OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Tiyon Evans

RB LAR
8 minutes ago​

The Rams waived Evans on Tuesday.

EDGE Analysis​

Evans will head to waivers despite having just signed with Los Angeles as an undrafted free agent back in May. The 21-year-old will now look to catch on with another team after recording 83 receptions for 525 yards and six touchdowns at Louisville last season.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Didn't even get a chance to see him run on the field.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think it was just the one injury but it was a major knee injury.
Yes you are correct. It was mainly the knee. He also had a groin injury in his first season. He played 15 games in his rookie season, 9 in his second season and 2 in his last season.

He has 1.5 sacks in 12 games. Maybe that is part of why they are trading him as well.

The knee will always be a risk with edge rushers leaning to turn the corner. It doesn’t sound like they have any interest in picking up the fifth year. 1.5 sacks in 12 games is not impressive, but maybe they think someone will see enough potential to get them a good pick.

So, what is one year of Chase Young worth. Since there is no guarantee that he will stick around I’d say a 6th or 7th round.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life

Tiyon Evans

RB LAR​

8 minutes ago​

The Rams waived Evans on Tuesday.
Time Flies Wow GIF by Britannia

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

So, what is one year of Chase Young worth. Since there is no guarantee that he will stick around I’d say a 6th or 7th round.

I don't think so. As the 2nd overall pick, Young's fifth-year-option would have been a big number.

If he has a strong season, Washington can still negotiate a long-term-deal with him, or hold onto him with the Franchise Tag. Should the Commodes trade him, I would think it would require a high draft choice.

Given his health concern, that would represent a risk for an acquiring team. Given Young's talent, there would also be a risk for Washington should it move him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't think so. As the 2nd overall pick, Young's fifth-year-option would have been a big number.

If he has a strong season, Washington can still negotiate a long-term-deal with him, or hold onto him with the Franchise Tag. Should the Commodes trade him, I would think it would require a high draft choice.

Given his health concern, that would represent a risk for an acquiring team. Given Young's talent, there would also be a risk for Washington should it move him.
Young has 1.5 sacks in 12 games. That’s not good production.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Young has 1.5 sacks in 12 games. That’s not good production.
That's true.

Young was having a disappointing second season in 2021, then suffered a major knee injury, took more than a year to get back on the field and did not play well in three games upon his return. Those are all facts.

What I am saying is that there's NO WAY Washington trades a 24-year old edge rusher who was the second overall pick for a 6th or 7th round draft choice. There is no reason for WSH to do it and there's no benefit to it; plus there is major risk should Chase Young return to health and have a strong 2023 season.

Could he get traded? ... Absolutely.
For a 6th or 7th round pick? ... Not a chance.

We're Rams fans but you need to think about these things from your team's point-of-view ... AND ... the other team's point of view. Consider the other 30 teams in the NFL. If Washington made Chase Young available for a 6th or 7th round pick, they would get offers from most every team.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That's true.

Young was having a disappointing second season in 2021, then suffered a major knee injury, took more than a year to get back on the field and did not play well in three games upon his return. Those are all facts.

What I am saying is that there's NO WAY Washington trades a 24-year old edge rusher who was the second overall pick for a 6th or 7th round draft choice. There is no reason for WSH to do it and there's no benefit to it; plus there is major risk should Chase Young return to health and have a strong 2023 season.

Could he get traded? ... Absolutely.
For a 6th or 7th round pick? ... Not a chance.

We're Rams fans but you need to think about these things from your team's point-of-view ... AND ... the other team's point of view. Consider the other 30 teams in the NFL. If Washington made Chase Young available for a 6th or 7th round pick, they would get offers from most every team.
Look at it this way. Jalen Ramsey only brought a third rounder and a back up tight end. Trading for one or two years of Chase Young at around $10 million per year would be a big risk for the acquiring team.

I wasn’t talking about what Washington wants. They should just keep him and see if he improves if they are worried he will suddenly become productive. If they do trade him then I guess they don’t think that will happen.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Look at it this way. Jalen Ramsey only brought a third rounder and a back up tight end. Trading for one or two years of Chase Young at around $10 million per year would be a big risk for the acquiring team.

I wasn’t talking about what Washington wants. They should just keep him and see if he improves if they are worried he will suddenly become productive. If they do trade him then I guess they don’t think that will happen.
Chase Young is a total bust. If Washington thought there was any hope for him, they'd have picked up that 5th year option.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If he has a strong season, Washington can still negotiate a long-term-deal with him, or hold onto him with the Franchise Tag
5th year option would have been 17.4 mill.
Projected 2024 franchise tag $$ for DE? 24.5 mill
I think he could easily go for a 6th rounder, maybe a 5th because his salary 5.3 mill would be manageable for a team to take on

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Ramsey was a totally different situation because of the contract, and salary cap implications and impact.

Conjecture on a trade is meaningless unless both teams' point-of-views are considered.

We're just not going to agree on this.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I think he could easily go for a 6th rounder, maybe a 5th because his salary 5.3 mill would be manageable for a team to take on

Young may turn out to be a bust but I would be shocked if Washington could not get more in a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.