OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Signing OBJ to a big ($8-15M+) contract with his age and injuries would be bizarre considering all the cuts. Especially if it’s a multi year deal that could end up with future dead cap hits.

Now a $4-5M type prove it deal would be different. That’s somewhat manageable for 2023 and could potentially become a prime TDL asset in 2023 if we’re not in the playoff chase. But I doubt OBJ takes such a small deal.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Everyday I get to hear from my best buddy how his 'boys are doing neat stuff and then he gets to hear me rant about the Rams. Haha.

They're gonna have a real solid roster.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Everyday I get to hear from my best buddy how his 'boys are doing neat stuff and then he gets to hear me rant about the Rams. Haha.

Cowboys could be really good this year.

Since he’s your best friend, you should tell him what it’s like for your favorite team to play in an NFC Championship Game.

It’s been almost 30 years since Dallas has played in one.

You can even tell him how exciting and fulfilling it is to win that game and make it to a Super Bowl.

Unfortunately, you can’t prepare him for the bitterness and pain of losing that game because, while the Rams have played in four NFC Championship Games in the same period, they have yet to lose one.

You can tell him it probably sucks.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
Cowboys could be really good this year.

Since he’s your best friend, you should tell him what it’s like for your favorite team to play in an NFC Championship Game

It’s been almost 30 years since Dallas has played in one.

You can even tell him how exciting and fulfilling it is to win that game and make it to a Super Bowl.

Unfortunately, you can’t prepare him for the bitterness and pain of losing that game because, while the Rams have played in four NFC Championship Games in the same period, they have yet to lose one.

You can tell him it probably sucks.
Oh he knows. He's a pessimistic cowboys fan most of the time lol

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Wish we could find a way to trade for Jerry Juedy. I knows it’s probably not feasible but still I would love him on the rams.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
Wish we could find a way to trade for Jerry Juedy. I knows it’s probably not feasible but still I would love him on the rams.
I could see them shipping a future 2nd or something off for Kamara.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
OBJ instantly makes the 2023 Los Angeles Rams primetime T.V. and a darkhorse in the conversation to make the playoffs. Because you can never underestimate any team coached by McVay. Just ask the 2022 Raiders. What if in week 17 we are one win away from a wildcard birth? Get OBJ for that "show me" deal and we are off to the races.
I think OBJ is very overrated at this point in his career. I don’t see the Rams addressing the line in free agency, so I’m hoping they do it through the draft. Even then it’s likely that the Oline won’t be good for 2023.

No kickers at all. I hope they land Barney Amor from PSU. He reminded me of He jet with his clutch punts inside the 10-20 yard line range.

I hope the Cowboys are good. I’m already sick of listening to Eagles fans who think Hurts is the greatest QB to ever walk the earth.
I could see them shipping a future 2nd or something off for Kamara.
No! He’s not worth a second round pick any more.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
I think OBJ is very overrated at this point in his career. I don’t see the Rams addressing the line in free agency, so I’m hoping they do it through the draft. Even then it’s likely that the Oline won’t be good for 2023.

No kickers at all. I hope they land Barney Amor from PSU. He reminded me of He jet with his clutch punts inside the 10-20 yard line range.

I hope the Cowboys are good. I’m already sick of listening to Eagles fans who think Hurts is the greatest QB to ever walk the earth.

No! He’s not worth a second round pick any more.
You know the Rams. .. overpay and undersell!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I have a reall hard time understanding the desire for fans to want to put all of what little cap funds $$$ into a damaged knee & drama covered past 30 wideout OBJ ? :hellno:

The 2022 Ol would not permit #9 last season to make the throws.... what makes anyone think #9 will have more time this season?

The Rams WR unit that is by far the most talented unit on the entire team.

1679435011951.png

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I have a reall hard time understanding the desire for fans to want to put all of what little cap funds $$$ into a damaged knee & drama covered past 30 wideout OBJ ?

Do you have a number you’d say “yes”?

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I could see the rams get Bolles from the broncos on the cheap honestly I'd be thrilled with him and Risner or I'd roll the dice on Lewan cheap and Risner but rather have the two that are nasty and played together before.

dang

Legend

Yeah but Mike McCarthy is a coach no bueno.

Ram65

Legend
Exactly.
To sign him, a team will give him a 3-4 year deal with decent signing bonus and low guaranteed money.
Something like
4 year deal, 75 mill
20 mill signing bonus,
2023 5 mill salary guaranteed
2024 12 mill salary, guaranteed at start of 2024 league year
2025 15 mill salary non guaranteed, 4 mill roster bonus
2026 15 mill salary non guaranteed, 4 mill roster bonus
That way he gets his chunk of cheddar, and team is protected if he flames out

I agree if the Rams are going to sign him it needs to be a 3-4 year deal. It makes little sense for one season when they are rebuilding. A one-year prove deal leaves the door open for OBJ to leave or hold the Rams for more money

I'm struggling with the money on this deal. If my math is right that would be 20M + 5M + 12M for the first two years. That's a total of 37M for 2023 and 2024 Also leaves 10 dead cap if cut before the 2025 season. That's a lot of risk and money for a WR that hasn't stayed healthy and/or productive for three seasons.

NFL teams are spending money like crazy but, not all free agents are getting really big deals. Here is the deal that Adam Thielen just got.

Current Contract

Adam Thielen signed a 3-year, $25,000,000 contract with the Carolina Panthers, including a $8,335,000 signing bonus, $14,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $8,333,333. In 2023, Thielen will earn a base salary of $1,165,000 and a signing bonus of $8,335,000, while carrying a cap hit of $3,332,000 and a dead cap value of $14,000,000.

I'm just spitballing here.

Thielen is just over 2 years older than OBJ but, has been more productive and healthier. The Rams could up the signing bonus some. Considering OBJ's health I don't see teams having to go crazy here. One important thing is OBJ likes McVay and the Rams. I could see incentives based on health and games played added to a deal. Adding a fourth year could also be smart giving the Rams a realistic three-year deal.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Do you have a number you’d say “yes”?
No sir. I would not waste my valuable time thinking about him.

All my time would be spent working on the problems.

My position is fixed...the Rams wideouts unit is not a problem. Cap cash is in very short supply.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Signing OBJ to a big ($8-15M+) contract with his age and injuries would be bizarre considering all the cuts. Especially if it’s a multi year deal that could end up with future dead cap hits.

Now a $4-5M type prove it deal would be different. That’s somewhat manageable for 2023 and could potentially become a prime TDL asset in 2023 if we’re not in the playoff chase. But I doubt OBJ takes such a small deal.
Yeah... but so what if the Rams end up eating the cap space on another big contract? Wouldn't be the first time.
Rams need help now. OBJ, if healthy, could help the offense a lot. He's a gifted receiver and he hasn't forgotten how to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.