OFFICIAL 2024 Training Camp / P.S. News, Notes, Discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't get how you can come away from his games with that take, but hey, disagreements are the only constant on a board like this.

Jackson is stout as hell. Rarely gets moved unless he wants to. Sometimes he'll fumble on the back pedal, because he doesn't have nimble feet, but the dude can stone a strong rush.

When he first got his shot out there I expected him to get torched by speed rushers. Never happened. It is his weakness I think, overall. But he's a solid LT. Doesn't move as well as Boom, but he moves well enough and doesn't give ground constantly.

But I'm starting to feel like the dickhead poster here. And maybe rightly so. So gonna recuse myself from this one and cross my fingers vs Detroit.
Dickhead? Nope. I just have a different sense for Note. I'm not a big fan of having to rely on him but I think we could do worse. Hopefully I'm just more right than you. :cool:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't see the dropoff from AJ to NB as being very much. Noteboom was really bad at guard, but he's always been decent at both tackle positions.
Noteboom is not as strong as Jackson. He’s gets bullrushed far too easily. He’s not good at finding and locking into second level targets in the run game.

I was very happy when the Rams picked Joe in the draft. I thought he had a lot of potential, but he is what he is at this point. If he wasn’t then the Rams never try to make him take a paycut.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't get how you can come away from his games with that take, but hey, disagreements are the only constant on a board like this.

Jackson is stout as hell. Rarely gets moved unless he wants to. Sometimes he'll fumble on the back pedal, because he doesn't have nimble feet, but the dude can stone a strong rush.

When he first got his shot out there I expected him to get torched by speed rushers. Never happened. It is his weakness I think, overall. But he's a solid LT. Doesn't move as well as Boom, but he moves well enough and doesn't give ground constantly.

But I'm starting to feel like the dickhead poster here. And maybe rightly so. So gonna recuse myself from this one and cross my fingers vs Detroit.
I don’t care about being the dickhead poster when it comes to calling a spade a spade. Noteboom is a solid backup that I don’t want to ever see protecting Stafford’s blindside. I don’t trust him to be able to keep Stafford upright. Hopefully he can do it for two games. And hopefully McVay draws up a scheme where Noteboom doesn’t have to be relied on too heavily.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Stetson Bennett out for a bit with family matters. McVay says its not big deal and he'll be back soon. If what he did last year didn't happen I wouldn't give it a second thought. But now I'm thinking red flags with him. Like an employee who tends to call in sick on Mondays. You wonder how long the boss will tolerate it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stetson Bennett out for a bit with family matters. McVay says its not big deal and he'll be back soon. If what he did last year didn't happen I wouldn't give it a second thought. But now I'm thinking red flags with him. Like an employee who tends to call in sick on Mondays. You wonder how long the boss will tolerate it.
Perfect analogy
Wouldnt shock me to see they pick up Wolford and move Bennett to PS

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Perfect analogy
Wouldnt shock me to see they pick up Wolford and move Bennett to PS
This is one of those... "we don't know what we don't know" things.

What THE RAMS know, is what's important. If what Bennett is doing has been clearly communicated and is a fairly routine family thing, no big deal. If it's some kind of a relapse of what kept him out, or if there's a big mystery to the team? Then you start looking elsewhere. Timing would be horrific.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Noteboom is not as strong as Jackson. He’s gets bullrushed far too easily. He’s not good at finding and locking into second level targets in the run game.

I was very happy when the Rams picked Joe in the draft. I thought he had a lot of potential, but he is what he is at this point. If he wasn’t then the Rams never try to make him take a paycut.
Agreed that Noteboom is not as strong as Jackson but Noteboom has better feet. They both have weaknesses. I'm not saying that Noteboom was great; I'm saying that Jackson also has weaknesses (different ones) and IMO I'd grade them as nearly equivalent players.

Because of this discussion, I decided to review their pressures allowed per snap at LT.

Jackson allows a pressure (sack, hit, or hurry) at a rate of 6.80%
Noteboom allows a pressure at a rate of 6.9%.

I don't think there is much daylight between them in overall results.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah family matters could be a parent or sibling died. We don't know what this is but by all means let's freak out about it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Agreed that Noteboom is not as strong as Jackson but Noteboom has better feet. They both have weaknesses. I'm not saying that Noteboom was great; I'm saying that Jackson also has weaknesses (different ones) and IMO I'd grade them as nearly equivalent players.

Because of this discussion, I decided to review their pressures allowed per snap at LT.

Jackson allows a pressure (sack, hit, or hurry) at a rate of 6.80%
Noteboom allows a pressure at a rate of 6.9%.

I don't think there is much daylight between them in overall results.
I think Jackson’s strength helps him more in the run game and with bullrushes. Sure Noteboom has good feet. I see that as he’s being bullrushes backwards into the QB. He rarely falls down.

Neither is Whitworth but I think Jackson is clearly the better option right now.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
I think Jackson’s strength helps him more in the run game and with bullrushes. Sure Noteboom has good feet. I see that as he’s being bullrushes backwards into the QB. He rarely falls down.

Neither is Whitworth but I think Jackson is clearly the better option right now.
Reasonable minds can disagree. :clinkingbeer:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is one of those... "we don't know what we don't know" things.

What THE RAMS know, is what's important. If what Bennett is doing has been clearly communicated and is a fairly routine family thing, no big deal. If it's some kind of a relapse of what kept him out, or if there's a big mystery to the team? Then you start looking elsewhere. Timing would be horrific.
Totally agree.
Guys will miss time for this reason and nobody will know about it, because of Bennett past, this info gets clicks.
#guiltyascharged

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame

Yikes Jared gonna be after Jared.

Los Angeles Football GIF by Sealed With A GIF

Yikes what's going on with Kay?

Brazil Cosmetics GIF by MUBI