Aaron Donald’s contract situation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Because Easley and AD play the same positions.

And yes I do think AD will be back, but not in time for the fisrt game.
I’m not ready to connect the dots on this. Still going to hold out hope we get it done in time for regular season play.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
1I82rDk.png

martin_sheen_in_apocalypse_now
martin_sheen_in_apocalypse_now
giphy.gif

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Lol what does Easley being activated have to do with Donald? Or are you just trolling?

With Suh at the 1 tech for the most part, activating Easley lets us know that we can have a solid vet opposite Brockers at the 3 tech next to Suh.

I think the plan was to have Easley be a DL backup as well as as an end when they go to 4 man fronts

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
AD's going to miss a game or more of regular season. Rams are preparing for that by getting Easley ready.

Source? :)

Rams would remove Easley from PUP because he's healthy to play-- not for anything related to the AD situation. Doesn't make sense to activate Easley before he's ready.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame

View: https://twitter.com/mylesasimmons/status/1031677983302463488?s=21

Sounds like some fans are getting impatient about this Donald extension.

Yeah, Myles... what are YOU doing about the AD contract, ffs!?! How about getting drunk and busting down AD’s door and screaming “sign the damn contract!” Or holding somebody hostage in protest?

We here at ROD extended one of our threads past 99 pages—just to put the pressure on! And now AD is even CLOSER to signing!

Now it’s YOUR turn, Myles. Think outside the box, you CAN make a difference!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don't need a "source" My "source is AD's actions last year. He held out and capitulated at the last minute and missed the first game of the season. I expect the same thing.

I still believe not wanting to risk injury in TC drills and pre-season games has a lot to do with why he's not here. After almost two years of haggling and then getting it done mere days before the first regular season game is no coincidence.

We''ll see in two weeks.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I don't need a "source" My "source is AD's actions last year. He held out and capitulated at the last minute and missed the first game of the season. I expect the same thing.

I still believe not wanting to risk injury in TC drills and pre-season games has a lot to do with why he's not here. After almost two years of haggling and then getting it done mere days before the first regular season game is no coincidence.

We''ll see in two weeks.
Unless that was a warning shot last year and he intends to hold out longer this year. It could go either way.

Edited because auto-correct is stupid.

Last edited:

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Myles definitely goin douche mode there. When you rep a team having a bit thicker skin is required. Fans get passionate, lighten up Francis.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Myles definitely goin douche mode there. When you rep a team having a bit thicker skin is required. Fans get passionate, lighten up Francis.
True but it’s also beyond ignorant for a fan to say this to a reporter. Like Myles has any input with either the Rams or AD.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
True but it’s also beyond ignorant for a fan to say this to a reporter. Like Myles has any input with either the Rams or AD.

Fan acting ignorant on twitter? You don't say.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Unless that was a warning shot last year and he intends to hold out longer this year. It could go either way.

Edited because auto-correct is stupid.
Yeah, AD’ s 2017 holdout was different from the holdout this year. Last year’s holdout was a preview of things to come, a warning shot, with no real expectation of change.

This year’s holdout is for real— he definitely won’t play until the new deal is done.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Hoping Donald's just waiting for the preseason to end to sign a new deal and get reps in games when it matters.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I am guessing the comment the fan made was in jest. It had to be.....Myles was just to uptight to recognize it.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
4D920939-BD28-4DA4-8810-9DF9254F16E8.gif
E3354640-E0A0-436C-BD29-5ABCFF848A04.gif

148E0C3D-9311-4CB0-A284-AAD497AA4B39.gif

(Disclaimer: I’m on holiday and had a few cocktails)

Status
Not open for further replies.