OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Re: Corey Davis I have not watched all that many Jets games but how do you blame a wideout for his production when their QB position has been filled by a fucking carnival level carousel of options. When the offensive dysfunction goes as deep as theirs does there is a lot of room to unnecessarily demonize guys who may not deserve it. I mean look at what we did with Bettis back in the day.

Now maybe he does deserve criticism. But from the outside looking in it seems like Davis might be a good option to scoop some talent on the cheap if they want to blame him. I'd love to hear our new OC's take on the dude.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
They said similar things about Robert Woods when we got him… ignored the crappy QB play in Buffalo and deemed him a bust. By the end of the first season in LA, Woods was a highly respected receiver in the NFL.

I doubt we grab anyone, but if we grab him (with the Jets having to take most of that salary), I’ll keep faith with McSnead and hope for the best.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They said similar things about Robert Woods when we got him… ignored the crappy QB play in Buffalo and deemed him a bust. By the end of the first season in LA, Woods was a highly respected receiver in the NFL.

I doubt we grab anyone, but if we grab him (with the Jets having to take most of that salary), I’ll keep faith with McSnead and hope for the best.

my issue isn't with corey davis. i think he's a pretty good wr. nothing spectacular but serviceable.

i have an issue with someone saying he wasn't a good fit with the jets so why don't the rams, who have the same oc that was the oc at the jets with davis, trade for him. if he wasn't a good fit with lafleur at the jets why would he be a good fit with lafleur at the rams? stupid.

Tano

Legend
my issue isn't with corey davis. i think he's a pretty good wr. nothing spectacular but serviceable.

i have an issue with someone saying he wasn't a good fit with the jets so why don't the rams, who have the same oc that was the oc at the jets with davis, trade for him. if he wasn't a good fit with lafleur at the jets why would he be a good fit with lafleur at the rams? stupid.

I don't think they are saying it isn't a good fit with the Jets, I think he might be better with a much better QB than what the Jets had

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Because maybe they didn’t have good QBing all the time Corey’s been there?

If anything, I’d keep him in hopes Rodgers feeding him gets him over the edge with respect to his production

Tano

Legend

If anything, I’d keep him in hopes Rodgers feeding him gets him over the edge with respect to his production
Even so - Rodgers will still choke in the championship game

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

look at how good garrett wilson looked with the exact same qbing.

sometimes it's the player.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Living here in NYC, I have seen every Jets' game during Corey Davis' two-year-run.

He's played well but on an ineffective offense, with poor quarterbacking and a lot of weak OL-play. Davis' biggest problem has been durability. He's missed 12 games the past two seasons; and only played a full season in one of his six years.

The Jets are currently in pretty good cap shape but they have some talented young players due for new contracts in the next year. Currently, Quinnen Williams is looking for a huge deal. Corey Davis has an $11M cap hit but the Jets would get almost all of it in cap relief should he be released.

Davis was projected as a potential cap casualty earlier in the off-season but that has been discussed less in the NY media over the past month. However, with Wilson at the top of the depth chart (he is terrific BTW) and NY adding Mecole Hardman and some of Rodgers' former Packers' receivers (Lazard and Cobb), the WR-room is getting a little crowded.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Haha!

I might have actually gotten the season/year wrong. Maybe someone remembers the season I am talking about…. we lost so many CB’s that season. It was a mess. An absolute dog’s breakfast.
Never heard that term before. A dogs Breakfast. What does that mean.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Wonder if the 9ers still think using a 3rd on a kicker was a good idea for a SB contending team.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
But but but - he was our LT of the future
It could have been worse. Lions could have traded up to #68, right before the Rams pick at #69, to take QB of the future Hendon Hooker. Good thing that didn't happen. Then, by pure coincidence, the Rams immediately traded down from #69.

Of course, the Rams didn't want Hooker anyway... Bennett was their real target all along for our QB of the future. Must have been because Hooker can't throw deep. And graduated from college.

Excuse me for experimenting with blue font!

Status
Not open for further replies.