Aaron Donald’s contract situation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

…..

Legend
My God how many times can we split hairs people. Every page literally repeats itself over and over

There are other things to do if you'really bored with the topic. I'm pretty sure I haven't read all 60 pages. I just drop in now and then.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Random speculation on AD tweeting the hourglass emoji:

I see it as a good thing.

It could be :

hurry up
I’m getting impatient
We’re getting close
Wrap this up, fellas

Frankly, don’t quite understand how it could have a negative connotation? An emoji of him chilling at the beach without feeling any sense of urgency...that would be bad.

AD is feeling the pressure of losing time, and that has to be a good thing, IMHO
It could mean:

1.You're running out of time before I decide I'm not playing for you ever

2.Time is getting short until the season starts, and I'm not playing without a new contract

3.Times up. I'm holding out 10 games even with a new contract, just out of spite

If you can't find the negative in any statement, you're just not being creative enough. Of those three options, I assumed it was number 2. Number 3 sounds like the kind of shit I would do because I'm a jerk who hold grudges and likes to get a point across. Number 1 is probably last likely.

I don't think it was a good sign at all. If things were going well, I assume he would either stay quiet or he would say something positive. Random hourglass emojis are a subtle message. No one sends a positive message subtly.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It could also simply be a message to all involved to just get it done as time is ticking away until the season starts.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It could also simply be a message to all involved to just get it done as time is ticking away until the season starts.

Isn't he one of the ones involved? Sort of the central person, in fact.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Isn't he one of the ones involved? Sort of the central person, in fact.
Not sure. You hear these players a lot of times say things like, “that’s why I have an agent.” Kind of indicating that’s their job - I’m here to play football. Of course he’s not so....

Just saying it pretty much has as much merit as any of the other guesses. He may very well be getting tired of the negotiating game and wants it to end so he can be with his team mates.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
It could mean:

1.You're running out of time before I decide I'm not playing for you ever

2.Time is getting short until the season starts, and I'm not playing without a new contract

3.Times up. I'm holding out 10 games even with a new contract, just out of spite

If you can't find the negative in any statement, you're just not being creative enough.

Respectfully disagree on all counts.
1. Sounds like AD loves the Rams and McVay and isn’t eager to burn bridges.

2. Yeah, bull. The dude’s got no leverage. Rams would call his bluff and he knows it.

3. “I’m going to forfeit millions of dollars out of spite?” Um.... no.

Finding the negative in any statement? How about “Thanks for saving my life?” Where’s the hidden negative connotation in that sentence?

Yeah, the hourglass is cryptic. But I suspect AD is soon going to realize his bluff is about to get called... Rams FO is too smart and has too much leverage. AD really doesn’t have much room to maneuver, and this bullshit bluff will soon be over.

Last edited:

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Another possible meaning of the hourglass...

7ce0f2258293ef3c81a0978ff3a3dfd4e109f2852b924144d893e5706a3198e1.jpg

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
This thread will almost surely break the 100 page barrier if things get ugly. I'm assuming that hasn't been done before. Is there a record for these things? :whistle:

Didn’t the Aaron Donald contract thread break 100 pages last year?

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Didn’t the Aaron Donald contract thread break 100 pages last year?

I have no idea. But then again I can't recall what I had for breakfast. Think it was pretty good too, or was it?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
:deadhorse: :blah::blah::blah: :sleep::sleepz::sleep::baghead:

Three more days (Aug 7), before we'll know something concrete and this thread can take off for another 1,000 posts

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Here's my on the AD contract situation. Hell, I'll even throw in a couple bucks to help get him signed.

dang

Legend
I propose a protest fasting until Donald signs or until August 8th - whichever comes first. No more posts on this thread until one or the other occurs. If August 7th ends without a signing we are in a whole different situation.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
:party:

DONALD SIGNS!!!

:stop:
:hellno:
:gtfo:
:doh:
Nope, just ROD signs.:wtf:

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I propose a protest fasting until Donald signs or until August 8th - whichever comes first. No more posts on this thread until one or the other occurs. If August 7th ends without a signing we are in a whole different situation.

I'm already on day 3. Water fast, no juice. Was going to start eating tomorrow but Ill go until Wednesday. You hear that AD? No Monday pot roast for me you sick bastard! I hope you're happy eating ribs or whatever this weekend but remember, my slender 235 pound frame is withering away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.