OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
in todays NFL, WR isn't the hardest position to find good enough talent to take you all the way. QB of course is the most important. After that it is probably a mater of opinion, but the Left Tackle, cornerback, pass rusher are harder to find and I think deserve more than WR.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
When a dumbass owner throws ten times what a player is worth, it's not "market value", it's just stupid and other teams shouldn't have to match dumbass overblown contracts.
"Market Reset", more like "Owner Insanity". Some players now getting paid over 3 mil a game, teams paying over 25% of their salary cap to just three or four players on the team.

Won't be long til we see the 1st billion $ contract, 100$ parking and 50$ hot dogs.

dang

Legend
Lamb didnt put it out there, or take it to social media. Dont know where this "Rickey" got the quote but as always we dont know where it came from or it what context.
Its just like the Stafford nonsense from a little while back when it was social media'd that he wanted a new deal, more money blah blah blah, meanwhile the only thing he apparently desires is guaranteed money
I admit I may have been premature to assume Lamb put that out there. He’s a top 5 receiver in the league and should be looking for another big payday. I get ruffled when it plays out on social media and includes a “supposed” demand for trade if not fulfilled. I’d be just as pissed if it involved Nacua or Kupp but I’d double check to make sure they put it out there before injecting my worthless opinion.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
When a dumbass owner throws ten times what a player is worth, it's not "market value", it's just stupid and other teams shouldn't have to match dumbass overblown contracts.
"Market Reset", more like "Owner Insanity". Some players now getting paid over 3 mil a game, teams paying over 25% of their salary cap to just three or four players on the team.

Won't be long til we see the 1st billion $ contract, 100$ parking and 50$ hot dogs.
Yea but if a second owner is willing, it becomes market value. The only time I've seen "Owner insanity" as you put it, is the Browns and that Deshaun Watson contract.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’d be just as pissed if it involved Nacua or Kupp but I’d double check to make sure they put it out there before injecting my worthless opinion.
I sure hope that this is just a joke, and not suggesting that I insulted the value of your opinion. If I had, it was not my intention and apologize
I remember Kupp being due for a contract extension, and IIRC it was signed very quietly, I sure hope Nacua is the same

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
"...got married in a chapel located in the Watch Hill neighborhood of Westerly"

Sort of my stomping grounds for a few teen years. I grew up in Westerly (assuming of course, that I actually "grew up"). My grandpa was the captain/skipper/first mate on a sailboat, for a local senator - so, for a few years I got some sailing in... and I worked at a local business there during the summer.

Watch Hill is a tony little burb, mostly inhabited in the summer, by much wealthy folks than I, from other states/cities. Right, Taylor? :woozy2:

dang

Legend
I sure hope that this is just a joke, and not suggesting that I insulted the value of your opinion. If I had, it was not my intention and apologize
I remember Kupp being due for a contract extension, and IIRC it was signed very quietly, I sure hope Nacua is the same
No worries. It was a self-deprecating dig. I always try to inject humbleness into my opinions.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Do you mean like when the Rams overpaid Gurley?

Yea but if a second owner is willing, it becomes market value. The only time I've seen "Owner insanity" as you put it, is the Browns and that Deshaun Watson contract.

And then the Cowboys followed suit by overpaying the little Ewok fella.

Wouldn’t it be weird if receiver contracts suddenly followed that same path and plummeted?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Cowboys are running out of time to avoid a mess​

The Cowboys have gone from “all-in” to potential five-alarm fire.

They couldn’t enhance the team in free agency because they needed to figure out contract situations with three key players: quarterback Dak Prescott, receiver CeeDee Lamb, and linebacker Micah Parsons. As training camp approaches, they still haven’t solved a single one of those problems.

It’s potentially going to blow up later this month.

In just over three weeks, the Cowboys report for camp. They start practicing in Oxnard on July 25.

Lamb, who skipped the entire offseason program (including mandatory minicamp), reportedly isn’t planning to show up for training camp without a new deal. He’s entering his fifth-year option, at a salary of $17.991 million. That’s roughly half of the current top of the market at his position, i.e., $35 million.

Per the NFLPA, the Cowboys have $13 million in cap space. A new deal with Dak would create more of it by driving down his cap number for 2024 from $55.4 million. That said, a new deal for Lamb also could create current-year cap space via a big signing bonus and a minimal salary. For example, a five-year deal with a $30 million signing bonus and a minimum base salary of $1.17 million would trim more than $10 million from his current-year cap number, sending it to $7.17 million.

