Aaron Rodgers to Jets - Trade Complete

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
They got wicked fleeced. Basically plays in 11 games and its a 1st rounder.
They had all the leverage and the blew it
They weren't gonna get him for a 2nd rounder. He's a prick and he may retire at any moment but he's Aaron Rodgers.

muggmeister

Rookie
NFC:
Tom Brady gone - Check
Russell Wilson gone - Check
Cards falling apart - Check
Eagles falling apart - Check
Niners falling apart- Check
Rodgers gone - almost there

Any real competition left in the NFC?

View: https://media2.giphy.com/media/z2UMlACEJBF8dx58Y4/giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47xhkixiurgdx6nwdhlwq91kz4ugln8s10y5i8zsbo&rid=giphy.webp&ct=g

Although I HATE the Niners, and the Eagles to a lesser extent, how exactly are they falling apart? Eagles are still loaded and HAVE 2 1st round picks and the FortyWhiners added Hargrave to their d-line, what the fuck is falling apart? Seahwks have improved post-Wilson and have a an early 1st rounder, even the goddamn Cowboys got better in the off-season. The REAL falling apart have been the stupid ass contract extensions the Rams CONSTANTLY give to their own players to reward them for past play. I love some Aaron Donald but no defensive lineman should command $30+M a year, he only can play one position at a time. We will be bottom feeders this year and there's zero doubt in my mind that they are playing, I mean tanking for Caleb Williams next year, although I hope I'm wrong. As of right now, everybody is competition for the Rams next year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They weren't gonna get him for a 2nd rounder. He's a prick and he may retire at any moment but he's Aaron Rodgers.
He’s a broken down Aaron Rodgers who makes 50 mill and the team doesn’t want him back.
Jets are gonna Jet.
Should have held their ground, Green Bay was fucked if the Jets backed out

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He’s a broken down Aaron Rodgers who makes 50 mill and the team doesn’t want him back.
Jets are gonna Jet.
Should have held their ground, Green Bay was fucked if the Jets backed out

The Jets only had Zach Wilson and more garbage on their roster. They were fucked if they didn't get the douche.

Plus they need the douche in the building.

TexasRam

Legend
Although I HATE the Niners, and the Eagles to a lesser extent, how exactly are they falling apart? Eagles are still loaded and HAVE 2 1st round picks and the FortyWhiners added Hargrave to their d-line, what the fuck is falling apart? Seahwks have improved post-Wilson and have a an early 1st rounder, even the goddamn Cowboys got better in the off-season. The REAL falling apart have been the stupid ass contract extensions the Rams CONSTANTLY give to their own players to reward them for past play. I love some Aaron Donald but no defensive lineman should command $30+M a year, he only can play one position at a time. We will be bottom feeders this year and there's zero doubt in my mind that they are playing, I mean tanking for Caleb Williams next year, although I hope I'm wrong. As of right now, everybody is competition for the Rams next year.
You are quoting me from 6 weeks ago. Since that time the Niners and Philly have both regrouped and are front runners.

Niners at the time were lost their Jimmys (Ward and Gpole) (Purdy hurt) along with their starting DE, CB and two starting lineman and Robbie Gold. Then they signed Hargrove and stopped the bleeding by quietly keeping everyone else.

The Eagles were losing Starters Hargrove, Miles Sanders, DB's Gardner-Johnson, Epps and LBs T.J. Edwards, and White. Talk was possibly losing Kelce and Slay as well along with Bradberry, but they found a way to keep all of them. Meanwhile Bradberry (30 for a CB), Cox(32) and Graham (35) are getting long in the tooth. Some early draft picks have them poised to be at the top again. Though the Jalen contract will deplete their future roster.

You are preaching to the choir about the Rams 2023 problems. I agree. But no, we are not tanking for a player. It's paying the Piper for huge contracts that were not sustainable.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
One thing nobody’s talking about is Jordan Love.

Has anyone seen much of him?

