Akers OUT for personal reasons

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'm still wondering why we, unlike most other teams in the NFL, refuse to run sweeps or anything at all to the outside. Its always run up the gut or inside tackle. Quite clearly to anyone with eyes, the interior of our line is not good. When we beat the Panthers, we did it with end arounds and a schemed up run game. Against whiners it was up the gut on 1st down every time. Not one jet sweep and I don't recall any outside attempts. It just baffles me honestly.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Anything Foolio says you have to take with a grain of salt. He's saying no one wanted to trade for Akers. This time it might be believable. Think about it. Ten games since coming back from the injury. He's averaging what? Two and a half yards per carry? And now he could be viewed as a malcontent? The only thing I'd question is him saying the Rams were desperate to trade him. They made it clear they'd like to trade him but I doubt they were desperate.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
He's a Rams hater and always has been. Sad thing though is he is probably right about the Rams trying to move Akers.

If Akers does come back to finish the second half of 2022, once Shelton returns, the OL prospects should improve somewhat and Akers might still end up as a potential late round trade target for next year. jmo.

Last edited:

Rams4life

Rookie
Name
Bud
If Akers does come back to finish the second half of 2022, once Shelton returns, the OL prospects should improve somewhat and Akers might still end up as a potential row round trade target for next year. jmo.
Yeah I'm with you there. Except I don't want to see him on the field for my team anymore. We get Akers and the 9ers got McCaffrey. It still burns me we lost out on him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If they're going to keep Akers around then hand him the ball. If not then cut him. At this point I don't really care which way they go, because I don't like players making it about themselves. Hopefully McVay will stick around this offseason and if so then I imagine he addresses both the OL and the backfield.

Once again I'll just say that there's two types of backs in the NFL. The ones who can carry the load and everyone else. And the ones who carry the load are the type who are wired to keep hammering that ball in there and who have the ability to get rolling as the defense weakens. There is only one of those types on this roster and he's the one who we don't know if he's the same guy post-surgery nor if he has mentally quit on the team.

So at this point I could give a fuck if McVay throws the ball 100 times a game. Whatever. Do it. Just win and I'll hope Stafford survives.

brucebruce

Rookie
I don't follow you. You mean snaps where he runs into multiple 300+ pound athletes and being tackled and twisted, is safer than blocking a guy?
100% yes. rb goes with the flow and many times gets to choose their own contact and deal with a large percentage of DBs. pass pro you are a wall getting trucked. Why do you hear, "made a business decision"?

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
If Akers does come back to finish the second half of 2022, once Shelton returns, the OL prospects should improve somewhat and Akers might still end up as a potential late round trade target for next year. jmo.
And when will Shelton return?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
0 No fan of Florio, but I dont doubt that he's correct.
Jeff Wilson only brought San Fran back a 5th rounder and he is dirt cheap, and significantly more productive than Akers.
Jets only gave up a 6th (possibly 5th) for James Robinson
So I cant see much value for a player deemed to be cut, coming off missing a full season due to injury, having fumble issues, terrible production and costing 1.5 mill (non guaranteed) in 2023
Throw in the perception of a "problem" and you are not looking at much

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Get your head back in the game, young man. Start grinding again. You're a talented kid and can still be a success in this league.