OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I didn't like what he did at that time he did it. But it certainly can be argued that it was required.

Problem is we don't argue about things any more. We make shit taboo like the Quakers did, which is a power play and leads nowhere good. Because you will never fix anything if you can't discuss and even sometimes argue about it.

People are dicks. Religion should have been held in check by the first amendment, which was created shortly after we became a nation. But even as late as 1962 we had to have a supreme court decision to check people having other people's kids worship in school. Nothing people love more than controlling others.

Which is why some of us are so wrapped around the axle when it comes to freedom.
I would also add that people still try to control others. Just like those who tried to get Butkner fired. You go against certain beliefs, they can destroy you.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Since religion and humor have come up in this thread, here's one with both:

A catholic Priest and a Jewish Rabbi were taking a walk through the neighborhood when an 11 year old boy goes by on his bicycle. The Priest elbows the Rabbi and says "Hey, lets go screw that little kid", the Rabbi replies "Outta what?"

dang

Legend
He’s owned it. He’s never shied away from his words.
I don’t agree with his choice of forums in which to share his perspective but I respect his beliefs. I’ll trust he weighed his audience’s perspective when he chose his commencement speech topic.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not to get too far in the weeds, and I am not very religous, but what our founders meant by freedom of religion was not to protect people from others beliefs as much as it was to protect people from our government keeping them from exercising their religous beliefs.

Mandatory prayer in a public school would violate that, but allowing kids a moment of silence to do whatever they want with it, would not. Although I doubt that is even allowed. A kid wearing a Jesus shirt should also be allowed. A citizen should be allowed to express themselves, even in a school. However I assume nowadays a kid would be forced to remove it. That I disagree with. It's not like a school employee is wearing it or a school forcing kids to wear it.

That's where I feel things have gone too far. Afterall you see stories of teachers pushing agendas, with a religious type fervor, like LGBTQ issues pride month and even political view points. How is that any different than someone pushing a religion? They are both expressing a way of life or a philosophy of how to live your life, etc... They are not education based.

And again not religous, but I don't think it's any coincidence that the rise in school violence, mass shootings, certainly increased massively after we removed religion from schools. Too many kids today have no moral compass, feel there are no consequences for their actions. I don't think that's a coincidence.
There are so many factors that have contributed to the rise in school violence and they all happened long after religion was removed from schools.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
He’s telling other Catholics what they can and cannot believe.

Hard pass.

His COVID nonsense and no IVF or birth control?

Hard pass.

And… I think it’s funny he’s okay giving up all agency as a parent to the mother.

Seems weird to me.

And how is the whole “Keep the Sabbath Holy” working out for him?

Seems he’s okay rationalizing what’s convenient.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
OK. Back to the actual topic of the thread please. Enough has been said here about religion, the 1st Amendment, etc... And while everyone has kept it civil and adult, we need to get back to the scope of this board. Besides, I don't think there is anything really new being said here and I just don't see the subject either fitting or somehow becoming enlightening.

So if you all don't mind, I'd like to see us move along and get back to trades, cuts, FA, etc...

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
He’s telling other Catholics what they can and cannot believe.

Hard pass.

His COVID nonsense and no IVF or birth control?

Hard pass.

And… I think it’s funny he’s okay giving up all agency as a parent to the mother.

Seems weird to me.

And how is the whole “Keep the Sabbath Holy” working out for him?

Seems he’s okay rationalizing what’s convenient.
Post deleted by moderator as we have been through this and we ARE moving on. Any further members choosing to continue on the subject will be banned from this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t agree with his choice of forums in which to share his perspective but I respect his beliefs. I’ll trust he weighed his audience’s perspective when he chose his commencement speech topic.
This doesnt make sense. He was asked to speak, to share his thoughts. It's exactly the correct forum.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Post deleted by moderator as we have been through this and we ARE moving on. Any further members choosing to continue on the subject will be banned from this thread.
Odd that you also didn't delete the comment I replied to.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I remember the 2017 NFL Draft.

So wanted the Rams to select JuJu Smith-Shuster with the high third round draft choice. Very Disappointed when the Steelers took him late in the second round.

By the way, the Rams wound-up drafting Cooper Kupp half-a-dozen picks later.

I would be an Awful General Manager
Juju looked good at first

I still want him on the Rams. I want to hear the announcers calling a game with JuJu and Tutu on the field at the same time. McVay could set up a cool Hook and Ladder play just so the play-by-play person had to say both names and then repeat it a few times during the replay.

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
Juju looked good at first

I still want him on the Rams. I want to hear the announcers calling a game with JuJu and Tutu on the field at the same time. McVay could set up a cool Hook and Ladder play just so the play-by-play person had to say both names and then repeat it a few times during the replay.
Low cost, couldn't hurt to have as a backup if one of our WR guys go down