OFFICIAL 2024 NFL News: Trades, cuts, free agency, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Wow watch Jones have a career game against us.
Fuck That. Think about this.

The Rams give-away Jones for a late round pick-swap.

Two months later, the Titans, GET a good veteran ILB (better than what the Rams currently have at ILB); AND a 4th Round Draft Choice!

I love McVay and really like Snead; and I feel fortunate the Rams have them but the Jones decision and deal was Absolutely Horrible.

Psycho_X

Legend
Rams still play them twice, could be 2 career games.....
So the Titans get a 4th round pick and a player while all the Rams could muster was a pick swap. Unreal
I need clarity on this, so we got a 2026 5th for Jones and a CONDITIONAL 2026 6th round pick. What was the conditions for that 6th? I don't remember and googling doesn't give me an obvious answer. So maybe we don't have to give that at least?

I'm assuming the Seahawks draft pick is in 2025. Maybe the Titans are eating salary which made the trade comp better? I don't know, a couple pieces of info need known before I can judge this. Either way, Titans clearly didn't care about resigning Jones either after this year so got what they could get now.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I need clarity on this, so we got a 2026 5th for Jones and a CONDITIONAL 2026 6th round pick. What was the conditions for that 6th? I don't remember and googling doesn't give me an obvious answer. So maybe we don't have to give that at least?

I'm assuming the Seahawks draft pick is in 2025. Maybe the Titans are eating salary which made the trade comp better? I don't know, a couple pieces of info need known before I can judge this. Either way, Titans clearly didn't care about resigning Jones either after this year so got what they could get now.
Rams traded Ernest Jones AND a 6th round pick for a 5th round pick. Was a pick swap. Titans got a 4th rounder and a player for him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol imagine complimenting the GM that traded all that they did for Jamaal Adams and gave him that huge contract.

Psycho_X

Legend
Rams traded Ernest Jones AND a 6th round pick for a 5th round pick. Was a pick swap. Titans got a 4th rounder and a player for him.
I know, that's what I just said, we traded Jones and a conditional 6th round pick for their 5th. I don't know what the conditions are for the 6th was my point. Playing time or stats or whatever... can't find that info.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know, that's what I just said, we traded Jones and a conditional 6th round pick for their 5th. I don't know what the conditions are for the 6th was my point. Playing time or stats or whatever... can't find that info.
You said the Rams got a 2026 5th for Jones and a CONDITIONAL 2026 6th round pick, not for a conditional pick. Maybe I just read it wrong.
Jones is only due about 1.5 mill so I dont think there's any sort of cash savings either.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Was also the guy who got 2 1st round picks, 2 2nd round picks and a bunch of players for Russell Wilson
1729703332180.png

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Wtf is this shit? Lmao

Makes me that much more curious what is the behind the scenes reason we traded Jones, Titans probably the first team that called and we just jettisoned his ass which tells me our FO was pissed off for some reason.
...then he pissed off the titans - and the Seahawks called first...
So - welcome to rain country!