Aqib Talib Now a Ram

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Fiji Fan

UDFA
Name
Fiji Fan
A7B23BEF-DBD2-413C-8A55-B77992769DA2.jpeg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Les Snead is just helping Kroenke out with the FCC. Reducing air traffic around the new stadium :D

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
If I didn’t know any better, I’d be guessing the Rams draft selections on defense are going to be heavy in the front 7

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
3 mil is expensive for a a guy who will be the fourth CB at best if they bring back NRC. Especially when they have solid depth who can play special teams signed cheaply after the top three in Hill, Shields, and Peterson. That 3mil is about what NRC or John Sulivan will make. IMO makes more sense spending that on your starting nickel back or center instead of the 4th CB/special teamer.

The Rams have a good amount of space. We'll see what NRC and Sulivan make and if Watkins can be brought back in, plus any outside guys like an Avery Williamson. As of right now though, it's hard to turn down a 1 year 3M commitment on a guy who played pretty well as a NO.2 corner last year when healthy. Obviously some question marks with him this year, but to have a player of that potential quality making your secondary that much deeper for just 3M? I would want to hold on to that.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I would bet this is also about making sure they handle Jimmy G and the Niners. Going to need a good secondary as they get better.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
All your best cb's are belong to Rams.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring......and next week....?

Two pass rushing terrors at the olb spots?

A ferocious enforcer at ilb?

A monstrous man mountain at nt?

God what a refreshing change this staff has been.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
The Rams have a good amount of space. We'll see what NRC and Sulivan make and if Watkins can be brought back in, plus any outside guys like an Avery Williamson. As of right now though, it's hard to turn down a 1 year 3M commitment on a guy who played pretty well as a NO.2 corner last year when healthy. Obviously, some question marks with him this year, but to have a player of that potential quality making your secondary that much deeper for just 3M? I would want to hold on to that.

Yes, but all that cap space will disappear quickly. When they cut Tavon and if they cut Barron they will have 46 mil in cap space. 39 mil if they keep Barron, which cant be ruled out at this point considering how thin they are at LB. It will take at least a 14 mil raise to make Donald the highest paid defensive player in the league and the Rams need another 6 mil to sign draft picks. That takes the 46 mil available down to 26 mil. NRC and Sullivan will cost around 3 mil each bringing the total down to 20 mil. Retaining Sammy is now priority number 1 and that will cost 9-14 mil a year. Retaining Sammy at the higher end only leaves 6 mil to spend when the Rams still need 4 starting LBs, a NT, OL depth everywhere, and some money for a rainy day.

My point is that 3 mil the Rams could spend on a 4th CB goes a long way. Troy Hill cost a 1/3 of that price, IMO outplayed Webster, and is a good special teamer. You would be hard-pressed to find a better pair of 5th and 6th CBs in shields and Peterson. Why spend 3 mil on CB coming off an Achilles who probably starts the year on PUP and if everyone is healthy when he gets back he is battling for the 4th or 5th CB spot with guys who are cheaper and younger.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
WOW! I sure would like to hear we signed SW, Sullivan, and NRC soon. Then, we could go get a man-eating NT in FA before the draft. Draft would be all about LBs and DEs to play and OL for depth.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Yes, but all that cap space will disappear quickly. When they cut Tavon and if they cut Barron they will have 46 mil in cap space. 39 mil if they keep Barron, which cant be ruled out at this point considering how thin they are at LB. It will take at least a 14 mil raise to make Donald the highest paid defensive player in the league and the Rams need another 6 mil to sign draft picks. That takes the 46 mil available down to 26 mil. NRC and Sullivan will cost around 3 mil each bringing the total down to 20 mil. Retaining Sammy is now priority number 1 and that will cost 9-14 mil a year. Retaining Sammy at the higher end only leaves 6 mil to spend when the Rams still need 4 starting LBs, a NT, OL depth everywhere, and some money for a rainy day.

My point is that 3 mil the Rams could spend on a 4th CB goes a long way. Troy Hill cost a 1/3 of that price, IMO outplayed Webster, and is a good special teamer. You would be hard-pressed to find a better pair of 5th and 6th CBs in shields and Peterson. Why spend 3 mil on CB coming off an Achilles who probably starts the year on PUP and if everyone is healthy when he gets back he is battling for the 4th or 5th CB spot with guys who are cheaper and younger.

I want to have my cake and eat it too.

I understand where you're coming from though.

I just think it will be low priority on cost cutting measures (probably with Tavon at the top of the list).