OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I never want to hear that team say they're "for women's rights" ever again after this.
Why?
He didn’t hurt anybody or advocate for the mistreatment of women.
He stated an opinion which placed an extremely high value on motherhood to the point he felt it was more important than career decisions.

He might have picked a better time and place than while addressing women graduates who were probably closer to career objectives than most.

Don’t women still have the choice to opt out of the workforce to dedicate themselves to family, running a household, and raising their children as opposed to leaving them in the hands of strangers while they pursue a paycheck?

It is unfortunate that economics make this decision more difficult than just being an idealogical one, but it is still a choice women have a right to make. Haven’t we all known women with degrees or specific training and qualifications only to have put their careers on hold (at the very least) to raise a family? I am certainly not going to put THOSE women down for exercising THAT right.

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend
He might have picked a better time and place than while addressing women graduates who were probably closer to career objectives than most.
I agree that I think his overall message wasn't as bad as people made it out to be all though it makes good jokes and memes. But the quoted part is really the part he screwed up on. Don't go to a college graduation where everyone is thinking about their career paths and what they want to do next in life and then tell the women they should be most excited about being mothers. I get the sentiment and the world needs mothers who want to be mothers but read the room a little better probably lol. Just reminds me of Dwight...

View: https://www.tiktok.com/@cryleash/video/7369287830658665774

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Why?
He stated an opinion which placed an extremely high value on motherhood to the point he felt it was more important than career decisions.

Don’t women still have the choice to opt out of the workforce to dedicate themselves to family, running a household, and raising their children as opposed to leaving them in the hands of strangers while they pursue a paycheck?

It is unfortunate that economics make this decision more difficult than just being an idealogical one, but it is still a choice women have a right to make. Haven’t we all known women with degrees or specific training and qualifications only to have put their careers on hold (at the very least) to raise a family? I am certainly not going to put THOSE women down for exercising THAT right.

It felt like Butger’s personal beliefs were more important for him to talk about than the people he was addressing or the reason why he was asked to be there in the first place.

That makes him seem like a total ass, no matter what he said.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why because he gave his opinion at a Catholic School graduation ceremony? If that bothers you then you have the problem, not Mr. Butker.

~ArkyRamsFan~
Exactly
The whole thing was blown out of proportion, in fact if anyone is to blame for "upsetting" folks with his speech, it is Benedictine College. They knew what they were getting when they asked him to speak, he gave a similar speech a year earlier at another commencement ceremony, and has been pretty outspoken in his beliefs.

dang

Legend
Why?

Dude had a strong opinion and expressed it in a very public setting. That’s his right as is the right for him to be subjected to the voice of public opinion. So now he has to own it.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People who want to be offender are in fact offended. Those who chose not to be offender are offending those who want to be offender.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Why?

I see… so when Kaep kneels to bring attention to cops killing black people, he should shut up and play and not use his platform, but Butker can use HIS platform to advocate something controversial, but you seemingly agree with so that’s okay?

Either it’s nothing political or laissez faire and simply let disagreements go, but it sure seems the biggest Kaep haters all of a sudden have a different standard for Butker.

He’s FREE to say the things he says. And, folks are FREE to disagree and also FREE to not buy products associated with him. Companies can navigate that marketplace accordingly.

Also, what he espoused in his over 20 minute speech as far more than “hey ladies, I know y’all just graduated, but your highest calling is babies and keeping house”

Anyway, if nothing else, let’s be consistent… if what Butker said was fine and free for him to say, then let’s have that same energy for the next SJW that advocates for something y’all may not agree with.

Otherwise it’s just more partisan BS masquerading as free speech

Tano

Legend
I see… so when Kaep kneels to bring attention to cops killing black people, he should shut up and play and not use his platform, but Butker can use HIS platform to advocate something controversial, but you seemingly agree with so that’s okay?

Either it’s nothing political or laissez faire and simply let disagreements go, but it sure seems the biggest Kaep haters all of a sudden have a different standard for Butker.

He’s FREE to say the things he says. And, folks are FREE to disagree and also FREE to not buy products associated with him. Companies can navigate that marketplace accordingly.

Also, what he espoused in his over 20 minute speech as far more than “hey ladies, I know y’all just graduated, but your highest calling is babies and keeping house”

Anyway, if nothing else, let’s be consistent… if what Butker said was fine and free for him to say, then let’s have that same energy for the next SJW that advocates for something y’all may not agree with.

There is a huge difference

Kaep did it at football games

Butker did it outside football

If Kaep wants to say things about cops killing black people - go for it outside football.

What happens outside football stays out of football (unless it is something that is just wrong).

