All Saints Crap Here!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellard80

Legend
Most fans think the refs screwed their team when they lose. But it seems the Saints fans have taken it to a whole other level. Nevermind their coach screwed the pooch and he knew it. He deflected his mistakes and put it on the refs. Fans bought it hook, line and sinker. Its not his fault to them. Even though they woulda greatly increased their chances of winning by just running the ball and the clock.

I kept hearing the team that made the most mistakes would lose. He made the biggest one of all. And his fans don't think he should have any blame for it.

Right.. if he would have ran the ball and made us burn our time outs.. I think we could have gotten the ball back with like maybe 40 secs and no timeouts?

jjab360

Legend
Oh it is still burning hot. I cannot comprehend the mental state of these NOLA people and their Saints. It's a hyper-crazy victim mentality, conspiracy theory, everyone is corrupt and out to get us mindset. I am embarrassed for them.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/25/bill-cassidy-nfl-saints-1126542
Last quote about the two best teams not making it makes me laugh. There were 139 plays from scrimmage in this game. The better team found a way to make the other 138 count. Cry me a fucking river.

JYB

Starter
It looked more like he jumped over the players getting up from the pile and landed on the upper back/neck of Reynolds well after the play was over. As I said the saints players were getting up from the pile when the dickwad jumped over them to land on Reynolds, he should have been ejected. But the refs being consistent with their calls/non calls did not throw a flag.

And that same thug unquestionably and deliberately tried to stomp on Goff's arm.

jjab360

Legend
This has seriously gone on too long, though. There were so many competitive factors that were in the Saints favor and they still found a way to lose. Crowd noise, whistles, missed calls on the Saints, winning the coin flip, etc. They got outplayed. Game over. Enjoy watching the Super bowl.

Hope Michael Thomas has a comfortable couch he can watch the game from where he can tweet about rules he clearly hasn't read and doesn't understand. Maybe the cushions are where he keeps his spare flip phones when he isn't hiding them under the goalposts. I imagine he hid some more last Sunday, but we'll never know now, will we? #canguardmike

Liberator

Pro Bowler
More from Wade Phillips on the non-call: "If a (penalty) is called, we usually get mad if it’s against us. We thought they were holding Aaron Donald, but if you don’t call it, you go to the next play. That’s the way the game has been played for a long time."

EastRam

Pro Bowler
More from Wade Phillips on the non-call: "If a (penalty) is called, we usually get mad if it’s against us. We thought they were holding Aaron Donald, but if you don’t call it, you go to the next play. That’s the way the game has been played for a long time."

And that's exactly what the Commish should have said right after the game.

Chicken shit

JYB

Starter
Wasn't there also a horse collar on Goff? that could have REALLY screwed us, if you want to talk about "egregious"

I believe the rules state that you can't have a horse collar in the pocket.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I believe the rules state that you can't have a horse collar in the pocket.

I don't understand the logic behind this rule, could someone please explain it to me? It seems to me that if you bring a player down by grabbing the back of his shoulder pads it should be a penalty regardless if he is in the pocket or not. This rule does not make sense to me!

JYB

Starter
The more I watch the replay, the more evident it becomes that the ball was uncatchable. Which would negate a PI call, and the helmet to helmet is just sour grapes, NRC never lowered his head to deliver a blow with the crown of his helmet. Their helmets made incidental contact after NRC hit the WR shoulder to shoulder.

That pass was definitely catchable -- more catchable for NRC,if he'd have just turned his head -- but definitely catchable for the Saint WR. The helmet to helmet was more questionable, because he didn't lead with the head and was just trying to break up a pass. Seemed pretty incidental to me. And also seems clear the league's fine on NRC is their throwing a bone to NO.

JYB

Starter
I don't understand the logic behind this rule, could someone please explain it to me? It seems to me that if you bring a player down by grabbing the back of his shoulder pads it should be a penalty regardless if he is in the pocket or not. This rule does not make sense to me!

Only guessing, but I suspect it's because if the QB is in the pocket, he is in all likelihood stationary, and bringing him down by the collar would not cause a serious knee injury. The players who get injured are the ones who are brought down from behind running with a head of steam.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I met my pal after work tonight as he had bought me a programme from the game (pic below). I thought it was quite nice of him but alas he couldn't help himself and added some inserts though (pics also below).He's still crying like a baby over it. I told him I might frame them and put them on my walls. He was staying at this blokes he knows whilst over there. He had to arrange to meet him after the game as they weren't seated together. The bloke in a fit of frustration threw his mobile fan at the refs, so he couldn't contact him. So it seems Saints fans weren't saying much at all! image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
That pass was definitely catchable -- more catchable for NRC,if he'd have just turned his head -- but definitely catchable for the Saint WR. The helmet to helmet was more questionable, because he didn't lead with the head and was just trying to break up a pass. Seemed pretty incidental to me. And also seems clear the league's fine on NRC is their throwing a bone to NO.

He hit him in the facemask with his helmet and that's why the fine.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I went ahead and tried to register at saintsreport.com. Those sorry losers say they want to hear from Rams fans, but wont let us register so we can share our thoughts on the game. They didnt even email me to let me know my account was denied.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I think the Saints will forever isolate how they think about this game. It will never be about what happen before or after the non call.

I can see this story transforming as time goes on.....eventually the story will be told as: "On the last play of the game with the Saints ready to score the winning TD! The Rams defensive back came off the bench and speared the wide open Saints receiver....breaking his neck and killing both of his children! The Refs turned away from the play and ignored everything....allowing the Rams to win! After the game, a cell phone camera caught Goodell, McVay and three Refs dressed in Todd Gurley game jerseys passing envelopes of cash!

Status
Not open for further replies.