3 Players Who Need To Step Up

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
CAUTION: Below name might trigger panic attacks or violent outbursts.

Never make that mistake again Dave, you might kill somebody.

MY EYES! THEY'RE MELTING! THEY'RE MELT-ING!!!

dhaab

Rookie
  1. Mark Barron...Ram defense needs to send a message and the Red Barron needs to ensure that when you go across the middle receivers enter at their own risk. IMO McDonald & Barron will be the starting safeties come September Morn and many will morn if they test the dynamic duo.

The other huge reason Barron needs to play well in 2015 is he's an UFA next season, so he's playing for his next contract.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I can't really say step up because last season was a red shirt year, but Christian Bryant is a guy I think will surprise. He's a guy who was a heart and soul of a defense type of guy at Ohio State.

So I expect him to be a presence this year at camp.

Alan

Legend
Mackeyser liking Christian:
I can't really say step up because last season was a red shirt year, but Christian Bryant is a guy I think will surprise.
Refresh my mind please Mac, is he a SS or a FS type?

Last edited:

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
(1) Please don't kill me fans of JL . I've felt your wrath before . I just want JL to stay healthy and make the coaches not want to draft his replacement next draft and start the rookie as we had a shot at a few pretty good picks like Perryman and the UCLA short but stud ILB's . If healthy the whole year maybe JL can be more athletic for us. We have his great leadership but we need some Flash. Not holding my breath.

(2) Stedman Baily can become a real favorite of Foles as he might not get great seperation but will fight to make great catches and reminds me of the geargia QB turned WR that played for the Steelers and won a ring. Always smiling and always a go to guy till he finally retired. I believe he can line up in every position and draw the other teams best coverman. Once the NFL slows down for him he's gonna be a fan favorite , like his 25 touchdowns in his last season with WV while Tavon Austin was lining up with him and anothe couple nice recievers on same squad. Can't wait . Its time for Baily to shine.

(3)Torn between our Safety and Center positions as so monumental and believe both will have major competition this offseason. Without naming one name or saying one negative word about any one player. I have my own personal thoughts about who should be our Free Safety as some know GW's plays a right left safety and uses so many packages with the extra DB's we have that can fill in to whatever Coach Williams wants . I'm a big Joyner fan and believe he's gonna really impress after a year where so many expected much more and many thought he is too small for the NFL.

I can name a few Pro Bowl DB's that were smaller so it can work. Think things will slow down for him also and he could be more than just a nickle back when he is feeling it. Like Havenstein he was the very last in a group last year of FS's when taken as I feel Havenstein was the last ORT (in this draft) that could be a starter his rookie year if the right scheme. Center or our important Pivot spot is my biggest unknown as we let one guy walk and two others were hurt and had surgeries to recover and build back muscle from in Jones & Rhaney. Its my biggest concern going into camp with me not seeing the guys train daily and see in practice as our OL coaches have and we passed on Gallik for the Mizzu WR. Just hoping injuries stay away and no way we have 4 Centers get long time injuries in one season AGAIN. GO RAMS!!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
CAUTION: Below name might trigger panic attacks or violent outbursts.

Never make that mistake again Dave, you might kill somebody.

Dave actually meant to post...Baron Mikel Scicluna:
baron.png
OOPS!
hide.gif
hidesbehindsofa.gif
hiding.gif
Mark my words, I don't know where that came from!!:oops:
I do know better!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Refresh my mind please Mac, is he a SS or a FS type?

The way we play, he'd be more of a McLeod type FS. Not a center fielder, but a rangy hitter.

He had that same spark as Mathieu... He made things happen and good things happened when he was on the field.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What was our qb's qbr? I don't think it was higher than foles

The BS ESPN one or the more traditional passer rating? The more traditional passer rating:
Davis 85.1
Hill 83.9
Foles 81.4

Foles and Davis had identical TD% and identical INT% (to one decimal place at least), Foles had a higher yards per completion, but completed less of his attempts so an identical yards per attempt. Hill was better than both in INT% and yards per attempt, but worse than both in TD%.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
[av]http://www.mediacollege.com/downloads/sound-effects/star-trek/tos/music/Suspense_02.mp3[/av]

V3

Hall of Fame
Let's be honest, there needs to be more than just three players stepping up if this season is going to be successful. I could come up with 8 quite easily and if any of them fail, it'll hurt the team pretty badly.

