OFFICIAL 2024 NFL Arrests/Lawsuits/Legal Stuff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Bad decision first snd foremost. Bad timing secondarily. Hopefully he learns from this situation. Don’t let it define you.
Happy for him to have a redemption tour - it just better be somewhere else.

Take him off the board Les.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Bad decision first and foremost. Bad timing secondarily.
Normally. But there's always the Raiders and the Browns, who seem to ignore that type of stuff. I'd say this puts him in the 4th round or lower.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Take him the fuck off the board, please and thank you. There's no way I take a chance on him, now that he's proven that his character has problems.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Normally. But there's always the Raiders and the Browns, who seem to ignore that type of stuff. I'd say this puts him in the 4th round or lower.
Don't forget the Bengals :) They'd love to get him on the cheap.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Take him the fuck off the board, please and thank you. There's no way I take a chance on him, now that he's proven that his character has problems.
I actually just watched the pre draft ESPN show on him yesterday. He seems like a good kid and a great relationship with his mom.

But from that show, the reason he would be in my no draft list is because of the weight. Just 2-3 years ago as a freshman/soph, he had the body of a TE/DE. That huge weight gain is troubling. Sure he was successful this past year. But dang, that’s a risk I would not take with someone who has weight issues at that age.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion

Memphis Ram

Legend
Oddly enough, this makes Sweat more palatable to me.
That is if he were available as day three dart throw and not the day one or day two pick some were suggesting.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd take him in the 4th round. But drunk at 2 in the afternoon? WTF! Should have been working out somewhere. Still... he's just a kid. He'll pay the price and then hopefully learn from it.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Quick check of projected 2024 rookie deals shows that late-Round 1 contracts are around $14M total value; and mid-Round 2 are about $8M in total value.

That is an average of $11M total contract value; and rookies pretty much collect all that amount.

An early-Round 3 pick gets a contract that totals about $6M.

So if Sweat drops to the top of the Third Round, he has probably just lost about $5M.

THAT was one Expensive Cocktail!
1712531272239.png

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Is he a dumb kid? Yes.

Did he intentionally beat or kill anyone ? No

The guy still has the right to make a living playing football.

It’s very possible that he may have learned a huge life lesson.

I wouldn’t stay away entirely, but I would proceed with caution and lower his grade.

I don’t get the Lynch mobs that want to hang a kid for doing something stupid.
Kids are great at doing stupid shit.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Bad decision first snd foremost. Bad timing secondarily. Hopefully he learns from this situation. Don’t let it define you.
Not sure if he's an alcoholic, but we do seem to have the ability to fuck up at the worst times. And this would qualify for the worst time to get a DUI, just weeks before the opportunity to make life changing amounts of $.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is he a dumb kid? Yes.

Did he intentionally beat or kill anyone ? No

The guy still has the right to make a living playing football.

It’s very possible that he may have learned a huge life lesson.

I wouldn’t stay away entirely, but I would proceed with caution and lower his grade.

I don’t get the Lynch mobs that want to hang a kid for doing something stupid.
Kids are great at doing stupid shit.
Agreed but this part makes him an idiot.

View: https://twitter.com/dpbrugler/status/1777101470816436572

dang

Legend
I'll never get the stupidity. I'll admit, Uber costs are ridiculous right now, but not for a well paid guy like Sweat (even with just NIL). Dude just dropped from the 2nd round to the 4th or worse and thats gonna hit his bank account hard.
It could be a wrong place/wrong time out of character situation. Or it could be an indication of a bigger problem (substance or maturity). He’ll get a chance to redeem himself (As he should) but his draft status will take a pretty big hit IMO.

Last edited:

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I had serious concerns about a guy who hit the combine at 365… he’d be completely off my board now.

View: https://x.com/remadnakxan/status/1777065019009564799?s=46

Terrible timing for him.

But no way is he off my draft board. We've shown what kind of culture we can build in this organization and that avails us the opportunity to take chances on players like this. He's a kid, he made a mistake.... people took Randy Moss....Laremy Tunsil...and Warren Sapp off their draft boards, and lots of folks regretted that..

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

"Hit me in the head with a hammer the next time I want to pick a dumb player".