Akers OUT for personal reasons

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m hoping for a big resurgence from him. Whatever helps the Rams get better.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
"I never asked to not be part of the team. I never asked to not play".

Was his first comment about it not being in his best interests to play with the team just frustration at that time? Because it sure sounded like he didn't want to play for them a few weeks ago.

My guess is he thought he would be traded at the time. When it didn't happen it became in his best interests to play with the team. I hope he learns from this. If you want a career in this profession opportunities become more limited if you're viewed as a malcontent. Especially when you play poorly.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Why does everybody say he was a malcontent? Did I miss something?

I haven't read anything which sheds light on what happened.

You missed the assumptions that it's all on him and he's a bad seed. Nobody knows what went on.

Ellard80

Legend
"I never asked to not be part of the team. I never asked to not play".

Was his first comment about it not being in his best interests to play with the team just frustration at that time? Because it sure sounded like he didn't want to play for them a few weeks ago.

My guess is he thought he would be traded at the time. When it didn't happen it became in his best interests to play with the team. I hope he learns from this. If you want a career in this profession opportunities become more limited if you're viewed as a malcontent. Especially when you play poorly.
Yeah he says a lot of contradicting things in his interview. I don't really care - we need people who can play at this point.

But he acts like he had no idea why he wasn't playing or what the issue was - which is obvious bullshit.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think we all forget sometimes how hard it can be for pro athletes to deal with the media. Imagine if you just had an argument with your spouse or a family member, and all of a sudden 10 reporters showed up at your doorstep asking all sorts of intrusive questions that you really didn't want to answer....?
Give me a multi million dollar contract and I'll be glad to answer their questions. "She's just being a bitch again. Nothing to see here".

jap

Legend
The only way for Cam to shut everyone up is to roll over the Bucs for 100+, 150+, or even 200+ yards of offense. Matthew can really use an effective running game to open up long passes to Van and Tutu and to further establish the gradually growing rapport with Allen Robinson II. Besides, we have a three game streak of eroding Tommy-Boy's so-call 'GOAT' legacy by beating his Bucs, and we don't want that streak disturbed.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
If Akers does come back, he has a lot to prove. Not that it matters, but he's gonna be in my personal doghouse for a while until he shows that his head has firmly been unfucked.

Last edited:

dang

Legend
CMC would have been fun until he got hurt at the wrong time. I wouldn’t put that much into aRB but I recognize CMC is also an effective receiver. I wasn’t looking for Rams to go for Hint until they could get him as a cheap rental so probably for the best we didn’t overpay for him. Let’s see what Slers/Williams can do rest of year. I believe Hendo is a gonef after this year so they may need one more next year.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I have no confidence in Akers whatsoever. Not that I have much confidence in Rivers or Brown, but at least I know their heart is in the right place. My fear if Akers plays, he fumbles in Tampa again. Really wish, they traded him.

Ellard80

Legend
I have no confidence in Akers whatsoever. Not that I have much confidence in Rivers or Brown, but at least I know their heart is in the right place. My fear if Akers plays, he fumbles in Tampa again. Really wish, they traded him.
he almost single handedly lost the Tampa Bay playoff game.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
...and I be making an uneducated guess here - but I suspect fumbling the rock, is a result of the lack of concentration and attentiveness to the game.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Just hit the proper holes and stop fumbling - start with that and I’m good.
This right here. Last year Michel led the offense back behind some big games on the ground. We need ground game production not excuses. Hitting the hole hard not fumbles. Give the team a couple hundred yard games and things should look much better.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wasn’t it reported that he was not happy with the teams direction with the run game? I’m sure Jourdan said that on her podcast.

Would you be happy if you're getting hit 3 yards in the backfield every time you touch the ball?

He missed one gaping hole and suddenly the story is he can't see the field.

Crazy.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Give me a break. He's got 4 career fumbles. Meanwhile you've got a QB with 8 ints and 4 fumbles in 8 games.