OFFICIAL 2024 Training Camp / P.S. News, Notes, Discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
3 OL + Puka.

If we went into any reg season game down 3 starters on the o line plus Puka, we would be in trouble.
I’m hopeful Limmer is good enough to move Avila to guard if Jackson’s not ready to go. I like that alignment better than 2 backups on left side.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Looks like Limmer might start at center if Jonah Jackson can't play. Avila would start at LG. Good thing we drafted him.

That was the plan I was wholeheartedly behind going into this offseason: draft a starting Center. Acquiring JJackson changed that, but as you say, lucky the Rams drafted Limmer.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Looks like Limmer might start at center if Jonah Jackson can't play. Avila would start at LG. Good thing we drafted him.
"Dodged a bullet there boys wooooo."
~ Brad Holmes

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/57...d-practice-texans/?source=user_shared_article

Limmer took all of the center snaps for Stafford on Thursday.

“I like the command, I like the communication,” McVay said of Limmer, “I think you see a lot of the physical traits where he can come out of his hips and get more removal. I think he’s getting more and more comfortable in the protection element. … Beaux has made some really good strides, and I think that’s a credit to the guys around him but also Ryan Wendell and Zak Kromer. To be able to have some versatile pieces like we do, and then being able to get Jonah back, that will be really big for us. And I think we’ve really developed some depth at the tackle spot.”

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

The Rams’ first-team offense still tested several different concepts with a combination of receivers. With Puka Nacua still recovering from a knee injury, McVay has been rotating in veteran Tyler Johnson, second-year player Xavier Smith and rookie Jordan Whittington into the “Nacua” role. Whittington, a former preps star running back, may eventually add an interesting element to the Rams’ run game (they like to use screens and sweeps as an “extension” of their stretch runs) and Whittington continued getting blocking reps as well.

As I have noted, Atwell’s role seems to be as depth behind Demarcus Robinson and in situational concepts, as he splits time between the second and first team.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/57...d-practice-texans/?source=user_shared_article

Limmer took all of the center snaps for Stafford on Thursday.

“I like the command, I like the communication,” McVay said of Limmer, “I think you see a lot of the physical traits where he can come out of his hips and get more removal. I think he’s getting more and more comfortable in the protection element. … Beaux has made some really good strides, and I think that’s a credit to the guys around him but also Ryan Wendell and Zak Kromer. To be able to have some versatile pieces like we do, and then being able to get Jonah back, that will be really big for us. And I think we’ve really developed some depth at the tackle spot.”

Great to see the interior of the line set. You never know what will happen.

Psycho_X

Legend
Great to see the interior of the line set. You never know what will happen.

Yeah this interior oline may be the best and deepest we've had in recent and even not recent past. It's the tackles I'm worried about because it seems every scrimmage has had notes of them getting abused with Jackson and Hav out. We need those two back and healthy.

Psycho_X

Legend
I don't think so.

Was about to wonder if Hav wouldn't end up on temp IR for ease of roster cut downs today/tomorrow. If they aren't even considering that at this time that is great news that it is at least a week to week thing. Haven't heard anything about him lately so was starting to get concerned.

Also, Bennett... need ya here bud for at least two games. Hopefully nothing.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
After watching Noteboom in TC and McClenden in preseason games, I think both looked pretty good. McClenden is a brick wall and hard to get around. Ñoteboom looks in great shape, may not be much of a dropoff from Aleric. I trust they're both ready.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Was about to wonder if Hav wouldn't end up on temp IR for ease of roster cut downs today/tomorrow. If they aren't even considering that at this time that is great news that it is at least a week to week thing. Haven't heard anything about him lately so was starting to get concerned.

Also, Bennett... need ya here bud for at least two games. Hopefully nothing.
Sign Mike White...was cut by Miami. Played for LaFleur in NY. Has had a few 300 yrd passing games in the NFL and has won games. Bennett to PS.