OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dang

Legend
Gordon is allegedly quoting McVay. He needs to prove it came out of his mouth verbatim or chance being branded a bitter/undervalued commodity.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Who gives a shit what Gordon thinks. We all know he wouldn't say anything if he actually had a job. His fumblitis is what's keeping him unemployed.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Maybe he didn't say it. Thought I recalled him alluding to it at least, or maybe someone in the front office idk but may be wrong. Either way though I do think the Gurley signing hurt the RB position. Because the failure of it was in stark contrast to RB availability.

Also and btw it is funny him citing Gurley when he also hasn't lived up to expectations. Not like Gordon has done enough to reverse that opinion.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Rams could get a healthy Gurley back, he would be worth that contract and the Rams would pay it. Again.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Maybe Gordon was reading this forum back then and read all the bitching about Gurley's contract.

If McVay was confronted with another Gurley he would throw all the money in the world at him.

dang

Legend
Gordon had an 8 year career and made close to $35m. That ain’t franchise QB $$ but it’s not chump change either. Not sure his dilemma is anything but marketplace supply and demand. NFL is Not For Long especially for RBs.

Psycho_X

Legend
Gordon had an 8 year career and made close to $35m. That ain’t franchise QB $$ but it’s not chump change either. Not sure his dilemma is anything but marketplace supply and demand. NFL is Not For Long especially for RBs.
Yeah, that's actually really good for a RB in the NFL.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Gordon's not wrong. The league tends to follow McVay's lead. But the league was already trending that way before the Rams paid Gurley so when McVay admitted the mistake it sort of cemented things.

Goddamn right. Coach is a #trendsetter.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Melvin Gordon blames McVay for no one paying RBs. Not sure where he's getting these McVay quotes from but pretty sure he made most of this up. The "don't pay RBs" mantra has been around well before Gurley. It may have emphasized it most recently but definitely not the cause.

"In my opinion, I think after Todd (Gurley) got paid and then (Rams coach) Sean McVay came out and said, 'I will never pay a running back again; I'll just use them and rotate them out,' I think after that statement was made -- and then I think they won the Super Bowl -- it was like everybody just followed suit, I think," Gordon said. "I kind of think that's where everything just started going downhill.

At the time, I was against giving Gurley a big contract because of the potential for knee problems.

However, if he never a had knee injury and was completely healthy I think that contract would have been justified. He made McVays offense go and he made Goff look better than he was due to the respect that Gurley got in the run/screen game.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jeesh, since Gurley's departure, the Rams have been a lower tier rushing team. It would be hard to believe that McVay would be the model of success for the league as far a rushing goes.
And not for nothing, but didnt the Rams try and trade for McCaffrey? Had they gotten him, they'd have paid him....

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Jeesh, since Gurley's departure, the Rams have been a lower tier rushing team. It would be hard to believe that McVay would be the model of success for the league as far a rushing goes.
And not for nothing, but didnt the Rams try and trade for McCaffrey? Had they gotten him, they'd have paid him....
Totally agree.....Gordon probably annoyed that even at our most desperate we never traded or gave him a call ... Weird to single out Mcvay

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Of those guys, the 4 I’d be good to look at are Saffold, Brockers, JJ3 and Quinn.

But yeah, I expect us to add none of them

Status
Not open for further replies.