OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He sat out the entirety of 2018. Took his ball and went home.

talking about 2017 when he was tagged the first time.

Oh boo the hell hoo. That's NFL life as a RB.

and he did it without complaining the first time they tagged him.

Why does it matter? Leveon is the only one that sat out and doomed his own career. Despite your personal feeling for the Steelers they made the right call.

he sat out because he felt betrayed by that pos organisation. all the stealers did was show how much of a fucking shit organisation they are.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bolded is 100% hypothetical and we have no way of knowing that. In fact there's very little reason to think he'd have gotten more earlier based on the trend the RB position has been on.

And yes I forgot to take out and mention the lack of money he got for sitting out. Again though that's his choice and I won't shed a tear for him. He made a shit ton of money to play a game. No tears from me on behalf of Mr Bell.

he would have gotten more because he would have played the year that he sat out instead.

even though he didn't play he still got a year older. can't get that back.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Solution is simple but the NFLPA won't give up what it'll take to remove the franchise and transition tags. In return for the owners removing those options the players will have to give up something and I don't know that they'll like what the owners ask for it, I don't know what they'll ask for it but you'd have to imagine it'll be something substantial (100% speculation on my part but the logic fits).

this is all about the stealers being fuckwits. just because you can do something it doesn't mean you do it.

when the rams tagged tru johnson it was a gift from heaven for him. no way was he worth that money. when they tagged him the second time he signed that contract before the ink dried on it, that's how much of a good deal it was for him.

very much different situation for bell. they screwed him in the worst way.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm enjoying this Bell argument. For one, I'm not a participant so that's a plus, and two I actually agree with both sides.
The Steelers are scum and Bell is/was an idiot

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
if the steelers said they wouldn't tag him the second time, you are correctly judging them. If they didn't promise that, then they chose to do it again and he chose not to. Both doing what they think is best for them. Not a bad person on either side. You should be expected to do what you think is best for you. Even if it isn't.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

OK? like many other players do that get tagged every year?

Your "good solider" argument is null w/ 2018. He held out the and missed the whole season.

OK. Don't see how this matters? Most players don't complain, and most players don't hold out a whole season.

Leveon was the first player to miss a full season in 21 years at the time b/c of a contract issue. Again he bet on himself and failed. Steelers offered him a deal, he rejected it. That's on him. Also he Steelers were well within their rights to tag him twice. They also had the right to tag him a third time if they wanted to (max amount).

he sat out because he felt betrayed by that pos organisation. all the stealers did was show how much of a fucking shit organisation they are.

See now all you are doing is saying the same thing over and over again without acknowledging anything else just b/c you have a personal dislike of the Steelers. Which is fine, I don't care who you like and or who you don't, but you are literally just using this a crutch for it.

You've ignored the deal the Steelers offered that he rejected, ignored the fact that he sat out a whole year, ignored how his career ended up, and ignored how the Steelers' org ended up doing that same year he sat out the whole year and the subsequent years.

How in the world does that make the Steelers the POS? Aside from you just saying it in every post?

Hate the org or not, the Steelers are one of the most stable franchises not only in football, but in sports. Their decisions on players and whether they keep them or not works in their favor more often than not, and that's just history. Just b/c you keep saying the other doesn't make it so.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

This is more emotion than you ever showed for Gurley.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is more emotion than you ever showed for Gurley.

Haha, the Rams treated Gurley better than any rb in nfl history. Imagine what the stealers would have done to him. The Fuckwits.

Gurley rewarded the Rams by playing mvp level in 2018 until the unfortunate injury. Even in 2019 when he couldn't do anything between the 20s as he had little lateral movement he was a machine near the endzone. Every time the Rams got within 5 yards of the endzone my son and I would instantly shout "give it to Gurley". He was a beast of a rb.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"I could lift it easy" ... @Loyal
lmzU1V0.jpg

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
BTW, did anyone notice that before the Rams signed their draft picks, they had a little over $10M of cap room

After signing all 14 picks, they still have over $9M in cap room.

Only Avila, Young and Turner counted in the top 51. Young's and Turner's cap hits were $1M and $900K respectively. Avila's was $1.6M. So all three combined for about $800K above the vet min or the last guy on the top 51 which was 870K.

Anyway, just wanted to once again point out the nonsense of needing 7 or 8M to sign a draft class.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Anyone think it's very possible the Rams move Fuller before the season if the young safeties look good? He has a 2.7M cap hit so they could save about 1.9M on the cap and that can be carried into next yr.

Just a thought since he is on the last yr of his deal and likley won't be back. Probably wouldn't get more than a 25' 7th rounder, but it gets them more cap room for 24'.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Anyone think it's very possible the Rams move Fuller before the season if the young safeties look good? He has a 2.7M cap hit so they could save about 1.9M on the cap and that can be carried into next yr.

Just a thought since he is on the last yr of his deal and likley won't be back. Probably wouldn't get more than a 25' 7th rounder, but it gets them more cap room for 24'.
I certainly wouldn't rule it out. But I don't think it's likely.

Morris has always talked up Fuller but for some reason I get the feeling he and Morris haven't really jived. It's probably do to with the injury too. But it might be the way he gameplans and calls it. But also the coaching in that room was questionable last season. So it would sort of make sense if there was something there between the two of them where they're not fully on the same page.

Problem is I think Fuller is a lot better than the others. So he's gonna have to play this year to give us our best chance of sorting that young defense quickly. We're already facing a serious uphill climb with the turnover so I would not move Fuller, but all it would take is him and Morris wanting a break and the Rams would make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.