A word about this Rams D vs the Packers...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Where to start?

Packers have an elite O and Rams have an elite D, right?

Irresistible force meeting immovable object kinda thing?

Needless to say, this should be interesting. Big plays on both units are virtually certain to occur and entertain us.

My admittedly biased take? I suspect (but don’t guarantee) that Staley will have packages and schemes that will frustrate Rodgers. And I mean a lot.

Meanwhile, Staley will have a pass rush, hopefully from just 4 guys, that give Rodgers precious little time to go through progressions.

If this unfolds I think the Rams win going away via turnovers and TOP. Goff will then have the luxury of handing off to Akers and getting the occasional pass completion on fairly safe throws.

So, I guess what I’m saying is that this game doesn’t hinge upon which QB starts at all. It 80% depends on this elite Ram D and having an effective running game. Rams win. Who’s next? Lol.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don’t expect GBs O to over power us. I agree with you on our D frustrating Rodgers and keeping us in the game.

I’m still concerned about turnovers, we have seen it cost us dearly far too often this year.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
I wonder if it could be like our latest Superbowl appearance, we were the offense to watch that year and then the Pat's D totally shut us down. Could our Defense do the same to Packers? Let's hope so, and yeah I agree it'll come down to our D and our run game

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I would actually send five rushers from time to time and rotate in. GBs game plan will be to get the ball out quickly. Don't think that's to Rodgers' liking

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
We will need to score at least 30 to win this one.
You think?? The Rams offense has been pedestrian most of this season. I think if you all score 30, you win going away....unless our defense gets us some points that is.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Saw at Bleacher Report that GB's defense averaged 4.5 yds carry/against this season (Ranks 21st of 32 teams).

Run the shit out the ball, control TOP and limit Rogers' opportunities to even get on the field.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
My concern would be how well can Staley's play calling work against GB and Rodgers. Against Seattle, Staley had the upper hand because the OC was trash. Against someone like SF's Shanahan he got burned. I'm hoping for Staley to have his best day yet because our Offense is going to need it.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Saw at Bleacher Report that GB's defense averaged 4.5 yds carry/against this season (Ranks 21st of 32 teams).

Run the shit out the ball, control TOP and limit Rogers' opportunities to even get on the field.
yeah, I'm expecting GB to stack the box and not let us run. Smart thing to do with both our QBs banged up. Goff will need to be ready.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Top D almost always wins this matchup. We have been on the other side a lot. Not guaranteeing anything, just saying

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Couple of side notes....

1). The lack of a full or even half filled Lambeau Field definitely helps the Rams.

2). The Rams play well on the Road since McVays arrival.

3). This is the GAME Jalen has to shut down Adams. I think Williams will be fine against their rotating 2WR in Lazard and Valdez-Scantling(sp?)

4). ”Just Get the Lead Baby”...Al McVay

Psycho_X

Legend
My concern would be how well can Staley's play calling work against GB and Rodgers. Against Seattle, Staley had the upper hand because the OC was trash. Against someone like SF's Shanahan he got burned. I'm hoping for Staley to have his best day yet because our Offense is going to need it.

Well if there is one thing going for us is that LaFleur was with us when Fangio and Staley shut down our power house offense which led to the Patriots using the same formula. Staley knows how to defend against that offense. Have to stay disciplined and not do what happened against Seattle when DBs broke coverage and left Young and Reeder chasing Metcalf into the endzone.

Rams77

Starter
If the Rams defense steps up and is the key factor for us pulling out a win against GB then we will all hear Staley as the top HC prospect in the off-season

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, it's gonna be around 32 degrees for a high. Like summertime in Green Bay!

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Please remember Staley used to play Rodgers twice a year so he has got to know him well. Granted in the Mccarthy regime they played each other.

Also the OL is without their best OLman LT Bakhtieri a probowler.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
yeah, I'm expecting GB to stack the box and not let us run. Smart thing to do with both our QBs banged up. Goff will need to be ready.
Total agree that is what i would do 8 in the box with safeties cheating down. Most teams know anyway we throw 3-8 yards almost exclusively that is why we need to go over the top if GB they will never see ut coming.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Green Bay runs our offense. So the first thing you do is remove the run game. If we give Aaron Rodgers a run game we are fucked.

oldnotdead

Legend
My main concern is the weather. The Rams have shown they struggle in cold weather. It also could make the case for starting Wolford over Goff simply because of his thumb. The Ram dink and dunk offense is a good fit for cold weather. Also, the Packer run defense has benefited from their offense running up the score forcing teams out of their run game.

If the Ram D can keep the game close enough where the Rams can stay balanced then advantage Rams. If the Ram offense can get a lead and force GB to play from behind, again advantage Rams. So it all comes down to IMO how good the o-line plays. If they turn in a gem of a game the Rams have both the offense and defense to control the game.

A good friend of mine for over 25 years is a life long Packer fan. He told me two weeks ago the one team the Packers did not want to face is the Rams. In their opinion, they win next week and they will be in the SB. They aren't afraid in the least of the Saints. The Aints are good but they don't have the Rams D and they would have to play outdoors in the cold in GB. They have not forgotten their struggle against a Wade defense and understand Staley's is far more complex with much better personnel.

They also know that despite Rodgers being a fairly mobile QB, that the Rams know perfectly well how to defend mobile QBs.

Speaking of which the long term forecast is very favorable for the Rams. They are forecasting 31 deg with winds of 10 mph. If that holds I think we will see Goff at QB.

gogoat1

Starter
Name
Troy
If we can run and limit turnovers Rams win. It is that simple. Right now we do not have the horses for a shootout.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I think our D is going to come out and prove a point, Aaron hasn't seen anything like our defense this year. Ramsey will hold Devante in check and that is their only major weapon on the outside. Rodgers has targeted him 140 times this year, and he missed 2 games. That's roughly 10 targets per game, so he's not going to just go away from Ramsey like other teams have. He's going to challenge him. If Ramsey can lock Adams down, and we play the run game well like we have all season, we can shut down that offense. AD will be playing so don't worry about that.

Another point is how good Staley's game plan will be for this game. Practicing against McVay all year long...understanding his philosophy and main passing concepts... that should all bode well for us big time.