Foles
Austin
GRob
Whoever is playing C
Havenstein
Ogletree
Jenkins
One of the other WRs (Quick, Britt, Bailey)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Let's be honest, there needs to be more than just three players stepping up if this season is going to be successful. I could come up with 8 quite easily and if any of them fail, it'll hurt the team pretty badly.

Foles
Austin
GRob
Whoever is playing C
Havenstein
Ogletree
Jenkins
One of the other WRs (Quick, Britt, Bailey)
[av]http://www.mediacollege.com/downloads/sound-effects/star-trek/tos/music/Suspense_04.mp3[/av]

ausmurp

Starter
Last year was a bad year for this offense, but was also quietly a bad year for the defense. So both sides need to step up...

offense:
PTS: 20.2 (21st)
YDS: 314.7 (28th)

defense:
PTS: 22.1 (17th)
YDS: 351.6 (17th)

This team has not been top 16 in offense (better half of the league) in 10 or so years. Defense being that average though, with as bad as the offense was, and you have to account for defense being much better if we weren't 28th in yds - taking into account 3-and-outs/punt count.

So I'm picking only offense, because if our offense could just make it to top 16 (shouldn't be that hard), our defense will surely be top 10. And I could pick QB, WR, or RB, but in reality production from those guys all relates to how well the OL plays - it all comes back to the OL. So I'm picking only OL...

1. LG/RG Saffold - This guy gets hurt every single year. I couldn't believe we gave him as much as we did, he's literally on the ground rolling around in pain 8 or so games a season. He needs to step up because if we don't have a strong middle OL, Foles will suffer and struggle as he did last year in Philly.

2. LT Robinson - He has to be on this list - he was picked #2 overall last year and a player picked there should be starting right away and should be a face of the franchise in his 2nd year and beyond. If he and Saffold can play at an all pro level our OL will be at least average.

3. C Jones - We need him to step up and take over at C. A good OL in the NFL typically only needs a good LT, one good G and a good C - the rest are plug and play. Jones has been a decorated OLer his entire life, he is one of the smartest people if not the smartest on the team. His only limitation is his health. He's had what, 3 years to get healthy? He looked decent when he got in last year. If he, GRob, and Saffold can all 3 play at an all pro level, this OL should be better than average, host a 1000 yd RB, a 1000 yd WR, and a good QB.

I've never been one to say the OL/DL are the most important part of a team and are the primary factor in winning. But now that we have pieces in place, this is true. Before we didn't have pieces in place so I didn't agree with that mantra.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Last year was a bad year for this offense, but was also quietly a bad year for the defense. So both sides need to step up...

offense:
PTS: 20.2 (21st)
YDS: 314.7 (28th)

defense:
PTS: 22.1 (17th)
YDS: 351.6 (17th)

This team has not been top 16 in offense (better half of the league) in 10 or so years. Defense being that average though, with as bad as the offense was, and you have to account for defense being much better if we weren't 28th in yds - taking into account 3-and-outs/punt count.

So I'm picking only offense, because if our offense could just make it to top 16 (shouldn't be that hard), our defense will surely be top 10. And I could pick QB, WR, or RB, but in reality production from those guys all relates to how well the OL plays - it all comes back to the OL. So I'm picking only OL...

1. LG/RG Saffold - This guy gets hurt every single year. I couldn't believe we gave him as much as we did, he's literally on the ground rolling around in pain 8 or so games a season. He needs to step up because if we don't have a strong middle OL, Foles will suffer and struggle as he did last year in Philly.

2. LT Robinson - He has to be on this list - he was picked #2 overall last year and a player picked there should be starting right away and should be a face of the franchise in his 2nd year and beyond. If he and Saffold can play at an all pro level our OL will be at least average.

3. C Jones - We need him to step up and take over at C. A good OL in the NFL typically only needs a good LT, one good G and a good C - the rest are plug and play. Jones has been a decorated OLer his entire life, he is one of the smartest people if not the smartest on the team. His only limitation is his health. He's had what, 3 years to get healthy? He looked decent when he got in last year. If he, GRob, and Saffold can all 3 play at an all pro level, this OL should be better than average, host a 1000 yd RB, a 1000 yd WR, and a good QB.

I've never been one to say the OL/DL are the most important part of a team and are the primary factor in winning. But now that we have pieces in place, this is true. Before we didn't have pieces in place so I didn't agree with that mantra.

We still punishing the D for points scored directly off turnovers when they weren't on the field?