Unfortunately, everybody has their own definition of what is "JUST" wrong.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly
The whole thing was blown out of proportion, in fact if anyone is to blame for "upsetting" folks with his speech, it is Benedictine College. They knew what they were getting when they asked him to speak, he gave a similar speech a year earlier at another commencement ceremony, and has been pretty outspoken in his beliefs.
It seems that his speech wasn't well received by those not at the event. This isn't California.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

If Kaep wants to say things about cops killing black people - go for it outside football.

What happens outside football stays out of football (unless it is something that is just wrong).

We’re crossing controversial, political lines here gentlemen.

Time to move on

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It felt like Butger’s personal beliefs were more important for him to talk about than the people he was addressing or the reason why he was asked to be there in the first place.

That makes him seem like a total ass, no matter what he said.
Meh. He was speaking to graduates from a religious college.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Apples to oranges. Almost without exception, most people I heard from agreed that Krapondick simply should not have used the National Anthem at a football game to make his veiled protest. And I say veiled because few knew the intent behind the protest until quite some time later. By then, the "damage" had been done and there was no explaining it away. He could have used his bully pulpit to speak against the injustices he wanted to protest and I highly doubt anyone would have said boo about it. If he had been invited to speak and then spoke out, there would be virtually no blow back. In fact, I would think there would actually be admiration for speaking up.

Butker was asked to speak at a religious college's commencement. And the school knew exactly who Butker was. Not that it is the point but it also appeared that few if any in his actual audience had a problem with what he said. If they did, the spotlight should be on the school IMO.

But in the end, the two cases have nothing in common.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Meh. He was speaking to graduates from a religious college.
Yep. He shared his faith and outlook with a graduating class of a religious college. We are Americans. We allow people to believe what they choose.

Or we used to at least. Irony is today's SJW types will someday realize where that road leads... Unfortunately it will be after their arrival.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Dude had a strong opinion and expressed it in a very public setting. That’s his right as is the right for him to be subjected to the voice of public opinion. So now he has to own it.
He’s owned it. He’s never shied away from his words.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Kaep wasn't asked to speak before a game on his thoughts on current events.

BTW, I still don't get what the kicker said that was so bad. He basically talked about how not to look down on being a mother & homemaker. He basically said it was a high calling to embrace that role. He never said it was a bad thing to be a career woman.

He also mentioned, correctly so, that single parent households were a huge problem in this country and called out the absentee fathers on that issue.

Too many mis-characterized what he said and the nerve to call fir the Chiefs to cut him over his beliefs were absurd.

Kaep doesnt have an NFL job because he wasnt good enough, no longer a starter, for teams to put up with his distractions.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Kaep wasn't asked to speak before a game on his thoughts on current events.
I didn't like what he did at that time he did it. But it certainly can be argued that it was required.

Problem is we don't argue about things any more. We make shit taboo like the Quakers did, which is a power play and leads nowhere good. Because you will never fix anything if you can't discuss and even sometimes argue about it.

People are dicks. Religion should have been held in check by the first amendment, which was created shortly after we became a nation. But even as late as 1962 we had to have a supreme court decision to check people having other people's kids worship in school. Nothing people love more than controlling others.

Which is why some of us are so wrapped around the axle when it comes to freedom.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I didn't like what he did at that time he did it. But it certainly can be argued that it was required.

Problem is we don't argue about things any more. We make shit taboo like the Quakers did, which is a power play and leads nowhere good. Because you will never fix anything if you can't discuss and even sometimes argue about it.

People are dicks. Religion should have been held in check by the first amendment, which was created shortly after we became a nation. But even as late as 1962 we had to have a supreme court decision to check people having other people's kids worship in school. Nothing people love more than controlling others.

Which is why some of us are so wrapped around the axle when it comes to freedom.
Not to get too far in the weeds, and I am not very religous, but what our founders meant by freedom of religion was not to protect people from others beliefs as much as it was to protect people from our government keeping them from exercising their religous beliefs.

Mandatory prayer in a public school would violate that, but allowing kids a moment of silence to do whatever they want with it, would not. Although I doubt that is even allowed. A kid wearing a Jesus shirt should also be allowed. A citizen should be allowed to express themselves, even in a school. However I assume nowadays a kid would be forced to remove it. That I disagree with. It's not like a school employee is wearing it or a school forcing kids to wear it.

That's where I feel things have gone too far. Afterall you see stories of teachers pushing agendas, with a religious type fervor, like LGBTQ issues pride month and even political view points. How is that any different than someone pushing a religion? They are both expressing a way of life or a philosophy of how to live your life, etc... They are not education based.

And again not religous, but I don't think it's any coincidence that the rise in school violence, mass shootings, certainly increased massively after we removed religion from schools. Too many kids today have no moral compass, feel there are no consequences for their actions. I don't think that's a coincidence.