Aqib Talib Now a Ram

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wade now has a formidable secondary even without NRC and Webster. I doubt we see any more backfield moves unless its to sign NRC.

Les now gets busy filling the LB spots and edge rusher. Maybe a NT, but I think they get one of those via the draft. Easy to stick a rookie between pro bowlers Donald and Brockers

Re sign Sullivan. I think that's a given.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

jimmy g was intercepted twice by the rams reserve dbs. how many ints are these guys gonna get, 10?

his coach will have him only handing off the ball after the first few.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

the rams db room.

giphy.gif

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Some comments on this trade by 49ers fans.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/186563-aqib-talib/page4/

Aqib Talib

I hope Dick Shermaphrodite goes there too
-----------
Wow. Only a 5th round pick
-----------
Secondary could be one of the best next season.
----------
Rams got 2 head cases in the secondary now. Hopefully the locker room takes a turn for the worst
------------
Could be top 5 or just implode on them next season. With as aggressive as Wade Philips is they should have a ton of defensive TD's
----------
Les Snead must think he's playing madden with the amount of trades he's made this off season.
-----------
They got these guys for nothing. That's the part that bothers me the most. Why not offer a 4th for Talib? I don't like the guy but he's good. Same with Peters.

These are top tier CBs they just got. It's definitely worrisome.
---------
Jimmy carved up Ramsey and Bouye, we're gonna be fine.
----------
Talib has that mean streak that I like in a DB. He's kind of a scary dude to go up against I'd imagine.
-----------
Dammit!
angry.gif
cursin.gif
wallbash.gif
our division just got even tougher.
------------
This is our competition now. We need to go through them to get the NFC West title. Shanny needs to start planning for our first game against them asap. A message must be sent early and if done well we can get into their heads and under their skins. One good poke to the ego after that and we will control the division. Psychological warfare time.
----------
Rams goin all in.
eek.gif

-----------
Some comments on this trade by Seahawks fans.
http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=145977

Aqib Talib traded to Rams

This is unreal. Niners and Rams pulling ahead further while we fall farther behind.
-----------
Yep. Very frustrating. It's kind of getting hard to get excited about the upcoming season.
-----------
Rams are moving fast. Was just a rumor he was leaving Denver that I saw earlier today, then - boom he’s a Ram.
------------
Amazing what you can do when you don’t have to pay starting QB money. If they hang onto TruJo, that will be a formidable secondary.
----------
If Arizona gets Foles we are probably last in the division the next few seasons.
----------
Even before the Peters acquisition, I felt that with all the injuries/retirements we were the 3rd best team in the west going into next season.

Peters and Talib could be the best CB combo in the league, that is if they both keep their emotions in check.
------------
Just heard they also just signed Sam Shields. So that's now Peters, Talib, and Shields all added in the past week. And if they can keep Johnson.....wow. They're loading up big time at CB.
-----------
https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/3/8...eles-rams-trade-aqib-talib-nfl-offseason-news

Los Angeles Rams trade for Aqib Talib

Dang
Ol’ Wade is havin’ him a time.
----------
And they signed Sam Shields?
Damn.
----------
Damn.
----------
Damn it, Rams
----------
Some comments on this trade by Cardinals fans.
http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?73456-Aquib-Talib-to-the-Rams

Aquib Talib to the Rams

SK needs to go sit in LA for a few weeks to see what an aggressive free agency looks and feels like.
------------
Weird everyone around us in the division seems to be getting better. It’s almost like they want to win or something.
-----------
Rams have talent skill players and are coming off a solid season last year. These changes will make them harder to beat and is a head scratcher to me why the Cards be sitting on their hands and wallets right now.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/rams-trade-for-aqib-talib.259771/

Rams trade for Aqib Talib

Rams are killing the offseason.
-----------
Rams defensive backfield got a whole lot better in the off season
-----------
A 5th? That's all? We couldn't have made this move?
-----------
Did Dan Snyder buy the Rams?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
That's what i thought too, but someone said he made his way back on to our roster after we cut him.
I'm not actually sure if he was still on the roster or not. I do know we shouldn't see him on the field again.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Let’s hope that the free agents to be that want to take a run at a ring recognize that LA is the hot hand. Yeah, you gotta take a bit less to play here, but we are your best shot at a ring.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Surely what they do with Webster will be based on his medical reports. He was good when healthy - can they count on him being healthy in 2018?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
TIL 21-30 for 242 yards 2 TD 1 INT is carving up a secondary. This is the same guy that was picked off twice playing vs our backups.

that's not bad against the jags d. but they could have been having an off day. they had a few last season.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Fucking love this team!!! Came home from the gym with this news pasted on the tube, instant boner :effemine::effemine:lol.. I’m so proud to be a Rams fan. Can we just sign Les, McVay, and co to 100 yr deals already?!!!

Also, any chance we restructure his deal? And what do we do about NRC? He was a stud in nickel..

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yes, but all that cap space will disappear quickly. When they cut Tavon and if they cut Barron they will have 46 mil in cap space. 39 mil if they keep Barron, which cant be ruled out at this point considering how thin they are at LB. It will take at least a 14 mil raise to make Donald the highest paid defensive player in the league and the Rams need another 6 mil to sign draft picks. That takes the 46 mil available down to 26 mil. NRC and Sullivan will cost around 3 mil each bringing the total down to 20 mil. Retaining Sammy is now priority number 1 and that will cost 9-14 mil a year. Retaining Sammy at the higher end only leaves 6 mil to spend when the Rams still need 4 starting LBs, a NT, OL depth everywhere, and some money for a rainy day.

My point is that 3 mil the Rams could spend on a 4th CB goes a long way. Troy Hill cost a 1/3 of that price, IMO outplayed Webster, and is a good special teamer. You would be hard-pressed to find a better pair of 5th and 6th CBs in shields and Peterson. Why spend 3 mil on CB coming off an Achilles who probably starts the year on PUP and if everyone is healthy when he gets back he is battling for the 4th or 5th CB spot with guys who are cheaper and younger.

Sully's not gonna cost $3M and neither is NRC coming off of an injury.

Once Tavon is off the books, we're looking at $39M? Seems like it should be higher, but let's look at it.

AD will likely go for $20M against the cap... too low this year means a massive balloon next year and we now have Marcus Peters that we'll want to retain to add to the mix of Gurley and then Goff.

Sammy will either hit the cap for less than $12M or he's gone because we don't use our #1 in a way where that valuation makes sense.

So, that's $7M. At the outside. And that presumes they don't put off the big cap hit for AD to next year. At the lowest, AD could count as little as $15M against the cap if they wanted to structure it that way.

I think it's possible that we have some guys who are going to be asked to step up, especially at LB, so I don't think we're gonna go crazy with FA in that way.

I think there's a real chance that we go after Bowman to play ILB next to Barron.

We could bring in Bowman, resign Barwin and then find a guy in the draft who's name starts with B and we'd have Draftee B, Bowman, Barron and Barwin (announcers would be besides themselves calling plays...LOL)

Anyway, things are rounding out so nicely that I don't see us needing massive fundage.

Then again, we may go young and go after Avery Williamson... or Todd Davis from Denver.

Basically, the way they've made all these moves, the money just fits.

And so will that Super Bowl ring the way they're working...