OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
How significant might this be ?

TLDR: Not very significant.
--------
So, I looked into this.

For the Rams, analytics are a Les thing, not a Sean thing. According to Les, game film is 90% of the evaluation process, with the remaining 10% to serve as confirmation of the 90%. So, apparently, Sarah was just a number cruncher, not a prospector.

The Rams started their anaytics department while in another city. It grew to a 3 person department. Last year, all 3 held a "manager" job title. Two of the three originals are still there. Sarah was the new 3d person who replaced another 3d person that no one remembers - i.e., the position has been replaced before.

Like the Rams' coaching staff, the front office uses marginally-descriptive job titles that suggest some overlap. While Sarah was providing analytics for the personnel department, the Rams hired Nicole Blake as "Analyst, Scouting Strategy". FWIW, while Sarah gets screen time in the background of the latest Behind the Grind, Nicole gets a lot of time in front of the camera.

Sarah's position was a replaceable position that might already have been replaced.

As a side note, one of Sarah's duties was to "[look] at the various measurements we collect to try to optimize players' gameday performance and minimize the probability of preventable injury." At the top, super-superficial level, it's not a stretch to remember all of the Rams' injuries and feel that at least some of them fell within her job area. That's probably unfair, but superficial optics are what they are.

Side note 2: Sarah's only other football experience was as an intern with the Chargers. So, she's tainted.

Links:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBa5bik6tHY&embeds_widget_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sloansportsconference.com%2F&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.embedly.com%2F&embeds_referring_origin=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.embedly.com&source_ve_path=OTY3MTQ&feature=emb_imp_woyt

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"I would like to point out, Christopher Dunn was a graduate student. I'm still on the team and he's off the team. So much for a diploma in the NFL. I hear Dunn applied for a job working behind the counter at 31 Flavors." Stetson Bennett on the release of Dunn.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Not sure where else to put it, but Alec Ogletree just announced his retirement. Good luck to him in retirement.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Sadly the other members missed the real reason Rodgers passed on a trade to the Patriots. There is no room between Robert Krafts butt cheeks for Rodgers nose since Belechick has a permanent 365 day time share there.

The Simpsons Dance GIF

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Interesting. Hasnt it been the Rams M.O. to announce all the rookie signings at once? Wonder why this year has been different?
They’re waiting for the results of DNA, finger prints, urine test, and dental records to come back.

Psycho_X

Legend
Melvin Gordon blames McVay for no one paying RBs. Not sure where he's getting these McVay quotes from but pretty sure he made most of this up. The "don't pay RBs" mantra has been around well before Gurley. It may have emphasized it most recently but definitely not the cause.

"In my opinion, I think after Todd (Gurley) got paid and then (Rams coach) Sean McVay came out and said, 'I will never pay a running back again; I'll just use them and rotate them out,' I think after that statement was made -- and then I think they won the Super Bowl -- it was like everybody just followed suit, I think," Gordon said. "I kind of think that's where everything just started going downhill.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Gordon's not wrong. The league tends to follow McVay's lead. But the league was already trending that way before the Rams paid Gurley so when McVay admitted the mistake it sort of cemented things.

Psycho_X

Legend
when McVay admitted the mistake it sort of cemented things.
Did he though? I know by cutting him obviously it's an admission of the mistake but I don't remember McVay out right saying that or saying he'd "never pay a RB again" according to Gordon.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Did he though? I know by cutting him obviously it's an admission of the mistake but I don't remember McVay out right saying that or saying he'd "never pay a RB again" according to Gordon.
"Where Gordon’s claim gets questionable is in his statement about McVay. The Rams coach never came out and said he was never going to pay running backs again. It’s hard to find McVay saying something even remotely close to that."
McVay never utters unwise, unproductive statements of any kind like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.