2024 Dodgers thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I never said Yankee fans were. Far from it. They may be the most creative though.

IMO, that doesn't matter. Any time a fanbase believes opposing players are "jerks", "douchebags", etc., it's mainly because they've been a thorn in their side. If they weren't, the fans wouldn't complain about them.
Actually, I disagree.

Machado played for the Dodgers.
He wasn’t popular then either.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Actually, I disagree.

100% agree.

I actually didnt even like him when he was a Dodger. He is just a jerk. Good player sure, but what has he won exactly?

Win with class and lose with class.....

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Actually, I disagree.

Why? Did he intimate he was going to test free agency after the trade? Gotta be that. What wasn't to like about 42 rbi in 66 games and another 12 in 16 postseason games?
100% agree.

I actually didnt even like him when he was a Dodger. He is just a jerk. Good player sure, but what has he won exactly?

Win with class and lose with class.....
See above

Btw, wildly entertaining game so far! 6-5 after 2.5

Last edited:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Why? Did he intimate he was going to test free agency after the trade? Gotta be that. What wasn't to like about 42 rbi in 66 games and another 12 in 16 postseason games?
No.
Not sure how you got that from what I wrote.

The guys is just an asshole that didn’t deserve to wear a Dodger uniform.
Him going to another team after the trade was the best part of the trade.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
No.
Not sure how you got that from what I wrote.

The guys is just an asshole that didn’t deserve to wear a Dodger uniform.
Him going to another team after the trade was the best part of the trade.
Okay. But what did he do, exactly to earn that label? Tell some little kid to fuck off? Give a un-Dodger-like interview? Not hustle? Give fans the finger? I didn't get that from anything you wrote. I'm just trying to figure out how a trade for a phemominal ballplayer, earned him that label. With the production he provided, down the stretch and in the postseason, it had to really be something else.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
What a strange game. The two teams scored 11 runs and made 13 outs, then made 38 outs and had 3 measly hits. Weird.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Machado is a grade AAA douche bag

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Okay. But what did he do, exactly to earn that label? Tell some little kid to fuck off? Give a un-Dodger-like interview? Not hustle? Give fans the finger? I didn't get that from anything you wrote. I'm just trying to figure out how a trade for a phemominal ballplayer, earned him that label. With the production he provided, down the stretch and in the postseason, it had to really be something else.
You can like him all you want.

Time to move on

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
What a strange game. The two teams scored 11 runs and made 13 outs, then made 38 outs and had 3 measly hits. Weird.
I couldn’t turn it on until the score was already
5-6.
I missed all the action.

uggh.

Must win tomorrow.

Tano

Legend
I don't think we are going to make it having to use a bullpen game today.

We just had too many injuries to our starting pitching to go far this year.

Our offense tried to win it for us - scoring 5 runs should be enough.

Don't know what happened with Buehler in the second.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
You can like him all you want.

Time to move on
Oh, I don't "like" him. I'm a Yankee fan and he was with Baltimore so there's a natural dislike there. I simply didn't know why Dodger fans disliked him while he was a Dodger.

What happened was Manny singled and should have been called out for being out of the baseline when Merrill grounded to first. Then Merrill beat Rojas to second and Bogaerts beat his throw to first (1 run). Peralta doubled just inside first base (2 runs). Cronenworth hit one in the hole and Rojas grabbed it but really had no play. Higashioga hit a deep fly (1 out) to center (1 run). Arraez popped out (2 outs) Tatis homered on an 0-2 pitch (2 runs). 8 batters, 3 balls never left the infield. What happened to Buehler was a non-call on Manny, bad decision by Rojas and bad pitch on 0-2 to Tatis by Buehler. The inning should have been over with Higashioga because if Manny is called out for interference, Rojas could have simply tossed the ball to Lux for the force or thrown Bogaerts out at first instead of trying to turn 2 on his own. A bad non-call, couple of bad decisions and a lot of luck on the Padres part. Should have been 1-1 after 2.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Not over yet.

SD better win tonight because if it goes back to LA I like our chances with Yamamoto.

We've just had really bad luck with injuries, but I aint giving up hope.

Keep the faith.

Tano

Legend
Oh, I don't "like" him. I'm a Yankee fan and he was with Baltimore so there's a natural dislike there. I simply didn't know why Dodger fans disliked him while he was a Dodger.
He had an attitude problem and just didn't like him. He was a bit of an asshole when he was with the Dodgers.

Good player but not someone I can root for.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He was reportedly a locker room cancer on a team that really got on well with each other. He seemed to feel he was bigger than the team. But what I really couldn't stand about him was that he lacked heart and hustle with us. Maybe it was chemistry but he would often jog to first base on grounders. I watched at least two times where if he hustled to first, he would have clearly been safe but instead, he assumed he'd be out only to have the infielder bobble the ball.

He's a self entitled prick. It seems that he's found a home with a couple other self entitled pricks.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

Buehler sure seems to be breakdown innings then recover. But too late. Yeah, I felt the Dodgers were not set up to go deep with the starting pitching problems. I was hoping to face someone other than the Padres. They've had our number lately.

But the schedule was set up to face the winner of Braves/Padres series. Even though the Mets were the lower seed. I guess they don't go by top seed faces lowest remaining seed like other sports.

I'll be surprised if the find a way to win the series. The injuries to starting pitching is a lot to overcome.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
He didn't seem like he had any attitude issues in Baltimore. And going to LA at first he seemed fine. But there were small signs at times. Like stepping on the back of a first baseman's foot in the playoffs. I don't remember who or what team. But when he had a chance to say "Oops I'm sorry" he just got cocky over it. Many thought it was intentional. When he went to San Diego he became a first class jerk. He's a good player but seems like one of those entitled types. Tatis is nothing like that. He seems more humble.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
A bullpen game could work. But there is a risk that sooner or later when you run so many different guys out there that one of them can't throw strikes. Which can lead to a big inning. Its not something you want to do with frequency.

If they can survive tonight Yamamoto will have his full rest on Friday. He struggled in his first start. But if Roberts is correct in his assumption that he was tipping his pitches, that is something that can easily be corrected. But again, they have to survive tonight. A tall order for a bullpen game.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
He didn't seem like he had any attitude issues in Baltimore. And going to LA at first he seemed fine. But there were small signs at times. Like stepping on the back of a first baseman's foot in the playoffs. I don't remember who or what team. But when he had a chance to say "Oops I'm sorry" he just got cocky over it. Many thought it was intentional. When he went to San Diego he became a first class jerk. He's a good player but seems like one of those entitled types. Tatis is nothing like that. He seems more humble.
I saw that video today.......a buddy of mine showed me.....and he said Roberts was pissed about it. He didn't want him back which is why they didn't give him an offer. Kudos to Roberts.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I've read all day today and listened to on the radio was the Dodgers were done had no chance and they were giving up.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Dodgers Win! On to GM.

Machado is a dude who looks so smug, a punchable face if I have ever seen one.

Lastly, please get us some healthy pitchers. What a waste of so many great field players and so much offense.
Pitching wins in the post season.