OFFICIAL 2024/2025 NFL injuries

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Drafted in the 4th round by the Rams in 2002. Released after preseason his rookie year.

There was some speculation back in 2002 that the Rams' Draft-day decision-makers fucked-up the Travis Scott pick; and actually intended, thought, wanted his OL teammate at ASU ... Scott Peters.

Travis Scott was not on any draft boards, and was not even a starter on the AZ St. O-Line his senior season.

Of course, the Rams said that Mike Martz loved Travis Scott's ASU work-out, which featured projected draft prospects Scott Peters and Levi Jones who was selected in the first round by the Bengals. Scott Peters was drafted by the Eagles in the 4th round and played about six years in the NFL ... mostly as a back-up or practice squad player. Peters is currently the Patriots' OL coach.

At the time, I refused to believe the Rams could be THAT incompetent but was surprised when Travis Scott was cut at the end of the pre-season and did not even make the Rams' Practice Squad.

Toothsayer

UDFA
Name
Richard H Stee

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sickening flashback to Joe Theismann's injury. Unlike JT , Hutch wasn't standing on it at the time of contact. Dunno if that's a good or bad thing, but we can hope it helped . Such a quick surgery doesn't bode well, though; probably compromised blood vessels which will slow recovery. My brother had that issue with a tibia break.
My son broke his tibia in a Legion baseball game this summer. He slid into second base on a shitty hard packed infield that was never raked. His metal cleat caught on a divot.

The result; broken tibia, ruptured deltoid ligament, ruptured superior extensor retinaculum ligament, and severe cartilage damage. That happened June be 19th. He had tight rope surgery on July 2nd and just played 25 snaps in his first football game of his Sr. year on Oct 11. He is limping by the end of each day. Hopefully he will be able to play 100% of the snaps by the playoffs (3 weeks from now). His team is undefeated without him but he was definitely missed in a few close games.

Thats a 13 week recovery. If Hutchison injury is similar then that puts him into the middle of January and with the pressure he puts on his ankle at the NFL level it’s understandable why they are saying out for the rest of the year.

If it was only a broken tibia, without ligament damage, then he could return in 8 weeks.

IMG_9889.jpeg

Last edited:

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
My son broke his tibia in a Legion baseball game this summer. He slid into second base on a shitty hard packed infield that was never raked. His metal cleat caught on a divot.

The result; broken tibia, ruptured deltoid ligament, ruptured superior extensor retinaculum ligament, and severe cartilage damage. That happened June be 19th. He had tight rope surgery on July 2nd and just played 25 snaps in his first football game of his Sr. year on Oct 11. He is limping by the end of each day. Hopefully he will be able to play 100% of the snaps by the playoffs (3 weeks from now). His team is undefeated without him but he was definitely missed in a few close games.

Thats a 13 week recovery. If Hutchison injury is similar then that puts him into the middle of January and with the pressure he puts on his ankle at the NFL level it’s understandable why they are saying out for the rest of the year.

If it was only a broken tibia, without ligament damage, then he could return in 8 weeks.

View attachment 67954
You have one tough son. All those issues sounds pretty bad.

Hutchinson had emergency surgery. On the surface it sounds worse unfortunately.

Lets hope not.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You have one tough son. All those issues sounds pretty bad.

Hutchinson had emergency surgery. On the surface it sounds worse unfortunately.

Let’s hope not.
Thanks, he’s a tough kid. He’ll be playing through pain, and his dream of getting the school sack record was ruined the moment that ankle snapped. He cried on the ride to the hospital, but after that he didn’t stew over it. He just focused on getting back before the playoffs.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View attachment 67954
Props to your son for managing to keep doing what he loves.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
One of the worst I've ever seen. He may never get back to the Lions.
He didn't stand on it, but Prescott landed on it after it was broken.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Hoping for some good news on Kupp, Puka, & Avila. Any updates on them?
There's an up-date on the Rams' website on all three players, plus Noteboom.

Sounds like there will be an evaluation today on Kupp that might provide some clarity.

On Nacua and Avila, the McVay quote was ... "They're still a little bit of ways away,"

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Anyone see the Bengals game last night? How was Burrow allowed to return? Dude was woozy when he got up and his head bounced on the turf.

He suffered a concussion and wouldn’t be shocked to hear he’s on protocol this week.

Toothsayer

UDFA
Name
Richard H Stee

View attachment 67954
My best wishes for his recovery. Sounds like his attitude/intestinal fortitude, along with advances in medicine, will give him a great chance.
My brother doesn't even limp unless I kick him....and his injury was pretty grim; he ran over his own leg while motorbiking off-road. Much as I love to give him shizzle about it, more bad luck than stupidity - hit a buried root while taking a muddy trail corner with his foot out for balance. If it hadn't been for his leathers & shin guard, we'd have his foot pickled in a jar. Even so, it was closer to a year before he was really stressing it again , skiing, etc. Never fully regained the musculature in that calf, though. A bone shard severed several blood vessels as well as similar ligament damage to your son's, irrc .

Sounds like Hutch's injury might be somewhere between.