Aqib Talib Now a Ram

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Where are we with the cap now?!? Where will we be with cutting Austin?? How about Barron??

About $30ml available in 2018 following Talib trade. Barron & Austin would free up another $10mil.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
D
I'm excited about getting Talib. Still a pro bowl player that teams stayed away from even at 32. He comes with a contract of 11 Mil and 8 Mil for two years. That is almost the amount TruJo gets for one year. I say he is a better fit as a physical press in your face CB than TruJo. The dude is super competitive. He can make up a little speed lose with technique. He isn't the 27 year old version but, he still has some juice in the tank.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/3/8/1...alib-pro-bowl-cornerback-2018-nfl-free-agency

Part of an article.............
He’d make his first Pro Bowl the following season, then depart in free agency to sign a six-year, $57 million deal with the Broncos. He’d been just as good in Denver, earning Pro Bowl honors each year with the team, returning six interceptions for touchdowns, and making five tackles in his team’s 24-10 Super Bowl 50 victory over the Panthers. Despite a down year in interceptions and tackle, Talib was rarely targeted by opposing quarterbacks last season. When he was, he was still quite efficient in coverage.
Doesn’t need to be the 27 year old version of himself. He has Peters on the other side to cover anyone truly fast.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I think Barron stays we need a nt at least two free agent LB ideally a run stopping backer and a real good rusher then try our luck in the draft with them picks to hit on a player to or three lol that NT could come via the draft. Let's not forget Watkins!!!! Offensive line needs to be addressed as well Sullivan depth etc do we have the money to do all this??? Donald may not get his extension this year and play through with a promise he will get his and technically he can be franchised after rookie deal in 2 years obviously do not want it to get to that point.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I think I hit the wrong button. Actually, I'll join you in the minority on this one.

I know Talib has had a pretty good career, but I think his best ball might be behind him and too dirty/mouthy for my taste. Those kinda guys tend to get dirtier as their skills decline.

I hope I'm wrong because he's gonna be wearing a Ram uni now, but he wasn't my first choice to take over the #2 CB.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I need translation again, I still don't speak ghetto. I'm waiting for Babel to come out with online classes.

Eh. Revis just stopped giving a freak.

He got too many up front dollars too many times and got complacent so I agree with you he stopped giving a fuck.

Dude would sign a deal and complain about it before the first year was up.

:flanders: "Aqib, can you tell us why you chose the Rams over the Patriots?"

He was traded, he didn't choose. And he already has won a SB.

Where will we be with cutting Austin??

I'm guessing he won't be cut. I think they are going to leave the #1 O in the NFL intact and that's why we see all the efforts on the defense.

The draft isn't even here yet.

Snead is really fearless.

If I was an NFL GM and I got told "Les Snead is on line 1 for you" I'd leave the building.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
We got him for a 5th round pick !!

We have 2 fours , let's get some more pro bowlers !

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm guessing he won't be cut. I think they are going to leave the #1 O in the NFL intact and that's why we see all the efforts on the defense.

I suspect he will be cut - unless the Rams are convinced his problems last season were all or mostly the wrist injury. If he just wasn't healthy, they might bring him back. Otherwise, $3 million will buy help.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Holy fuckballs ! Im freaking loving this front office/coaching crew we have.

I don't know, I kinda miss Fisher's way of handling the off season.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Webster will be cut more than likely that money can be put into the NRC pot. What do you guys think Is a fair deal for NRC? If you do ditch Austin that's about 6 million right there.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I need translation again, I still don't speak ghetto. I'm waiting for Babel to come out with online classes.

Sigh. Yessir. Let's go. Leeeeeeb (obviously, a nickname since Talib [pronounced Tuh-leeb] and Webster were teammates in Denver).

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Webster will be cut more than likely that money can be put into the NRC pot. What do you guys think Is a fair deal for NRC? If you do ditch Austin that's about 6 million right there.

I want NRC back, but I have a feeling that they're letting him go.

nighttrain

Legend
Keeping Austin cost Rams 8 mil, cutting saves 3 mil, he's not worth either to the Rams

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Am I right in thinking that by trading for peters and talib and then losing tru and NRC to free agency - we should be looking at getting compensatory picks, upgrading the positions, and saving cap money in the secondary?

nighttrain

Legend
Am I right in thinking that by trading for peters and talib and then losing tru and NRC to free agency - we should be looking at getting compensatory picks, upgrading the positions, and saving cap money in the secondary?
two outa three aint bad
train

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You are correct. Although, I am sad that NRC is going.