would be ok with me , just to be able to dump his salery

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Man - Les is putting in work.

Don’t think Wade Phillips doesn’t have a big freaking hand in all this. These are guys they have to be comfortable with.

Webster has a relationship there & Marcus Peters has a mentor which will help in his development. McVay is huge into having young players being mentored.

It will be interesting how things round out , but for now The Rams are building there core the way they think best fits.

The Rams getting rid of St.Louis stench. No disrespect. Just talking about that Fisher lossing culture.

Brock & Donald are a huge base from St.Louis days . So the beef on D is still in place. Both have great mind sets.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I understand Tavon is not awful but could you do a Brock osweiller type deal and send tavon and a sixth to Clevland for a future seventh just to shed the entire salary. And they could definitely use him in some way they don't exactly light it up and the change might do him good no pressure and have the cap space.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
No sugar footing around this off-season!

Some Rams fans might be skeptical of the Peterson/Talib personality disorders and short fuses but I'm all in on this High-risk, High-REWARD aggressive approach.

Thank you McVay, Wade & Snead for gambling on your beliefs that you can keep these wild stud cornerbacks in check. You are proving that you have a serious passion and desire to make a serious Superbowl Run in 2018:yess:

We are coming for your NFC Crown Philly!

Marcus Peters
0ap3000000846347.gif

Aqib Talib
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Who needs linebackers when you have our defensive line and now our secondary.

I'd cut Webster if it means NRC staying. In a heartbeat.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I seriously can't wait to see the dynamic between Talib and Peters. I think they are gonna feed off each other's energy. Talib will have a huge influence in the locker room and keep things in check alongside Wade. This is gonna be something else.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Who needs linebackers when you have our defensive line and now our secondary.

I'd cut Webster if it means NRC staying. In a heartbeat.

Hopefully that's not a bridge that needs to be crossed, nor do I think it will be.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
And Talib is someone that Peters looks up to! We are looking to have a nasty secondary.

Wade says, if you can cover, and we have Donald, good luck.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler

Might spell the end of K Web, since the Rams take a small cap hit and save 3 mil they could sign NRC with. Hill and Shields provide solid outside depth at CB. Peterson played really well when he got his opportunity and is a great value as the 6th corner. Unless K Web can come back healthy and play inside doesn't make a ton of sense to keep him at this point

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Might spell the end of K Web, since the Rams take a small cap hit and save 3 mil they could sign NRC with. Hill and Shields provide solid outside depth at CB. Peterson played really well when he got his opportunity and is a great value as the 6th corner. Unless K Web can come back healthy and play inside doesn't make a ton of sense to keep him at this point

The Wade connection, the play he displayed while healthy, the special teams play bonus, the locker room presence, the low price (3M isn't that terribly expensive for one more year)... I just don't see much reason to axe Webster. Unless this team is really hard up for 3M at some point.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Wade Phillips defensive philosophy is just great. He has certainly evolved to match the offensive game.

Elite secondary gives him the ability to be very multiple in the front 7. Couple that with Donald and Brockers.

Let the CB's play and it let's the front seven really focus more on the run game.

In your FACE secondary is what we are going to see!

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
The Wade connection, the play he displayed while healthy, the special teams play bonus, the locker room presence, the low price (3M isn't that terribly expensive for one more year)... I just don't see much reason to axe Webster. Unless this team is really hard up for 3M at some point.

3 mil is expensive for a a guy who will be the fourth CB at best if they bring back NRC. Especially when they have solid depth who can play special teams signed cheaply after the top three in Hill, Shields, and Peterson. That 3mil is about what NRC or John Sulivan will make. IMO makes more sense spending that on your starting nickel back or center instead of the 4th CB/special teamer.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Wow, tough week to be tasked with a special project at work taking up much of my time, but the Los Angeles Rams have also been burning the midnight oil. WTG and these aren't you father's Los Angeles Rams anymore.

Last edited: