OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame

Awful contract. This whole concept of the next man up automatically being the highest paid, is beyond stupid. It should not apply if you are not even elite at your position. By what logic does an owner hear "pay me more than any other QB", from Dak Prescott, and think to themselves, "fine by me". I get these guys are billionaires. They may not miss the money. But it's wild to commit that much salary cap to 1 player of Dak's calibre. Thank God the Rams aren't the ones paying this for a good-but-not-great QB.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
This is going to be off-the-wall but I wonder what it would take to get Bryce Young from the Panthers. Not talking about right now but after this season. Wonder if McVay could work some magic or if he’s just broken.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is going to be off-the-wall but I wonder what it would take to get Bryce Young from the Panthers. Not talking about right now but after this season. Wonder if McVay could work some magic or if he’s just broken.
McVay seems to love him some redemption projects so it's always a possibility.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Jimmy G is an insurance. A team in dire need of a QB will consider what we have, Jimmy G. We can get something for him. I do believe we need a good QB McVay can use. We can trade Jimmy G now to the Panthers if they need someone right now.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
No.
Not an NFL QB.

Tano

Legend
Jimmy G is an insurance. A team in dire need of a QB will consider what we have, Jimmy G. We can get something for him. I do believe we need a good QB McVay can use. We can trade Jimmy G now to the Panthers if they need someone right now.
Bryce Young is too short.

When I saw him jump to get a throw over a lineman - that made me positive he was too short.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When they have the overall #1 pick in 2025 they will likely be taking another QB if one of the current crop takes that leap.
I could see him then available for a mid rounder and wouldnt mind him on the team. He's basically Stetson Bennett with significantly more talent, and significantly less baggage

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
When they have the overall #1 pick in 2025 they will likely be taking another QB if one of the current crop takes that leap.
I could see him then available for a mid rounder and wouldnt mind him on the team. He's basically Stetson Bennett with significantly more talent, and significantly less baggage
He’s an inch shorter than Bennett… and Bennett is too small imo. At least Young can run. But a QB like that would be wasted in McVays scheme imo.

A staple of McVay’s offense is throwing over the middle. Thats tough for short QBs.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Spoon is back.

Well get ready...
1000004457.jpg

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Strange to waive Yeast to activate an unknown DB.

Perhaps there was a concern the Lampkin would get picked-off the Practice Squad, the same way the Rams added Dylan McMahon earlier this week. Personally, I thought Yeast was one of those players that just didn't seem to make any plays.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
And Lampkin promoted instead of Witherspoon.
This is just a guess. Other posters can chime-in. Smart Guys like @OldSchool, @den-the-coach and @dieterbrock. Not that @Loyal fellow ... he is an agitator.

As I look at the 53-man-roster, which has been updated for Lampkin replacing Yeast, there are only 51 players.
The above has Kalinic and Dedich being activated from the PS but I believe that is a one-game-designation.
Arcuri was brought-up from the Practice Squad last week but is back on the PS now.

If Kalinic and Dedich NEED to count against the 53-man-roster, their addition makes it 53.
However, Witherspoon and Nsekhe are designated Practice Squad / Veteran Protected; and the PS is light.
I thought (could be wrong) that the two open spots on the 53 were for Spoon and Nsekhe.

This stuff is confusing man.
1726346192032.png

Last edited: