2024 Dodgers thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Nice start to the series. They have the Dodgers starting pitcher listed as TBD. It would be Buehler's turn in the rotation. I wonder if Roberts no longer trusts Buehler? He's struggled all year to return to form. Are we looking at another bullpen game?

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And when L.A. left fielder Teoscar Hernández reached over the wall down the left-field line to catch the inning-ending out in the sixth, the Dodgers’ scoreless streak had gone all the way to 30 innings, leaving only the ‘66 Orioles with a longer stretch of scoreless baseball.
I noticed a nice ’assist‘ from the ball boy or girl getting themselves, and the chair they were sitting on, out of the way on that play.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Looks like Brasier is starting this one. So another bullpen game. Its been effectives so why not? But again, the only thing that worries me with so many different pitchers in one game, what are the odds sooner or later one guy doesn't have it that day? Especially with the strike zone. But you can't worry about that. With all the injuries to so many starters its the only option.

Yamamoto will likely only have one start. Flaherty will have at least two. I felt long before the playoffs started the Dodgers odds of making it to the World Series were not good. You need a deep rotation to win it all. I know its by necessity, but maybe this might be a new trend. If they win it all I'd count this one as Roberts best managing job of his career. He seems to be pulling the right strings.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Welp, there goes the scoreless innings streak. In a big way. Brasier ended it giving up a lead off homerun. Then Knack comes in and gives up 5 more runs. At this point a win is not likely. I'd just let Knack go a few more innings to save the bullpen for Wednesday.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Man, when he loaded the bases again, I thought he should be pulled. Can you imagine what it would do to the poor kid if he gave up 2 grand slams in consecutive innings? His confidence would be totally shot. Fortunately he induced a fly ball out. So as long as he's not in danger of giving up another big inning I'd let him go a couple more. Maybe it will help him get his confidence back. Something they might need for him later on.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
If they win it all I'd count this one as Roberts best managing job of his career. He seems to be pulling the right strings.
I think it's safe to say he's already done the best managing job of his career. They have an entire pitching staff on IL and they're in the NLCS. Win it all? What a bunch of greedy fookers!!!

Get to the World Series? I think that's highly possible!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think it's safe to say he's already done the best managing job of his career. They have an entire pitching staff on IL and they're in the NLCS. Win it all? What a bunch of greedy fookers!!!

Get to the World Series? I think that's highly possible!
Not to mention long stints without guys like Betts and Muncy.

Robert’s has done an amazing job this year.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I hate the 2-3-2 format in a 7 game series. All it takes is 1 win in the first 2 to make it a best of 5 with the advantage going the other way. 2 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 1 is the right way. Travel money? Give me a break! Extending the series too long? They're already playing in November by the current format. Dumb. The idea of playing so hard to earn the advantage should mean keeping the advantage throughout.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I hate the 2-3-2 format in a 7 game series. All it takes is 1 win in the first 2 to make it a best of 5 with the advantage going the other way. 2 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 1 is the right way. Travel money? Give me a break! Extending the series too long? They're already playing in November by the current format. Dumb.
I’ve never liked it either.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Buehler's on the mound tonight. He's struggled all year since coming back from the Tommy John surgery. His era is over 5 for the season. Over 8 for the playoffs. Their offense will need to score.
Don't underestimate the heart of a champion. Buehler shoves tonight.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
IMO, knowing Severino from his Yankee days, get to him early. He gets flustered and either loses the strike zone or grooves too many. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Dodgers with a lead of 4 or 5 by the 2nd inning. That'll do 2 things. Give Buehler a cushion and quiet the crowd.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Don't know what's gonna happen the next few innings. But if the first two are what we're getting with Buehler that sure bodes well. Its only two innings but he looked like the pre surgery Buehler. Still, gotta have the bullpen ready every inning just in case.