OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
More than a 5th rounder? I'd be shocked if they got more than a 5th. He's a long way from his rookie year
He's got 9 career sacks in 27 career games over 3 years. That equates to a 5 or 6 sack season IF he plays 16-17 games. And 9 is his career average for games played in a season. 5th rounder would be generous.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
This would be a move I could see the Rams making (Young). Could see them offering a 3rd for Young and a 6th as long as WAS takes half or more of his salary.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This would be a move I could see the Rams making (Young). Could see them offering a 3rd for Young and a 6th as long as WAS takes half or more of his salary.
Glad you're not in charge! Lol
His salary is only 5.6 mill. They can keep the 2.8 mill and we'll keep the 3rd rounder.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's got 9 career sacks in 27 career games over 3 years. That equates to a 5 or 6 sack season IF he plays 16-17 games. And 9 is his career average for games played in a season. 5th rounder would be generous.
Basically very similar numbers as Terrell Lewis, who we cut

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
More than a 5th rounder? I'd be shocked if they got more than a 5th. He's a long way from his rookie year

2020 is a long way!?!

At 21, Young was the Defensive Rookie of the Year and went to the Pro Bowl.

Had a major knee injury in November of 2021, and was not 100% for 2022. Just turned 24 last month.

Wow ... Tough Crowd ...
giphy.gif

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I thought it'd be around 13-14mil for what he was drafted. You corrected me! I now offer a 5TH TOPs.

Thanks for correcting me!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
You really wouldn't think that Chase Young's stats wouldn't improve with AD? If he's fully recovered from his injury, we could get a potential top fifteen edge rusher at a very young age. I'd gladly give a fifth for him, maybe even a fourth.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I thought it'd be around 13-14mil for what he was drafted. You corrected me! I now offer a 5TH TOPs.

Thanks for correcting me!
I'm not suggesting 31 teams would offer a 5th to Washington for Chase Young.

But 28 or 29 teams would do so.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
2020 is a long way!?!

At 21, Young was the Defensive Rookie of the Year and went to the Pro Bowl.

Had a major knee injury in November of 2021, and was not 100% for 2022. Just turned 24 last month.

Wow ... Tough Crowd ...
giphy.gif
1.5 sacks in 12 games. Come on. You know that the Pro Bowl isn’t always about the best players.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You really wouldn't think that Chase Young's stats wouldn't improve with AD? If he's fully recovered from his injury, we could get a potential top fifteen edge rusher at a very young age. I'd gladly give a fifth for him, maybe even a fourth.
The Rams just drafted 3 edge rushers. Should they really take a chance on a guy with a serious injury that hasn’t produced well when healthy?

Washington’s defensive line wasn’t exactly chopped liver either. It’s not like he had no help in Washington.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Rams just drafted 3 edge rushers. Should they really take a chance on a guy with a serious injury that hasn’t produced well when healthy?

Washington’s defensive line wasn’t exactly chopped liver either. It’s not like he had no help in Washington.
Yeah I'm ready to roll with our young rotation. And speaking of "young" I'm ready to see B Young out there opposite Hoecht and that rotation doing its thing. These guys look like they're gonna be a blue collar and hard working group and for me that's easy to root for.

Status
Not open for further replies.