OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dang

Legend
Anyone think it's very possible the Rams move Fuller before the season if the young safeties look good? He has a 2.7M cap hit so they could save about 1.9M on the cap and that can be carried into next yr.

Just a thought since he is on the last yr of his deal and likley won't be back. Probably wouldn't get more than a 25' 7th rounder, but it gets them more cap room for 24'.
I think that’s a strong possibility. Rams do not pay big $$ for safeties so it’s unlikely they keep him next year. And we all know the Rams are assessing in 2023 in order to make s charge in 2024.

PARAM

Hall of Fame

This is one thing I hate about NFL players. YOU wanted a contract. YOU signed the contract. And before the contract is up, YOU want a new deal.

People hold out. People leave via free agency. And when fans are disappointed the over used line is, "it's just business".

But RBs are pissed there's no market for them and say they're disrespected by ownership. Got nothing to do with business?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
This is one thing I hate about NFL players. YOU wanted a contract. YOU signed the contract. And before the contract is up, YOU want a new deal.

People hold out. People leave via free agency. And when fans are disappointed the over used line is, "it's just business".

But RBs are pissed there's no market for them and say they're disrespected by ownership. Got nothing to do with business?
Players ARE the product and they have a limited amount of time to make their money.

I get less and less upset with them every time I see how much an NFL franchise sells for.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Players ARE the product and they have a limited amount of time to make their money.

I get less and less upset with them every time I see how much an NFL franchise sells for.
True, they are the product. But I would get less upset IF they kept it private. They just seem so needy when they don't and I can't understand how a multi-millionaire could be truly needy.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
True, they are the product. But I would get less upset IF they kept it private. They just seem so needy when they don't and I can't understand how a multi-millionaire could be truly needy.
I’m with you on the contracts. You put your name on it. Have some scruples hold up your side of the bargain.

It is no different than any other business. No one in the private sector does that and their “season” for making money shouldn’t be any less respected.

If you want more money sign 1 year deals every year so you’re not locked in to something you won’t be happy with in two or three years.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m with you on the contracts. You put your name on it. Have some scruples hold up your side of the bargain.

It is no different than any other business. No one in the private sector does that and their “season” for making money shouldn’t be any less respected.

If you want more money sign 1 year deals every year so you’re not locked in to something you won’t be happy with in two or three years.

teams are forever cutting players. telling them to take pay cuts or they'll cut them.

goes both ways.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So Barkley signs a 1 year $11 million contract with 2 million guaranteed so congrats. But reports are they offered 14 million and he rejected it wanting 15 to 16 million? Congrats on being bad

Tano

Legend
teams are forever cutting players. telling them to take pay cuts or they'll cut them.

goes both ways.

That's where the Guaranteed Money comes into play.

I am not sure I like the NFL way of guaranteeing only a portion of the contract.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
So Barkley signs a 1 year $11 million contract with 2 million guaranteed so congrats. But reports are they offered 14 million and he rejected it wanting 15 to 16 million? Congrats on being bad
Barkley is a pussy. Talked all that shit and still didn't get good value.

Status
Not open for further replies.