OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Not sure what McDermott can offer. He's bounced around from active roster to practice squad a few times. Cut several times. Most recently back in April. I guess if they think they need more experience. But I wouldn't entertain the thought of him being a legit starter at 31. If he had it in him it woulda happened by now.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure what McDermott can offer. He's bounced around from active roster to practice squad a few times. Cut several times. Most recently back in April. I guess if they think they need more experience. But I wouldn't entertain the thought of him being a legit starter at 31. If he had it in him it woulda happened by now.
Camp body?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I agree but would still like a veteran OT to be added. Even just for the next month.

Right now, the 3rd and 4th OTs (Noteboom and McLendon) are the starters, with zero experience behind them. Add to that, since the 3rd Guard (Noteboom) is starting at Tackle, the 4th Guard (Thomas, Bruss or Leveston) is starting at Left Guard. Avila could be moved to LG but then either McAllister or Limmer start at Center; and, neither has ever played a snap in the NFL.

Yes ... please sign a veteran OT ... at least for the next month.

Best case scenario is that all three injured starters are ready for Detroit. If so, the vet OT could be released.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
They will likley pick up a vet who costs too much to keep as a 3rd OT by some rebuilding team.