OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
When asked what winning means to Hopkins, he responded:

Loop Pay Me GIF
Clutching Dave Chappelle GIF

Liberator

Pro Bowler
Assuming Barkley actually sits out, the Giants could be terrible. I already think Jones is a bad QB but imagine how bad he's going to be without by far his best weapon lol. We should find a way to trade for their first lol.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Assuming Barkley actually sits out, the Giants could be terrible. I already think Jones is a bad QB but imagine how bad he's going to be without by far his best weapon lol. We should find a way to trade for their first lol.

He won't. I think Saquon Barkley comes across as a good dude so ain't gonna pull a Le'Veon. Come September no one will care about this.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He won't. I think Saquon Barkley comes across as a good dude so ain't gonna pull a Le'Veon. Come September no one will care about this.

Bell played the first year on the franchise tag without complaint. As long as it was understood they would tag him again.

Then the stealers tagged him again the cocks. After running him into the ground when he was on the tag. They're a fucking shit organisation.

Angry Ram

Bell played the first year on the franchise tag without complaint. As long as it was understood they would tag him again.

Then the stealers tagged him again the cocks. After running him into the ground when he was on the tag. They're a fucking shit organisation.

No they aren't. Hate em all you want they win games and are competitive year in and out despite the talent.

Leveon got his contract with Jets and then what??? What did he do?? One decent season and gone. Steelers got all they can out of him and let the Jets have his clown ass.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No they aren't. Hate em all you want they win games and are competitive year in and out despite the talent.

Leveon got his contract with Jets and then what??? What did he do?? One decent season and gone. Steelers got all they can out of him and let the Jets have his clown ass.

he played the good soldier and they fucked him. how is that a good organisation? they can go fuck themselves.

a rb has one chance for his payday and they stole it from him. fuck them.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Can you imagine if the Eagles added a guy like Josh Jacobs?

:wow2:

1. Philadelphia Eagles

Since Miles Sanders is now a Carolina Panther, Jacobs would be a seamless addition inside an Eagles offense that put up 35 points in the Super Bowl. The defending champion Philadelphia Eagles don't "need" anyone at this stage in the offseason, but coming up just three points short in the Super Bowl could cause general manager Howie Roseman to go all-in.

While he was a Pro Bowl player last year, Sanders is not a volume runner. He had just two games last year that saw him receive at least 20 carries. He was largely invisible in the Super Bowl as he gained just 16 yards on seven carries. Sanders is good, but it seemed that the Eagles would have benefited by having more of a physical presence in the backfield. New offseason additions D'Andre Swift and Rashaad Penny have shown to be injury liabilities at higher carry volumes in their careers. Philly would be getting an every-down battering ram in Jacobs, who had at least 20 carries in nine games last year. Jacobs, who caught 53 passes in 2022, could also serve as a viable option for Jalen Hurts in the passing game.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
he played the good soldier and they fucked him. how is that a good organisation? they can go fuck themselves.

But he got his payday from the Jets at 4 years $52 million after two years on the franchise tag that was $27 million. Forgive me for not shedding a tear for a guy who made $79 million in a 6 year stretch. And produced jack shit for the majority of that term.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
But he got his payday from the Jets at 4 years $52 million after two years on the franchise tag that was $27 million. Forgive me for not shedding a tear for a guy who made $79 million in a 6 year stretch. And produced jack shit for the majority of that term.

I thought Bell sat out the 2nd year of the the Franchise Tag (2018?), and forfeited that $.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

but if they didn't tag him again he would have got a much bigger contract a year earlier.

also he sat out a year so he didn't get paid for that year. lost $14m that he could never get back.

i'm not shedding a tear for him, i'm showing what a pos organisation the stealers are.

also, he made $45m in his career. $16m from the stealers in 5 years, $0 the year he sat out, $28m from the jets in 2 years, $1m in the 3 years after that.

Psycho_X

Legend
Can you imagine if the Eagles added a guy like Josh Jacobs?

:wow2:

1. Philadelphia Eagles

Since Miles Sanders is now a Carolina Panther, Jacobs would be a seamless addition inside an Eagles offense that put up 35 points in the Super Bowl. The defending champion Philadelphia Eagles don't "need" anyone at this stage in the offseason, but coming up just three points short in the Super Bowl could cause general manager Howie Roseman to go all-in.

While he was a Pro Bowl player last year, Sanders is not a volume runner. He had just two games last year that saw him receive at least 20 carries. He was largely invisible in the Super Bowl as he gained just 16 yards on seven carries. Sanders is good, but it seemed that the Eagles would have benefited by having more of a physical presence in the backfield. New offseason additions D'Andre Swift and Rashaad Penny have shown to be injury liabilities at higher carry volumes in their careers. Philly would be getting an every-down battering ram in Jacobs, who had at least 20 carries in nine games last year. Jacobs, who caught 53 passes in 2022, could also serve as a viable option for Jalen Hurts in the passing game.
Bears actually make too much sense to me and was thinking about that earlier. If Fields continues to improve that would make a really good pairing between the two. Jacobs is about as risk free as a RB can be for a second contract. He's only 24, never had a major injury just some minor stuff, and is really good. And the Bears have a ton of cap space still now and the future. If a team had large amount of cap space right now at this point in the offseason and a stud RB was available I wouldn't have qualms about getting them and front loading a contract. You get the cap hit out of the way now and roll the dice you'd get a couple years of top RB play out of them and then you're limited to risk in the future.

