OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
...wait, Arik Armstead was released??? lol 49ers.
Back in March. The post-June designation is merely a salary cap consideration (an accounting issue).

Armstead signed with Jacksonville the first day of Free Agency (three years / $51M).

The Niners signed veteran DL Jordan Elliott and traded for Maliek Collins to replace Armstead.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think Jefferson just broke the free agency market. Better to ship them off and try your luck in the draft with the plethora of wrs coming into the draft every year.

Counterpoint. The titans dealing aj Brown and using the pick they got on burks.

How confident are teams in picking the right wr? Well find out in the next couple of years how teams go.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Man, I gotta think this is really the championship or bust year for the 49ers. They gotta pay Purdy next year. Still need to pay Aiyuk. It would be a mistake to trade him. He's the one receiver who can consistently run good routes and get open down the field for Purdy. But with several players cap numbers increasing quite a bit next year, I see them in a position to have to make some tough choices on who to keep.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Man, I gotta think this is really the championship or bust year for the 49ers. They gotta pay Purdy next year. Still need to pay Aiyuk.

Eventually, the Niners will be cap constrained; and need to find quality, young and less expensive talent. However, I don't think they will be in trouble as early as 2025. Huge, long-term contract extensions are usually cap friendly for the first (and often) second years of the deal.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Armstead's a loss for the shitters. Dude did a lot of dirty work for them on that front.

dang

Legend
Armstead's a loss for the shitters. Dude did a lot of dirty work for them on that front.
I said last year there were 3 players on the 69ers I respected (other than being tainted by 69er stench):
McC
Armstead
Purdy
Anyone else on that team can eat a big whale turd.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Who's the second best person on that Dline now. They have Bosa and who else?
Nobody of real note. I think they're going to be less dominating up front for sure this season. They did add Leo, but outside of him giving his best vs the Rams I doubt he gives them good return.

Seems like we might bully those bastards this season up front on offense. God I hope so at least.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Eventually, the Niners will be cap constrained; and need to find quality, young and less expensive talent. However, I don't think they will be in trouble as early as 2025. Huge, long-term contract extensions are usually cap friendly for the first (and often) second years of the deal.

The “pillars” I see possibly accelerating the demise of the 9ers are trent “cheapshot” williams and their TE. Both have been banged up and, IMO, are near the end of their celebrity.

Cap-wise? They’re in good shape right now. Once they deal with ayuck though, things will dramatically change.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The “pillars” I see possibly accelerating the demise of the 9ers are trent “cheapshot” williams and their TE. Both have been banged up and, IMO, are near the end of their celebrity.

Cap-wise? They’re in good shape right now. Once they deal with ayuck though, things will dramatically change.
I sure hope you're right.
I keep waiting for their cap to blow up, but every time they sign someone, they end up with more cap space.
I am starting to wonder if extending Purdy is even in their plans, that they are so over confident in their "system" where they feel they can win with a low cost option.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

I hope so but I don't think they are looking at any short-term cap issues.

From the post above, the McCaffrey extension saves the Niners almost $12M over the next two years.

Aiyuk carries a $14M cap hit this season. A long-term extension will probably give them short-term cap relief.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
We should just keep drafting day 3 WRs and turning them into pro bowlers
Ncishawaii GIF by CBS

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
McCaffrey signs two year extension for $38M. No details yet on the extension (guaranteed/milestones) so not posting a link until I see it.
He deserves it, but his injury history could make them regret it.
Nobody of real note. I think they're going to be less dominating up front for sure this season. They did add Leo, but outside of him giving his best vs the Rams I doubt he gives them good return.

Seems like we might bully those bastards this season up front on offense. God I hope so at least.
Javon Hargrave