The Packers go from Favre to Rodgers… thats 1992 to present day… 30yrs of elite QB play. Most of their fans hardly know any different.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
More competition too. The 49ers were in the hunt for Stafford, but weren't working on Saturday nights.
Also, unlike Rodgers, Stafford didn’t recently emerge from a cave to announce to the NFL that he’ll grace everyone with his presence for one more year.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The Packers go from Favre to Rodgers… thats 1992 to present day… 30yrs of elite QB play. Most of their fans hardly know any different.

I'm pretty sure they went 6 and 10 in Rodger's first season as the starter.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

True. My point was more Packers fans don’t know what a QB controversy is… For 30yrs they’ve had their guy.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
True. My point was more Packers fans don’t know what a QB controversy is… For 30yrs they’ve had their guy.

I don't think they let rodgers go unless they know Jordan is ready. I mean the time to trade him was last off season. They would have gotten a king's ransom for him.

jjab360

Legend
It's kind of a similar transition as Favre to Rodgers though, Rodgers sat for a few years before he got his shot and then nobody really knew what Rodgers was until after Favre was gone.

Iirc people were asking roughly the same questions about Rodgers that offseason that they'll be asking about Love now.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
At this point it doesn't matter who will be falling apart. It sure looks like we already got there. Its too bad this is a throw away year for us. Aside from the Eagles and 49ers the NFC would be there for the taking. But we are not one of those contenders now. We'll have to see how things shake up in 2024.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
2023 2nd
2023 6th
2024 1st if he plays 65% of the plays.

The 2024 pick becomes a 2nd if he misses playing time.
And they swap 2 slots in the 1st round this year, which could be pretty big also and also probably worth 3rd-4th round pick in comp. Honestly, I think they paid too much for a guy that age who is not even assured of playing more then 1 more year. He has a injury history too and age sure as hell doesn't help that improve.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yeah they're in for a serious reality check.

Everyone talking mad shit about the Rams tanking but they have a QB and if the OL protects him they may be better off than Green Bay. Nothing against Love but if he's gonna have a good season they'd better have excellent protections otherwise you're talking big dropoff.

Ironically it may be Green Bay that "tanks" this year and ends up with the high pick.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's kind of a similar transition as Favre to Rodgers though, Rodgers sat for a few years before he got his shot and then nobody really knew what Rodgers was until after Favre was gone.

Iirc people were asking roughly the same questions about Rodgers that offseason that they'll be asking about Love now.
Love is not Rodgers though. His tenure as starting QB in Green Bay is likely to be rather quick.

It's going to irritate me if they tank and end up getting a high pick in that draft next year. They may have too good a roster for that but the dropoff at QB is gonna be significant so I think they're with us in that group of teams that may disintegrate.

oldnotdead

Legend
As expected right now Detroit is the class of their division. The Vikes are good but Goff is better than Cousins. The strength of the Vikings is their defense. If the Lions maintain their trajectory, they should be a playoff contender this year. That would be one hell of a franchise turnaround. It shows the importance of a GM that knows what he's doing.

The Rams have Snead who taught Holmes how to be a GM. I have a lot of faith in Snead to keep this franchise on track, including this year. Last year was an aberration, the perfect storm that would have doomed any team. People underestimated the Rams talent in 2021 and they are doing it again. Snead isn't done with his remodel yet. There is the draft and even a possible late FA signing after the June 1 transaction designations are made. This draft will keep this team a competitive playoff contender and set the foundation for another sustained Super Bowl contending team.

In other words, I have faith in this FO. They knew this was coming and they have planned for it. Let's wait and see what that plan is before we pass judgment.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Wasnt because of Rodgers though. He was a stud, over 4,200 total yards 32 combined TD with only 13 INT.
I think if Jordan Love had any ability to play at legit level, they would have dumped Rodgers last year.
Alas, the Jets are gonna Jet, they are the east coast Cleveland Browns.
I can predict what will happen, they play good enough early so that Rodgers gets his 65%, but the team will be terrible in 2nd half and not make playoffs. Saleh will be fired, Rodgers will retire, Jets will have a huge dead cap hit, no 1st round pick and will be looking for a new coach