OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
There is a huge difference

Kaep did it at football games

Butker did it outside football

If Kaep wants to say things about cops killing black people - go for it outside football.

What happens outside football stays out of football (unless it is something that is just wrong).

Unfortunately, everybody has their own definition of what is "JUST" wrong.

That might be fine for you, but far too many folks still held to Kaep not saying anything even outside of football.

I’m all for keeping the extra stuff out… I just want consistency…
Kaep wasn't asked to speak before a game on his thoughts on current events.

BTW, I still don't get what the kicker said that was so bad. He basically talked about how not to look down on being a mother & homemaker. He basically said it was a high calling to embrace that role. He never said it was a bad thing to be a career woman.

He also mentioned, correctly so, that single parent households were a huge problem in this country and called out the absentee fathers on that issue.

Too many mis-characterized what he said and the nerve to call fir the Chiefs to cut him over his beliefs were absurd.

Kaep doesnt have an NFL job because he wasnt good enough, no longer a starter, for teams to put up with his distractions.

I watched the entire thing. I have a religious education and studied for Seminary.

This is not the venue, but I feel confident that what he’s espoused in his multiple speaking engagements (not just the commencement address) is non-biblical (as opposed to using the Aramaic and Greek original texts) doctrine. He’s also absolutely not any kind of expert on public policy or sociology so at best he can offer an uninformed opinion and honestly, we’re all full on that.

That’s the problem *I* have.

And with that I’ll defend with my last breath his right to say what he’s said.

Edit: sorry. I hadn’t read the entire thread before responding. I’ll refrain from further comment

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Mackeyser

Embarrassed Shame GIF

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
theres no way they were fined for one fight. Every training camp has them. I remember practice ending early because the Rams and cowboys brawled. (Gurley landed a sweet German suplex on someone).

Fights happen during camps. It’s part of it.
He swung his helmet at a players head who did not have a helmet on, that should result in more than just a fine.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
He swung his helmet at a players head who did not have a helmet on, that should result in more than just a fine.
The topic on here has been so skewed that I'm not even certain which fight this is in reference to. If its the DK fight, I believe that was in practice. I don't think the NFL fines/suspends players for fights at practice.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I remember the 2017 NFL Draft.

So wanted the Rams to select JuJu Smith-Shuster with the high third round draft choice. Very Disappointed when the Steelers took him late in the second round.

By the way, the Rams wound-up drafting Cooper Kupp half-a-dozen picks later.

I would be an Awful General Manager
Not necessarily.
We could have taken juju with our second rnd pick before the Steelers.
Instead, we took Gerald Everett.

I was disappointed to see Everett over juju. I really expected us to take Juju, there.

We could have had Kupp and Juju. (Theoretically, of course)

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Not necessarily.
We could have taken juju with our second rnd pick before the Steelers.
Instead, we took Gerald Everett.

I was disappointed to see Everett over juju. I really expected us to take Juju, there.

We could have had Kupp and Juju. (Theoretically, of course)
Yes, they could have taken Smith-Shuster with their 2nd round pick.

There was a lot of speculation heading into the Draft that the Rams would select a TE with their second round pick. McVay had used a ton of two-TE sets in Washington, with Jordan Reed and Vernon Davis. The name that was frequently mentioned (as I recall) was Evan Engram but the Giants took him with their first round pick.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Yeah, that’s ugly.

Remember two/three seasons ago when a brown (garret?) hit a steeler QB (rudolph?) over the head with his own helmet? That most definitely WAS ugly. The offender should have been tossed, fined, and suspended, IMO.

What could a QB have possibly done to a defender to warrant such a vicious act? Unless the QB went Burt Reynolds/Longest Yard on him and beaned him in the cajones…

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Yes, they could have taken Smith-Shuster with their 2nd round pick.

There was a lot of speculation heading into the Draft that the Rams would select a TE with their second round pick. McVay had used a ton of two-TE sets in Washington, with Jordan Reed and Vernon Davis. The name that was frequently mentioned (as I recall) was Evan Engram but the Giants took him with their first round pick.
Yes, McVay had used a lotta 12 personnel before coming to the Rams, but Robert Woods was signed and Cooper Kupp was drafted. They set a standard for this team: everybody blocks.

I know that the idea of a more dynamic pass-catching TE to augment Higbee sounded good (we can always teach him to block, can’t we?) but the truth is, the Rams found out they didn’t really need to run 12 personnel that much to get extra blocking. It’s much better to have a good blocking WR than a TE, right? You have more options.

I read your post on another thread heralding the culture of the Rams as it pertains to their WRs and contrasts with the ayuck situation with the 9ers. I agree completely. Since Woods and Kupp helped kickstart the new culture by being lunchpail kinda guys at an extremely diva position, the Rams have not needed to run two TE sets that much. Nacua is now in line to carry on that aspect of the WR corps and possibly Whittington.

The best part? Those guys don't always come out of the 1rst round.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Yes, McVay had used a lotta 12 personnel before coming to the Rams, but Robert Woods was signed and Cooper Kupp was drafted. They set a standard for this team: everybody blocks.

I know that the idea of a more dynamic pass-catching TE to augment Higbee sounded good (we can always teach him to block, can’t we?) but the truth is, the Rams found out they didn’t really need to run 12 personnel that much to get extra blocking. It’s much better to have a good blocking WR than a TE, right? You have more options.

I read your post on another thread heralding the culture of the Rams as it pertains to their WRs and contrasts with the ayuck situation with the 9ers. I agree completely. Since Woods and Kupp helped kickstart the new culture by being lunchpail kinda guys at an extremely diva position, the Rams have not needed to run two TE sets that much. Nacua is now in line to carry on that aspect of the WR corps and possibly Whittington.

The best part? Those guys don't always come out of the 1rst round.
Yes ... the point I was making, was that the Expectation was because of his offense in Washington, the Rams would draft a TE high to compliment Higbee ... And They Did, with Gerald Everett.

The Rams also made the pre-season trade for Sammy Watkins; and, along with Woods and Kupp, wound-up playing a ton of 11 personnel.

Spoke well for McVay that he went with the strength of his skill position talent.

Last edited:

Haden

Kurt Warner for President
Name
Dave
The Jets are an f'd up organization. The Jets and Cleveland will screw things up continuously, as certain as the sun rises.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What an absolute fucking clown. Keep this idiot away from the Rams please.

It's not his fault the Jets traded for him knowing fully well he wanted a new contract and that was the only reason the eagles were trading him away. Then they refuse to give him a new contract.

Just a clown organisation.

Remember when denzel mims was in the doghouse and instead of trading him away for value they let him sit on the bench for two years and then cut him? They're clowns.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not his fault the Jets traded for him knowing fully well he wanted a new contract and that was the only reason the eagles were trading him away. Then they refuse to give him a new contract.

Just a clown organisation.

Remember when denzel mims was in the doghouse and instead of trading him away for value they let him sit on the bench for two years and then cut him? They're clowns.

Not denying the Jets are bad and poorly run but there's this too

View: https://x.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1823070286146568359