2024 NFL Draft Talk, News, Rumors, and Selections

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Joe Alt comes to mind and only Maye from the QBs outside the consensus top 2

We already have two foundational players at WR. My question is do we really need a third in such a terrifically deep draft at the position?
Nate Tice loves Olu Fashanu. So do the PFF guys. So it could be either. The Rams did go out to PSU, maybe it was to visit Olu and chop was a smokescreen.

Remember, the first free agent acquisitions the Rams made when McVay arrived were Big Whit and Robert Woods. Two priorities for McVay were Left Tackle and Receiver.

I think it’s OLT but I’m hoping it is Odunze. Tice calls him a better Chris Godwin.

If it’s a QB I hope it’s Maye, but seems highly unlikely to be a top three pick.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yes on Alt and Maye. I'd add that any franchise LT such as Fashanu would also be a foundational piece. Same with the top 3 WRs. Any super elite talent that they build the team around is foundational IMO.

On your very good question, consider that they may know that Kupp is losing a step. We're not privy to their internal analytics.
Plus we don’t know how they felt about Aleric Jackson leaving for family matters during the season. He was a UDFA. Maybe he’s not a great cultural fit.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Odunze is really something. I'm seeing mocks moving him above Nabers, who I would also be very happy with, but I think that's mostly just boredom waiting on the draft.

One guy I could see Odunze going before, though, is Harrison. Just saying. He's not in the class of these others in quicks. He's more of a "own the middle" type who can bust a long one for you or stretch it when you need. I know he's got long speed based on his GPS scores in games, but quickness is not his forte. And him not running sort of cements that I think.

So even though we've all sort of written Harrison off as a possibility he could be part of that equation for McVay.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Odunze is really something. I'm seeing mocks moving him above Nabers, who I would also be very happy with, but I think that's mostly just boredom waiting on the draft.

One guy I could see Odunze going before, though, is Harrison. Just saying. He's not in the class of these others in quicks. He's more of a "own the middle" type who can bust a long one for you or stretch it when you need. I know he's got long speed based on his GPS scores in games, but quickness is not his forte. And him not running sort of cements that I think.

So even though we've all sort of written Harrison off as a possibility he could be part of that equation for McVay.
One thing I keep reading from the draft pundits is these top 4 with Thomas Jr on any other year could be the best WR in the draft but they're all stuck together this year. I don't think there's a wrong pick among those top 3.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
So Chicago wants more offers than what the Rams have on the table.
I could see the Steelers being a big contender for trading up. They'd love an Oduze also.
Yeah I'm afraid the Whiners trading one of their WRs and a couple 1sts to jump up and get Odunze.
Yuck.......

I'd really only be very happy about the trade up if it was one of those 3, don't really care too much which one. They are all outstanding.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah. Can’t stand all the pre-event bollocks. I’ll tune in when the draft starts, if I’m still awake.
They were talking about Nabers Harrison Jr and Odunze and Smith said he thinks Thomas Jr will be better than Nabers in the end. He wasn't asked to run the whole route tree but he works on it and can do it and will be better in the end. :D

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Nope it doesn't affect him. Might shorten Higs remains time here though. I just don't see the TE angle to moving in. I get Odunze though.
I don’t see it either.
McVay had both Higs and Everett, but was still reluctant to run 12P.

McVay wants to throw down field again, is my guess.
Protect Stafford and let it rip.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
They were talking about Nabers Harrison Jr and Odunze and Smith said he thinks Thomas Jr will be better than Nabers in the end. He wasn't asked to run the whole route tree but he works on it and can do it and will be better in the end. :D
But he can’t catch the ball, which is a prerequisite for a wide receiver.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But he can’t catch the ball, which is a prerequisite for a wide receiver.
He can't? Wonder how he had 17 touchdowns then. Literally every 4th time he caught the ball it was a TD. Strange how that happens if he can't catch the ball.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
He can't? Wonder how he had 17 touchdowns then. Literally every 4th time he caught the ball it was a TD. Strange how that happens if he can't catch the ball.
Watch his videos instead of looking at the stats. So many egregious drops…

Anyway, what we think doesn’t matter. I just hope that the Rams’ brains trust don’t draft him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I would take that bet. Good as Smith is he's like everyone else in that nobody bats a thousand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Watch his videos instead of looking at the stats. So many egregious drops…

Anyway, what we think doesn’t matter. I just hope that the Rams’ brains trust don’t draft him.
He had 5 drops last year. He was pretty bad against main coverage as well. If this is who they are trading up for I'll be quite unhappy.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If we're trading up in the top ten for a wide receiver, it had better be Nabors or MHJr. I love Odunze, but I think he's more of a top twenty than top ten receiver.