I don't blame RBs for being upset right now. It's by far the most punished position physically which ironically kills their long term value. And it's the easiest position to learn to be serviceable in an offense. Value just isn't there right now. But with medical advances in surgery and rehab I think they should have a little value still. Always going to be less than any other football position on offense but it's still there.

Angry Ram

lol holding out and missing games and a full season is being a "good solider"??? That's rich. When's the last time a player got tagged and sit out? Oh wait, just Leveon Bell. Good solider my foot.

Players, regardless of position, get franchise tagged all the time. Only Leveon Bell pulled what he did. But you know what 99% of players do?

Not hold out in the season.

BTW, the Leveon Bell turned down a $70 mil contract: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/leveon-bell-reportedly-turned-down-a-monstrous-70-million-deal-from-the-steelers/#:~:text=The offer from the Steelers,or $14 million per season)

His $52 mil contract with the Jets: https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/10/14/leveon-bell-jets-contract-lasting-impact

The only differences, $14 mil/year vs. $15 mil/year and the guaranteed. Sure the Steelers offered him much less guaranteed and the Jets being the dumbass org they are, gave him $27 mil guaranteed for 1 good year and 4 TDs.

The Steelers didn't cave into an older RB's contract demands. How in the blue hell does that make them, as you put them, a POS org? If anything that makes the Steelers the smarter org for not investing all that into one player.

The Steelers meanwhile when 9-6-1, 8-8, 12-4, 9-7-1, and 9-8 in the subsequent seasons since. Leveon couldnt hack in NY or KC and is now out of the league.

Steelers won, Leveon Bell lost. He bet on himself and failed.

Liberator

Pro Bowler

Probably right but I kind of hope he does call their bluff. Paying Daniel Jones the money they're paying him while letting your obviously best player down like this is painting them in a pretty bad light.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
lol holding out and missing games and a full season is being a "good solider"??? That's rich. When's the last time a player got tagged and sit out? Oh wait, just Leveon Bell. Good solider my foot.

Players, regardless of position, get franchise tagged all the time. Only Leveon Bell pulled what he did. But you know what 99% of players do?

Not hold out in the season.

BTW, the Leveon Bell turned down a $70 mil contract: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/leveon-bell-reportedly-turned-down-a-monstrous-70-million-deal-from-the-steelers/#:~:text=The offer from the Steelers,or $14 million per season)

His $52 mil contract with the Jets: https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/10/14/leveon-bell-jets-contract-lasting-impact

The only differences, $14 mil/year vs. $15 mil/year and the guaranteed. Sure the Steelers offered him much less guaranteed and the Jets being the dumbass org they are, gave him $27 mil guaranteed for 1 good year and 4 TDs.

The Steelers didn't cave into an older RB's contract demands. How in the blue hell does that make them, as you put them, a POS org? If anything that makes the Steelers the smarter org for not investing all that into one player.

The Steelers meanwhile when 9-6-1, 8-8, 12-4, 9-7-1, and 9-8 in the subsequent seasons since. Leveon couldnt hack in NY or KC and is now out of the league.

Steelers won, Leveon Bell lost. He bet on himself and failed.

what are you talking about? he played every game on the franchise tag.

carried the ball 337 times and caught 94 passes. that's 430 touches in the season.

tagged him and ran him into the ground.

then they tag him again? and want to do that to him again? they're a fucking piece of shit organisation.

how many teams have tagged a rb twice? probably only that fucking shit team.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
but if they didn't tag him again he would have got a much bigger contract a year earlier.

also he sat out a year so he didn't get paid for that year. lost $14m that he could never get back.

i'm not shedding a tear for him, i'm showing what a pos organisation the stealers are.

also, he made $45m in his career. $16m from the stealers in 5 years, $0 the year he sat out, $28m from the jets in 2 years, $1m in the 3 years after that.

Bolded is 100% hypothetical and we have no way of knowing that. In fact there's very little reason to think he'd have gotten more earlier based on the trend the RB position has been on.

And yes I forgot to take out and mention the lack of money he got for sitting out. Again though that's his choice and I won't shed a tear for him. He made a shit ton of money to play a game. No tears from me on behalf of Mr Bell.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

carried the ball 337 times and caught 94 passes. that's 430 touches in the season.

then they tag him again? and want to do that to him again? they're a fucking piece of shit organisation.

Solution is simple but the NFLPA won't give up what it'll take to remove the franchise and transition tags. In return for the owners removing those options the players will have to give up something and I don't know that they'll like what the owners ask for it, I don't know what they'll ask for it but you'd have to imagine it'll be something substantial (100% speculation on my part but the logic fits).

Angry Ram

He sat out the entirety of 2018. Took his ball and went home.

Oh boo the hell hoo. That's NFL life as a RB.

Why does it matter? Leveon is the only one that sat out and doomed his own career. Despite your personal feeling for the Steelers they made the right call.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Leveon should have bet on himself, in hindsight. He may have played the wrong hand. But he made lots of money anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.