OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Cook was the most inefficient rb in the league last season. They're not gonna pay him big money to suck. Neither will any other team. It's either take a pay cut or see ya later.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Dalvin Cook’s cooked.
I couldn't disagree more. Seems consistent to me. Not advocating to sign him just stating my opinion.

Screenshot_20230601-191041.png

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I couldn't disagree more. Seems consistent to me. Not advocating to sign him just stating my opinion.

View attachment 59913

Lowest YPC, highest number of carries of his career, didn’t break as many tackles as he did in the past, and has had injuries.

The Vikings would be smart to cut him and go with Mattison, who vastly outperformed Cook.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Lowest YPC, highest number of carries of his career, didn’t break as many tackles as he did in the past, and has had injuries.

The Vikings would be smart to cut him and go with Mattison, who vastly outperformed Cook.
He's still not cooked and he's still better than Mattison, just not cheaper. To say Mattison, who's stats I posted here, vastly outperformed him couldn't be further from the truth. He couldn't crack 4 ypc...... guessing that o-line just wasn't as good.

Screenshot_20230601-191649.png

Memento

Name
Jemma
He's still not cooked and he's still better than Mattison, just not cheaper. To say Mattison, who's stats I posted here, vastly outperformed him couldn't be further from the truth. He couldn't crack 4 ypc...... guessing that o-line just wasn't as good.

View attachment 59914

Mattison had less carries, and most of them were in the redzone. It stands to reason that with more carries outside of the redzone - and certainly taking Cook’s carries - Mattison would improve.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Mattison had less carries, and most of them were in the redzone. It stands to reason that with more carries outside of the redzone - and certainly taking Cook’s carries - Mattison would improve.
Honestly, Mattison is just a JAG. I'm sure the Vikings will replace him first chance they get. I think this is a case of the Vikings getting ahead of this and cutting Cook before they think he'll drop off plus he just costs more to keep. I think he still has at least 2 years of good play left, but that will obviously be on a different team. Also Mattison had time to prove that he was better in 2021 as he had twice the amount of carries but did nothing special.

dang

Legend

In what capacity did Mattison outperform Cook?

Memento

Name
Jemma
Honestly, Mattison is just a JAG. I'm sure the Vikings will replace him first chance they get. I think this is a case of the Vikings getting ahead of this and cutting Cook before they think he'll drop off plus he just costs more to keep. I think he still has at least 2 years of good play left, but that will obviously be on a different team.

We’ll see. Obviously, they’re cutting Cook because he’s been run into the ground, has had injuries to his knee, and, like you said, isn’t worth his cost.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
We’ll see. Obviously, they’re cutting Cook because he’s been run into the ground, has had injuries to his knee, and, like you said, isn’t worth his cost.
I think the Vikings o-line is the bigger problem there but it's really a numbers game. Vikings don't want Cook at the fraction it cost to keep Mattison. It was going to happen sooner than later for sure, but I wouldn't say Dalvin Cook is cooked just yet. We'll definitely see and I think it'll depend on where he goes once he's free from Minnesota.

Memento

Name
Jemma

He took a lot more redzone carries than Cook, and was harder to bring down than Cook. Cook took a lot of carries, has injury concerns, and the lowest YPC than he had in his career. I admit I was wrong about Mattsion “vastly outperforming” Cook, but I’ll stand by my point: that Dalvin Cook is cooked.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
He took a lot more redzone carries than Cook, and was harder to bring down than Cook. Cook took a lot of carries, has injury concerns, and the lowest YPC than he had in his career. I admit I was wrong about Mattsion “vastly outperforming” Cook, but I’ll stand by my point: that Dalvin Cook is cooked.
All good, we'll agree to disagree there about Cook being cooked lol

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
All good, we'll agree to disagree there about Cook being cooked lol
I agree with you.

Vikings didn’t want to cut him, they wanted him to restructure so they could keep him. No way he’s done and he’s probably better if they got the shoulder fixed.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In the "cost less" category I guess
There isnt a universe that exists where Mattison is better than Cook
He may not be a good fit for the Rams but he sure can be a darn good football player

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Highest number of carries? He had his 2nd lowest number of carries per game (15.5) which is why his production dipped.
Not coincidentally, while his carries per game decreased dramatically, Cousins saw his pass attempts increase to a career high by a large margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.