This approach would create bigger cap years in the future, of course, and that’s one of the reasons the Cowboys currently are in this pickle. In addition to Prescott’s $55.4 million for 2024, he counts for $54.5 million in 2025 — even if he’s not on the team. Only a new deal knocks down those numbers. Which is one of the reasons why Dak has so much leverage.

Then there’s Parsons. He’s due to make only $2.9 million this year. He should not set foot on a football field until he gets a new deal.

Sure, he has said he’s willing to be patient. He shouldn’t be. He should insist on a new deal right now, and he should hold out until he gets one.

Five years ago, the holdout from running back Ezekiel Elliott was unexpected. If both Parsons and Lamb stay away, and if Dak doesn’t drop his cap numbers for the next two years with a new deal, the Cowboys will have a huge mess on their hands.

Even with those three players in the fold, the team’s mishandling of their contracts already has undermined the prospects for 2024. Last year, the Cowboys stumbled into an unlikely division title (thanks in large part to a full-blown Philly meltdown) before being blown out at home in the playoffs. This year, as the other teams of the NFC East have gotten better, Dallas has dogpaddled to stay the course.

In a sink or swim league, 2024 could be a season of sink and stink for Dallas. The damage arguably has been done. The only question now is whether the situation gets magnified by one or two key players staying away from camp until they get what they want.

Psycho_X

Legend
That's great that three of the biggest paid positions are all ready for their payday. They've got them by the balls really. Lamb and Parsons will have to play at some point to get their 5th year but it'd really screw up the Cowboys season if they held out for however many games they'd be allowed to. But Cowgirls can't do much until Dak gets sorted. Dak has 4 void years after this year already hitting their cap too. In 2025 it's $44 million cap hit on a void year. Teams need to stop doing that cause once that practice started it let teams be stupid when it comes to giving out contracts even more so than before and only helped contribute to skyrocketing cap numbers alongside the revenue increases.

Personally, if I was Dak I'd play it out. I'm not a Dak fan at all but he's a decent QB and will make top dollar if he hits free agency. Plus, he can see if he can get on a team not being managed by a dipshit.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

and that is the real problem isn't. The owners don't pay we do.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Hesitant to put anything about Goff after the last clusterfuck happened in his contract thread but I'll just sneak it in here. Well, until someone decides to make their own thread anyway.

Anyhoo, gratz to bagging this chick.

View: https://x.com/TMZ/status/1805262813725655480

Detroit Lions QB Jared Goff continues epic year, marries model Christen Harper
Ahmad Garnett

Detroit Lions quarterback Jared Goff married his fiancée, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model Christen Harper, at the Ojai Valley Inn in Ojai, California, on Saturday. The couple has been engaged since 2022, and has been together since meeting on a dating app in 2019.

Goff, 29, is coming off a fantastic season for the Lions. He had the second-most passing yards in the NFL with 4,575, and was fourth in passing touchdowns with 30.

In May, he signed a four-year contract extension worth $212 million, with $170 million guaranteed.

"Blessed," Goff wrote in May in an Instagram post about signing his new deal. "Fired up to continue to play for this city and the greatest fans in the world! Appreciate all the love I've received this past week."

Goff was not the only one garnering accomplishments before the marriage: Harper was named 2022 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Rookie of the Year.

Detroit Lions quarterback Jared Goff (16) walks off the field after practice during OTAs at Detroit Lions headquarters and training facility in Allen Park on Thursday, May 30, 2024.
Goff and the Lions have been the talk of the city and the NFL, after a 12-5 regular season in 2023, winning two playoff games and coming within a few plays of going to their first-ever Super Bowl.

"Jared Goff" chants have been shouted across town at Red Wings games, Pistons games, grocery stores and at the NFL draft in Detroit in late April.

Lions training camp begins in late July, and fans are ready to see what the Lions can do in the 2024 campaign which has them with a Super Bowl in mind.

What dating app do you find swimsuit models??? I've checked Craigslist backpages for years.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Personally, if I was Dak I'd play it out. I'm not a Dak fan at all but he's a decent QB and will make top dollar if he hits free agency. Plus, he can see if he can get on a team not being managed by a dipshit.
If I'm the Cowboys, I'm paying Lamb without blinking and letting Dak test the market. Like you said, he costs them 40 mill next year. I dont however see teams throwing big money at him, going in to his age 32 season. If they dont win big this year, there's going to be big changes in Big D and keeping Lamb around gives them a legit weapon to offer their new QB