OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Arrests/Lawsuits/Legal Stuff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Is he a dumb kid? Yes.

Did he intentionally beat or kill anyone ? No

The guy still has the right to make a living playing football.

It’s very possible that he may have learned a huge life lesson.

I wouldn’t stay away entirely, but I would proceed with caution and lower his grade.

I don’t get the Lynch mobs that want to hang a kid for doing something stupid.
Kids are great at doing stupid shit.
He’s worked his entire life to reach the NFL. It was a bad decision. That’s the concern. Is he going to continue to make bad decisions and how high a draft pick do you want the team to invest in him. Character is high on the Rams list supposedly. He’s definitely a bit of a riskier pick now.

Last edited:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Is he a dumb kid? Yes.

I wouldn’t stay away entirely, but I would proceed with caution and lower his grade.

Did he intentionally drive drunk? Yes.

Did he kill anyone? Thankfully, no.

This is what's alarming.

Brugler said, "According to a team source, Sweat has been up front with NFL teams about his "partying" as an underclassman. And made it a point of emphasis in interviews that it was all in the past. Obviously, today's incident (3 wks from the NFL Draft) won't help answer any concerns w/ teams."

So it's obviously come up and he's said, it's all in the past. Not so. So what do teams do?

As far as "lynch mob", what???? Way off. It's simply reading the tea leaves and knowing this is gonna hurt him. Do you blame anybody for not wanting the guy? Especially after he's said "it's in the past"? It's not the NFL's job to give out second chances. But he'll probably get one anyway.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Terrible timing for him.

But no way is he off my draft board. We've shown what kind of culture we can build in this organization and that avails us the opportunity to take chances on players like this. He's a kid, he made a mistake.... people took Randy Moss....Laremy Tunsil...and Warren Sapp off their draft boards, and lots of folks regretted that..

The weight at combine was a red flag for me.
Add this to that and I’m out.. unless we’re talking a 5th round comp pick.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Is he a dumb kid? Yes.

I think there’s a lot of real estate between saying the Rams should not draft him and a lynch mob.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Did he intentionally drive drunk? Yes.

Did he kill anyone? Thankfully, no.

This is what's alarming.

Brugler said, "According to a team source, Sweat has been up front with NFL teams about his "partying" as an underclassman. And made it a point of emphasis in interviews that it was all in the past. Obviously, today's incident (3 wks from the NFL Draft) won't help answer any concerns w/ teams."

So it's obviously come up and he's said, it's all in the past. Not so. So what do teams do?

As far as "lynch mob", what???? Way off. It's simply reading the tea leaves and knowing this is gonna hurt him. Do you blame anybody for not wanting the guy? Especially after he's said "it's in the past"? It's not the NFL's job to give out second chances. But he'll probably get one anyway.
What was his alcohol level?
Has that even been reported?

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
At least there should be.
I can only speak for myself.

I had him rated as a 2nd round prospect. Based on this incident, I don’t trust him enough to invest the 52nd selection on him. Maybe if he keeps falling, he might be worth the risk, but I’d be pretty concerned about a guy who gets in trouble this close to the draft.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
You're right. That hasn't been reported. Most states use 0.8 as the mendoza line. So he was either a little impaired or moderately impaired or heavily impaired. What do all those catagories have in common? Impaired. And in either case, what's you view? A little is okay? Moderate? It's pretty clear, he tested positive for stupidity!!!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If that drops him down to the 5th round I'd definitely be in favor of giving him a shot. But my guess is, while it may drop him out of the second round I doubt he'd make it past the 3rd or 4th.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I can only speak for myself.

I had him rated as a 2nd round prospect. Based on this incident, I don’t trust him enough to invest the 52nd selection on him. Maybe if he keeps falling, he might be worth the risk, but I’d be pretty concerned about a guy who gets in trouble this close to the draft.
Yeah. It’s definitely going to hurt his draft stock.

Foolish thing to do anytime, but weeks before the draft is an expensive hit for the kid.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Police affidavit indicates T’Vondre Sweat’s BAC was 0.105​

More facts are emerging regarding the recent DWI arrest of former Texas defensive tackle T’Vondre Sweat.

The police affidavit, posted by Anwar Richardson of OrangeBloods.com, contains some important information.

First, and most importantly, Sweat’s blood-alcohol concentration was measured at 0.105 percent. That’s more than 25 percent over the legal limit.

As previously noted, it takes a considerable amount of alcohol to get a 366-pound man to 0.105 percent BAC.

The BAC was measured at 6:08 a.m. The officer arrived on the scene of a two-car accident at 4:41 a.m. It’s possible, and perhaps likely, that Sweat’s BAC was higher at the time of the incident, and that it dropped in the ensuing 87 minutes.

The affidavit from the officer indicates a “strong” odor of alcohol and visible “swaying” from Sweat.

Sweat surely will be asked plenty of questions about the situation during his visits with teams in the days leading up to the draft. The full impact on his draft status will be influenced by the effectiveness and perceived truthfulness of his answers.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
What defense does he have? 0.106 90 minutes after the stop? His best bet is to claim addiction, get treatment and all may be forgiven. As far as his future is concerned. Like Dodgersrf said, he didn't kill anybody. I'd add, he didn't punch his girlfriend. He wasn't street racing. And he didn't rob anybody. If the kid has a problem with alchohol.....and that's what it looks like since he's told teams his partying is in the past....he needs help. It's too late to help his draft slot but that doesn't seem to be the most important issue at the moment.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
A lot of the NFL guys have character flaws it just that they have Agents and PR people that help sanitize their images. Some of the NFL legends were notorious for their exploits. IMO he was not worth a second round where many had him slotted, However, if this latest incident causes Sweat to slide to the 5th round he would be worth the it IMO.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Oddly enough, in the laundry list of charges, hit and run is not amongst them. Yet there is a video of him doing just that. Wonder what he's going to plea down to and if he'll land in jail for this.

If WR wasn't already top on KC's list, it has to be now.

dang

Legend
Oddly enough, in the laundry list of charges, hit and run is not amongst them. Yet there is a video of him doing just that. Wonder what he's going to plea down to and if he'll land in jail for this.

If WR wasn't already top on KC's list, it has to be now.
KC…we got your WR right here at R1.19. How Bad do you want it?

Last edited: