OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
This just a guess. Other posters can chime-in. Smart Guys like @OldSchool, @den-the-coach and @dieterbrock. Not that @Loyal fellow ... he is an agitator.

As I look at the 53-man-roster, which has been updated for Lampkin replacing Yeast, there are only 51 players.
The above has Kalinic and Dedich being activated from the PS but I believe that is a one-game-designation.
Arcuri was brought-up from the Practice Squad last week but is back on the PS now.

If Kalinic and Dedich NEED to count against the 53-man-roster, their addition makes it 53.
However, Witherspoon and Nsekhe are designated Practice Squad / Veteran Protected; and the PS is light.
I thought (could be wrong) that the two open spots on the 53 were for Spoon and Nsekhe.

This stuff is confusing man.
View attachment 67580
I think your right because I thought Practice squad promotions for a game don't count against the 53, I'm guessing those 2 last spots are for Spoon & Nsekhe, just like you said.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I think your right because I thought Practice squad promotions for a game don't count against the 53, I'm guessing those 2 last spots are for Spoon & Nsekhe, just like you said.
I'm guessing those two spots are for Alaric Jackson and Jimmy Garappolo who will be added after the game.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeast is a JAG. If they see more potential in Lampkin then why not give him a chance.

It’s likely they want to get Witherspoon caught up on any scheme changes. I imagine that in a week he will be on the 53 and Lampkin back on the PS.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's hard to blame the Panthers, think Young had like 80 yards of passing. He is completely in over his head, and doesn't have a lot of options to throw to. But it is true comedy that with all the control of the #1 overall pick they took the undersized QB who benefitted from a top team around him at Bama. GMs gonna learn some lessons from that shit.

In a lot of ways, though, the teams fuck QBs like him over by putting too much on him. If he was drafted later, then he sits on the depth chart and learns and fans right now are yelling for him to get his shot instead of wanting to take him out back and shoot him.

Psycho_X

Legend
I'd 100 percent give them a fifth round pick for Young. Recent troubles aside,he was considered legit in the draft.
Problem is we'd have to eat his contract so McVay would have to be damn convinced he could make him a pro bowler if that was the case. Not so sure about that one. We could trade them Jimmy G and Stetson though to help the cap hit lol. Basically trade one undersized young QB for another.