OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This just gets worse and worse for the Texans and Bills both. What a shit show. They shortened his deal too so now he's no longer a part of the comp pick formula. Texans sent a 2nd to Buffalo for a 1 year rental with a major attitude problem.

View: https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1775992739907203260?t=HraJ7t04A73aDiRfveuqXQ&s=19

Crazy good for Diggs. Wow.

Texans? WTH?

Report: Texans wiped out final three years of Stefon Diggs’ contract​

The Texans reworked Stefon Diggs’ contract after acquiring him from the Bills.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Houston wiped out the final three years of the receiver’s deal, giving him an ability to become a free agent after this season.

The Texans also took the $3.5 million guaranteed to Diggs next season and moved it into this season. That assures Diggs of $22.52 million in guaranteed money in 2024.

Diggs has no guaranteed money left on his contract after this season, but he had been scheduled to make $18 million, $19.1 million and $14.495 million in base salary in 2025, 2026 and 2027.

Diggs will be motivated to show the Bills they erred in trading him and show the rest of the league what he’s worth in free agency in 2025.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Crazy good for Diggs. Wow.

Texans? WTH?

Report: Texans wiped out final three years of Stefon Diggs’ contract​

The Texans reworked Stefon Diggs’ contract after acquiring him from the Bills.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Houston wiped out the final three years of the receiver’s deal, giving him an ability to become a free agent after this season.

The Texans also took the $3.5 million guaranteed to Diggs next season and moved it into this season. That assures Diggs of $22.52 million in guaranteed money in 2024.

Diggs has no guaranteed money left on his contract after this season, but he had been scheduled to make $18 million, $19.1 million and $14.495 million in base salary in 2025, 2026 and 2027.

Diggs will be motivated to show the Bills they erred in trading him and show the rest of the league what he’s worth in free agency in 2025.
I don’t understand. How can they wipe out his contract? Does it still apply to the cap?

WestCoastRam

Legend
Yeah that Texas deal is eeeeeeeeeh though I think they can expect the best version of Diggs (less head-casery) given that he'll be playing for his next contract.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yeah that Texas deal is eeeeeeeeeh though I think they can expect the best version of Diggs (less head-casery) given that he'll be playing for his next contract.
I’m not so sure.

I don’t think being a head case, is something that a head case can just set aside.
Being a dumbass, is what head cases do best.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Andrew is good he'll catch on somewhere. Hope we can keep him for Rams preseason too.
He has enough clout and talent to move on as a media solo act on x. But yeah the Rams should get him to do shows. He's a pro. Can you imagine if they inked him to run their shows. Pair him with Demarco and some ex Rams for unparalleled coverage.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Texans really going for it. I think that ensures Diggs gives you all he's got in 2024 which is scary with that QB throwing to him.

But it feels inefficient as hell in draft value. Only way it works out is if they are sure they can ink him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Texans really going for it. I think that ensures Diggs gives you all he's got in 2024 which is scary with that QB throwing to him.

But it feels inefficient as hell in draft value. Only way it works out is if they are sure they can ink him.
I'm just not a fan of their 2 trades. Move out of the firsts for a 2nd this and next tear? Then trade for Diggs who's talented but a major head case. I was reading he just disappeared the 2nd half last year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah lot of risk. Thing with Diggs though is he is damn near uncoverable when he is rolling. He made Ramsey look like Toast Patterson. So this is a big threat coming in to the Texans offense and he will be dialed in.

Team that really takes it in the shorts will be the one that signs him long term though. He will at some point return to infuriating inconsistency.

But he would be my #1 WR for fantasy this year.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
you never date a woman with BPD before

Hate to be that person, but not everyone with bipolar or Borderline Personality is a headcase. My sister and I both have bipolar, and she has BPD. She did struggle with it as a teen, but now she's a trusted scrub tech for a lot of doctors, and her boyfriend and her are going strong as of now.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t understand. How can they wipe out his contract? Does it still apply to the cap?
I'm not an expert but I think it's because all/most of his guaranteed money is being paid by the bills. I will, however, bow to our bestest cap guru Allen2Mcvay. He is always spot on.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I'm not an expert but I think it's because all/most of his guaranteed money is being paid by the bills. I will, however, bow to our bestest cap guru Allen2Mcvay. He is always spot on.

If I am the best ROD has (I am not) then ROD is in a Lot-of-Trouble.

Truthfully, I just rely upon the two sites ... Over-the-Cap and Spotrac, and look for consistency between them.

As to the question posed by @Elmgrovegnome ('Does it still apply to the cap'), the answer is No.

Last edited:

WestCoastRam

Legend
Hate to be that person, but not everyone with bipolar or Borderline Personality is a headcase. My sister and I both have bipolar, and she has BPD. She did struggle with it as a teen, but now she's a trusted scrub tech for a lot of doctors, and her boyfriend and her are going strong as of now.
Very true. No one said anything about bipolar though.

Also, we don't usually diagnose teens with BPD. Not sure why she would have received one then. A growing brain at that stage can't really be differentiated from BPD characteristics until later in life. Perhaps she was misdiagnosed.